Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenubgrower
Stranger
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
NDP Party Idea: Decriminalization Of All Personal Drug Possession
    #24620933 - 09/11/17 04:33 PM (9 days, 7 hours ago)

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/09/10/jagmeet-singh-floats-decriminalization-of-all-personal-drug-possession_a_23203538/

VANCOUVER — As NDP leader, Jagmeet Singh would call for decriminalizing possession of all drugs for personal use, he said during a leadership debate Sunday.

The NDP candidates were asked how they would respond to the opioid crisis which has killed at least 876 people in British Columbia alone this year.

Last week, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau poured cold water over the possibility of legalizing or decriminalizing drugs such as heroin and cocaine, although many advocates believe such a move would help prevent further overdose deaths from the powerful opioid fentanyl.

Singh noted that as a lawyer who had worked in the criminal justice system, "I can tell you that people who are charged with personal possession offences are often those who are poor, often those who have mental health issues and often those who are addicted.

"This does not sound to me like a criminal justice problem. That sounds to me like a social justice problem and a health-care problem," he said at one of the last debates before party members choose a successor to Thomas Mulcair.

"I would call for the decriminalization of all personal possession offences when it comes to drugs. Period."

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXLCaps
octopus fucking starfish
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Next to your fire Flag
Re: NDP Party Idea: Decriminalization Of All Personal Drug Possession [Re: nubgrower]
    #24621080 - 09/11/17 05:33 PM (9 days, 6 hours ago)

Always smart to take good care in deciding how much stock to put in the word of politicians. It will happen eventually, maybe even in our lifetimes, but honestly all I see when I read this is "Pay attention to me!" and all I can think is why? :lol:

Offlinefractalgod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: NDP Party Idea: Decriminalization Of All Personal Drug Possession [Re: XLCaps]
    #24621702 - 09/11/17 08:33 PM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

I've always said if you could get morphine at the store there wouldn't be any reason to do fentanyl. It's no different than alcohol prohibition, the drug war makes the problem much worse.

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male

Re: NDP Party Idea: Decriminalization Of All Personal Drug Possession [Re: fractalgod]
    #24622371 - 09/12/17 12:20 AM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

fractalgod said:
I've always said if you could get morphine at the store there wouldn't be any reason to do fentanyl. It's no different than alcohol prohibition, the drug war makes the problem much worse.

Kudos but how do make the majority understand that simple fact even though the failure of alcohol prohibition has already proven it? That more people died during alcohol prohibition from alcohol then when it was legal mostly from tainted booze. History repeats.  Einstein was right the universe may be finite but mankind's stupidity is infinite.

Offlinedurian_2008
cornucopian eating an elephant
 User Gallery

Re: NDP Party Idea: Decriminalization Of All Personal Drug Possession [Re: rider420]
    #24623262 - 09/12/17 01:09 PM (8 days, 10 hours ago)

I think, we're being connoisseurs and criticizing other people's drugs of choice.

Self-destructive, addictive personalties take medically-unfeasible combinations of anything and everything.  They don't care whether the dosage is standardized.

Neither, onerous restrictions nor absolute libertarianism have dealt with that mindset, successfully.

You can say it's a health or self-worth or legal problem, but that's just labeling and subsidizing it.

Offlineperikleous
Stranger

Loc: EuroZone Victim
Re: NDP Party Idea: Decriminalization Of All Personal Drug Possession [Re: nubgrower] * 1
    #24625197 - 09/13/17 04:50 AM (7 days, 18 hours ago)

This sadly will never be the case unless all drugs are sold like alcohol!
The decriminalization of personal use would eliminate the ability of law enforcement to arrest the dealers!
Without the possesion charge threat/fear-prison, they will never rat out the source of supply!

keeping states LE agencies from making money through asset forfiture...

Your asking them to cut down there money tree
To stop milking the CashCOW and instead butcher it so the people can eat today!

Forget that plan GREED is the basis on which "this" country USSA was founded!
Canada's govt will do whatever US Deepstate tells them to do!

Edited by perikleous (09/13/17 04:54 AM)

Offlineperikleous
Stranger

Loc: EuroZone Victim
Re: NDP Party Idea: Decriminalization Of All Personal Drug Possession [Re: fractalgod] * 1
    #24625250 - 09/13/17 05:45 AM (7 days, 17 hours ago)

Yes, it adds violence, raises cost/risk, Creates addiction!
  Look at gamblers, states that legalised had much less issues than ones that didnt!. Being told you cannot do something only makes one want it more!
If you need a drug(or anything) to get through each day, you are dependent(not addicted)
If you cannot afford that drug(causing illness,lost income,family issues)committing crime causing you/loved ones harm YOU ARE ADDICTED!
Put simply, they are both dependent on the sustance(rich/poor) the poor cannot support the habit so they are addicts!

Its the same as a gambler, you do not go to Gamblers Anonymous when you are "winning/up" you go when your down and out! The wealthy are never down and out, its a class issue! working class/poor are addicts, wealthy people are dependent, They both use the same drugs, the issue is the cost of the habit!

When someone abuses drugs that cause dependence, they work, earn and buy more... When someone abuses drugs that cause dependence that are illegal, the price skyrockets creating two scenarios. One is those who can afford the substance (wealthy) are able to maintain w/o risk, they can do as they please.
Those who cannot keep up with the black market cost, go sick, lose jobs, resort to criminal behavior to cover the costs!

These addictive substances  are really very cheap to grow, cheap enough that one could use regularly on a living wage...
You never hear stories of alcoholics robbing to support there habit(its legal in other words "affordable"

The drug war changes this completely and creates the issue!
If the real drugs(natural) were available/taxed for(health/detox costs to states) then the synthetic drugs would not exist, let that sink in
Meth GONE
Fentanyl GONE
Spice/bath salts/RCs GONE
They were all created to legally skirt drug laws, if the laws are lifted, they are gone!
Would you use spice if you could grow weed?
Would you use fentanyl if you could grow poppies, or even buy pain meds through the state?
WOULD YOU use RCs if shrooms/DMT/LSD/MESCALINE were sold legally or you grew for personal use?

The crime is created by the war itself...Sadly the main dealer is each countries Govt, its why we are in Afganistan for 16yrs!
They created the habit by eliminating our jobs (deindustrialization)
They created the demand then fed it through pain management/pills
Then took them away/cost skyrocketed due to laws of supply/demand

Then they filled the demand with Opium from Afganistan

THE WAR ON TERROR has a symbiotic relationship with THE WAR ON DRUGS
Like ants/bees and plants

The profits of the black $ earned from the drug imports support the war on terror...
The war on terror enables the occupying military  to obtain the drugs to ship home..
The profits from the war on drugs enables LE to purchase war on terror weapons to be used in war on drugs raids and so on!

The decriminalisation of drugs terminates this symbiotic relationship..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon San Pedro

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service