Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRainbowBridge
Stranger
 User Gallery

Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting
    #24616139 - 09/09/17 02:18 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys,
Newbie here, apologies in advance for amateur and/or redundant questions. 

So I've been using grain spawn to colonize horse manure/ vermiculite/ gypsum bulk sub into tubs. I have been doing 7 quart tubs in SFCs and also monotubs at 7 quart spawn - 12 quarts bulk sub using multispore syringes.

The issues I have been having come during fruiting. My main problem is that pinning is only happening around the edges. I haven't been able to get a good flush as the sub is mostly barren with pins only showing around the edges. The amount of myc I'm fruiting should have a much higher yield.

I am fanning and misting the sfc a couple times per day and the rh stays in the 90s, temp in the 70s.  Same issue in the monotub.

Also I am occasionally having entire flushes with 40+ pins that only grow a couple inches and then stall out. What looks like a qp flush turns into an oz. at this rate I am thinking brf cakes would be more fruitful considering the amount of work and resources that are going into these tubs, but I am obviously doing something wrong. Does this sound like a common problem that someone could help me with?

Thanks in advance,
RB

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWienerwoods
Stranger

Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: RainbowBridge]
    #24616320 - 09/09/17 03:19 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

You should post pictures. It sounds like something is wrong with the environment. My monotubs are 32 liter containers with six holes in the standard monotub configuration. Diameters are roughly 35 mm and 55 mm. There's an oscillating fan directly above them blowing air around the room for 15 minutes, every hour. My bulk substrate consists of approximately 5 liters of coir, 250 ml gypsum and a liter of vermiculite. I use about 3 liters of spawn and average 100 dry grams per tub during the 3 flushes that I keep them going for before tossing. Substrate depth is roughly 10 cm.

--------------------

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

#24616551 - 09/09/17 05:03 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RainbowBridge said:
Hey guys,
Newbie here, apologies in advance for amateur and/or redundant questions. 

So I've been using grain spawn to colonize horse manure/ vermiculite/ gypsum bulk sub into tubs. I have been doing 7 quart tubs in SFCs and also monotubs at 7 quart spawn - 12 quarts bulk sub using multispore syringes.

The issues I have been having come during fruiting. My main problem is that pinning is only happening around the edges. I haven't been able to get a good flush as the sub is mostly barren with pins only showing around the edges. The amount of myc I'm fruiting should have a much higher yield.

I am fanning and misting the sfc a couple times per day and the rh stays in the 90s, temp in the 70s.  Same issue in the monotub.

Also I am occasionally having entire flushes with 40+ pins that only grow a couple inches and then stall out. What looks like a qp flush turns into an oz. at this rate I am thinking brf cakes would be more fruitful considering the amount of work and resources that are going into these tubs, but I am obviously doing something wrong. Does this sound like a common problem that someone could help me with?

Thanks in advance,
RB

Pictures

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: Wienerwoods]
    #24616557 - 09/09/17 05:06 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wienerwoods said:
You should post pictures. It sounds like something is wrong with the environment. My monotubs are 32 liter containers with six holes in the standard monotub configuration. Diameters are roughly 35 mm and 55 mm. There's an oscillating fan directly above them blowing air around the room for 15 minutes, every hour. My bulk substrate consists of approximately 5 liters of coir, 250 ml gypsum and a liter of vermiculite. I use about 3 liters of spawn and average 100 dry grams per tub during the 3 flushes that I keep them going for before tossing. Substrate depth is roughly 10 cm.

:whathesaid:

OfflineRainbowBridge
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: Wienerwoods]
    #24618511 - 09/10/17 02:58 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I am using a 4" inline fan under a table cloth on 24 hrs for air circulation.  Using 2 4ft fluorescent bulbs on 12/12 for lighting. Monotub is a 64 quart with 3 1.5" holes loosely packed with poly fill on each side and one on each end (8 holes total). Still maxes out the hygrometer and seems overly humid. However the sfcs are having the same issue with lower rh. Sub in monotub is at approx 2.5" depth, about 31/4" depth on the sfc tubs.

Edited by RainbowBridge (09/10/17 03:00 PM)

Offlinewaxbrain
That Fun Guy
I'm a teapot

#24618566 - 09/10/17 03:22 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry man hope someone can get you an answer, I'm sure a TC will chime in.

Offlinerokopolo
Stranger
Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: waxbrain]
    #24618607 - 09/10/17 03:35 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

More Fae and misting side so it don't dry out

InvisibleSkinty
TOP SECRET

Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: rokopolo]
    #24618682 - 09/10/17 04:00 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Rhetorically speaking... What is it that makes your myc fruit from the edge but not the middle? How are the conditions different?

I suggest more FAE AND humidity. Also, lose the tape holing your liner to the tub.

--------------------

Edited by Skinty (09/10/17 04:03 PM)

Offlinewaxbrain
That Fun Guy
I'm a teapot

Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: Skinty]
    #24618688 - 09/10/17 04:04 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Everything I've seen shows the liner preventing microclimates providing surface pinning. It's strange.

OfflineMoho
Stranger
Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: waxbrain]
    #24618692 - 09/10/17 04:06 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I used 1.25" holes in a 64q mono and couldn't loosen the polly enough to get good fae. Switched to micropore tape recently, it has helped a bunch but I still need bigger holes. I use 6 holes and will be increasing to 2" holes. Drills show up tomorrow. I don't use a fan but cracked the window next to them. Central air runs around 12-15 hours and wasn't enough.

Humidity where I am at is 0 and I don't have a humidifier yet. I mist maybe 3 times a day. I have a different environment than you but the tub should be similar. I have a few side pins starting to grow but the majority is in the center.

With all the side pins it looks like your sub is probably too dry.
From what I have read you need to ignore the humidity and go off surface conditions.  My walls are dry most of the time.

This is my second attempt and first successful grow. Pic is seven days since first pin. This is the first flush from ms.

Your tubs in the sgfc might be better fruited dubtub or with the lid on you could also pull them out and fruit like a cake. I could be wrong though.

OfflineRainbowBridge
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Troubleshooting issues with bulk fruiting [Re: Moho]
    #24618792 - 09/10/17 04:57 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like the consensus is the sfc tubs are dry and need more misting, the monotub needs more fae... might give the micropore tape a try... Good advice. Will follow up
Cheers!

InvisiblePipefitter537
You're Not Yelping
 User Gallery

Loc: SodoSopa
    #24618904 - 09/10/17 06:03 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Liners don't prevent side pins. Proper surface conditions are a big factor. Here are some great reads
Also trim the liners as close to the sub as you can safely
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23999053#23999053

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/14508610/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/6

--------------------
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"-Bullet Tooth Tony

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate