Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
let's talk semis...
    #2439018 - 03/16/04 11:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've got a pint of Ps. semilanceata millet spawn and I'm wondering what would be the best thing to do with it....
Seeing as it took almost a month to colonise the millet I think spawning to pasteurised straw is a no-go as the straw would probably contam before full colonisation. Anyone got any idea if semis would fruit off straight cased millet, given the right fruiting conditions? The weather this time of year is pretty similar to fruiting conditions in Sept...
Well, I've decided to do a couple g->g's for a start, but what to do with the rest........? Any thoughts/ideas welcome:)

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaptainFuture
Finally being here now :)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: let's talk semis... [Re: Champion des Champignons]
    #2440085 - 03/16/04 03:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You're right. The straw is difficult to colonize cause of the semi growing speed. You have to sterilise it, so perhaps it could work. (I'm trying this right now- but you have to keep the bag under near sterile conditions.)

I try to colonise now sterile straw/horsemanure/rye substrate in glasses which then will be cased. But if you case only the millet I don't think they will fruit.

Regarding to Jochen Gartz you need a dung supplemented substrate.

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: let's talk semis... [Re: CaptainFuture]
    #2440523 - 03/16/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

my other thought was to dig up an area of turf and spread amixture of dung and/or straw mixed with the spawn, replace the turf, then wait until autumn for the fruiting. I reckon that's the method most likely to work, being closest to what happens in nature, though spring semis would be cool if I could manage it...:)

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Offlineraindance
rainologist
Loc: PNW
    #2461016 - 03/22/04 04:39 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

i would treat them as p.mexicana beings they are sopose to form sclerota, i would definiteley suggest checking out the coffee project, please keep me informed on what you can find out about p.semilanceata forming sclerota.it might be a good idea to turn that jar into more so you can experiment. you might get them to form in the jars if you hydrate your millet with 50% coffee??????????sclerota??? i need to catch up on my homework :gd_icon:

--------------------
why the fuck

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2461072 - 03/22/04 05:00 PM (20 years, 29 days ago)

like stated above, you could make up filter patch bags with the desired substrate and sterilize the straw/poo that way. then inoc in front of a hood let the colonize.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Offlinecomario2
amateur

Loc: between places
    #2463049 - 03/23/04 06:04 AM (20 years, 28 days ago)

i did my mex A outdoors, without even any straw or poo, and in the wrong season. just threw contents of colonized mycobag in a small hole in the ground, covered with dirt. so you should do MUCH better than I did.
  :smile:

--------------------
comario

"crusaders against emotional poverty"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag