Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDubiousNotation
Stranger
 User Gallery

Indoor Greenhouse Setup * 1
    #24617923 - 09/10/17 12:40 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hello all,
I just cased x6 boxes of cubensis mushrooms and had some questions about my setup. I'm using an ultrasonic humidifier and a timer I threw together the other day. I only had one relay so I just set it to toggle between the x4 PC fans and the humidifier. It is set to have the humidifier on for 10 minutes. then the fans for 1 minute. The analog hygrometer is reading 95% humidity. I know there is some hysteresis associated with an analog measurement so I'm sure it's dropping a bit lower than that after the fans kick on. Am I running the humidifier or fans too frequently? Should I add another relay and switch everything off for a period rather than toggling between the two? The piezo element of the humidifier is quite small so it doesn't put out a ton of fog but I have noticed some water accumulating around the edges. You can see it in the close up below.

Hygrometer reading

Perfectly safe timer

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Indoor Greenhouse Setup [Re: DubiousNotation] * 1
    #24618080 - 09/10/17 02:04 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Get a Humidistat to control your humidifier. Set it to come on if the RH drops below 75% and turn off when it reaches 85%.

One of These timers to run your fan for a min or two every hour.

Just get a humidifier. Something like This. You could even attach some kind of tubing to the mist outlet and pipe it into the GH so it's not taking up shelf space.

Just some suggestions for you to consider.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
Grain Strainer

OfflineDubiousNotation
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor Greenhouse Setup [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #24624485 - 09/12/17 10:12 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the input. I'll probably take a humidity sensor from work and throw that in to the mix. Do you think 1 minute of circulation every 10 min. is too much air exchange? Is there even such a thing? Seems like most people have air cycle every few hours.

Invisiblehamloaf
7, 8, 11, 13!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 42. Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #24624505 - 09/12/17 10:20 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Mushrooms only require one full exchange of air per hour.  All you have to do is find out the CFM of your greenhouse to figure out how much air movement is required to exchange the air one full time in the green house.  By eyeballing your greenhouse, I'd say a small computer fan programmed on a timer to come on every hour for 10-20 seconds will suffice.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineDubiousNotation
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor Greenhouse Setup [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #24624538 - 09/12/17 10:33 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I'm mostly running it so frequently to evaporate excess water so I don't have a puddle on my floor. Are there any negative repercussions to cycling air so frequently?

OfflineVariegated
Pressure cooker operator
Male User Gallery

#24624564 - 09/12/17 10:42 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Sit the green house in a plastic tub..no puddle on the floor

OfflineDubiousNotation
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Indoor Greenhouse Setup [Re: Variegated] * 1
    #24624638 - 09/12/17 11:05 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

lol, that's true. I even have a somewhat suitable tub that's not in use. I'll have to implement that tomorrow before I put my oysters to fruit. But if that much water was accumulating it seems like it would be over-saturating the substrate, no? I understand you can calculate the minimum FAE requirement based on the cubic dimensions of your greenhouse but what would be the effect of exceeding that? My understanding is you can never have too much FAE so long as you are able to maintain a humidity around 90%? Is this correct?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation