Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
Check my sig for new track
Male User Gallery

Pain in shoulder
    #24612819 - 09/08/17 02:14 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I self-diagnosed myself with carpal tunnel syndrome earlier in this year.
My hand I used the mouse with started to get very uncomfortable and would sometimes feel like it's on fire and it hurt kinda bad.

I eventually managed to resolve that pain by using a vertical mouse.

However, the pain moved from my hand and is basically only in my right shoulder now.

The pain becomes pronounced when I use the computer mouse or keyboard on a desk, but when it's on the keyboard tray it isn't as bad.

However, my shoulder pain acts up when I'm driving recently.  Long drives are a game of keep-moving-my-arms-constantly-in-new-positions-to-try-to-get-comfortable.

I injured my right wrist in an unrelated incident last year (I armwrestled a huge guy and my wrist got hurt during it).  I officially bruised a bone in my wrist per an MRI scan.  I had to stop lifting weights for a looong time, and this time period is when my shoulder started hurting.  Is it possible that abruptly stopping consistent weight lifting is causing nerve pain in my shoulder?

I'm FINALLY healed of my wrist bone bruise and I'm about to start lifting weights again.  I pray that doing so will somehow make my shoulder feel better.

Is this a pinched nerve in my right shoulder?  What do y'all think?  I'm probably going to see a doctor about it soon.

Oh, I don't think this is related, but I was diagnosed with acute Lyme disease a few years ago, but I caught it super early and was given doxycycline for two weeks to kill it and I think it worked.  But, idk, is this shoulder pain possibly from the Lyme that I maybe didn't actually kill with the meds a few years ago?

Feel free to ask my any questions about it.

--------------------
:musicnote: Dropped a rap track called "Ridin' in my FRS": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al6xl1xFNo4 :sunny: :musicnote::musicnote:
RIP Zombi3

Edited by lifeiswhatyoumake (09/08/17 02:16 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelittlespider
spider
Female

Loc: UK
Re: Pain in shoulder [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #24612889 - 09/08/17 03:39 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:

Is this a pinched nerve in my right shoulder? 

I wonder if a change of posture would help. Desk work and driving are common activities to make shoulders sore. The posture gets rounded forward, things gets pinched beacuse they are not operating in thier correct alignment.

Weights are often good for maintaing a good posture.
People are aware of posture as they lift and get into healthy habits that translate into daily activities.

I'd see a massage therapist with some body mechanics knowledge before a Dr. It might just take some deep work around where rhomboids are, under traps etc. Sometimes tension in the top of the back squeezes the dorsal scapular nerve which creates referred pain in the arm.
She could also give you some stretches.

Stretching pecs and levator scaps would be a good start. Don't force it, go slowly. Muscles don't actually stretch they relax and get longer.

If you don't want to pay to see an MT get someone to use thier heels in between spine and scaps. Once it's softer they can get a little under scaps and push it out.

Get someone to lean an elbow into the higher trigger points. When they have found them there may be referred pain, nausea, headache etc push firmly but smoothly down on them, 20 seconds at a time.

--------------------
remember what the dormouse said

Nordic Liberty Cap Photographer's Field Guide - by Lycaeum

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being