Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
philisophical question.
    #2461320 - 03/22/04 08:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

here's a question that I think of at least once a day.  Sometimes I even question the premise entirely.  now I can think of only two ways (feeble brain) to see how everything got here.

This universe and it's particular energy has always existed in some form. View exitence as a painting on the wall that constantly changes and morphes.  One huge mural containing everything that is.

or

First there was nothing at all

"The biggest exploision ever"

There's everything

now with the latter isn't there something wrong here?  doesn't everything come from (or created by) something else?  no exceptions...except everything???

if you accept that premise then anything is possible then.  Mind reading, multi-verses, etc. :wink:

would human consciousness rather not ponder this question at all?  I think if we all did for a day and realize that existing alone is miraculous and a mystery,  I think more of us would be in awe in this life .  This would bring out an appreciation and a deeper, more profound understand and acceptence of life. 

want to go another level deeper?

next time when you look at your face in the bathroom mirror...

let's say there was an explination of why there is existence.  Would that be helpful to note included in the description of existence came an infinite amount of possibilities.  hey there could have been a universe with absolutely nothing in it. 

Why is there  this  universe.  Why are things the way the are rather than any other different way? A way THAT MIGHT have been.

still here?

let's say now that we know the answer to that question...

now another possibility shows up :grin:

God's idea of itself.

this "thing" :lol:  knows the reason for it's own existence; it chose to create this possibility.

we have something here, instead of having nothing.  is that even true??  Why am I me??  What this particular situation?  why this system of experience????

Ask this question to yourself everyday.. :wink:

thoughts??

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFiddleMyDiddle
Keyboard Samurai

Loc: Trapped inside my mind..
Re: philisophical question. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2461351 - 03/22/04 08:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"would human consciousness rather not ponder this question at all?"
yes, er no...umm.. depends.. Easter philosophy caters around form and function, while
western philosophy tends to gravitate towards beginning's and end's. I personally try not
to think to much about creation or destruction.

"Would that be helpful to note included in the description of existence came an infinite amount of possibilities. hey there could have been a universe with absolutely nothing in it."

Haha, the NULL universe...

Ahh takes me back to muh discrete math days, with things such as subsets and null sets. Wonder if we could mathematically prove that the cardinality of all created Universes is less
than cardinality of all implied "decisions" to create said universe.

"this "thing" knows the reason for it's own existence; it chose to create this possibility."

Sure "it" knows what its doing? What if its merely a concisous force with no control, or a unconcious force that is merely a system of energy?

....ramble, ramble, ramble...

time for food..

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at you because you're all the same.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: philisophical question. [Re: FiddleMyDiddle]
    #2463991 - 03/23/04 04:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

"western philosophy tends to gravitate towards beginning's and end's. I personally try not
to think to much about creation or destruction."

why would you choose to ignore such a quesiton? I'm not sitting here posting this looking for answers from other people.  This is a place to share ideas and I want to see if there are "other" possibilities :grin:

if you ponder this question for like an hour and even half an hour everyday, it provides (at least for me) something extra for my mindset.

there are many people that think this world is mundane, when in fact the must un-mundane thing of all, that is existence in itself, is staring at you in the mirror everyday.

you sugggested that there waasn't any system or organization to it. it's like a painting on the wall that represents life, is one big mural changing and changing.  chaotic..but beautiful.

I ask any of you, how would you approach life from each of those perspectives.

there is no god.  simple statement, but very heavy in it's implications.  how would you go about life in this mindset compared to the others?  would your mindset and how you view the world could change jsut by asking different questions?  so why ignore the possibilities?  Sure a definate answer won't come, but when has life given definite answers?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinestara
addict

Re: philisophical question. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2464213 - 03/23/04 05:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

In my opinion it's a game which nobody knows how to win it.And because of that sometimes we just forget we're in a game and start to hang around in the game and sometimes we remember it's a game and we have to win it so we're trying to do sth proper to win it.But we again get bored of it because we're not sure whether we win or not by doin the chosen way so in the end when we die we learn who has won so before we die we make guesses like who's gonna win and how and what(Philosophie).So :rolleyes:I'm not sure of anything ..... :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology