Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedream.culture
Stranger

agar mycelium. Two different types of growth in the same plate? Which one is mycelium?
    #24610544 - 09/07/17 02:56 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Hello everyone,

My first attempt at growing.
I have one Z strain agar dish I inoculated with a spore print and now I have two different types of growth originating where i dropped the spores (I ended up dropping more spores than I needed). The physical structure is quite different. One is ropey and they other is cotton like. What does this mean? Which one is what? I am confused. Help.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineADARKERSHADOW
Lurker
Male

Re: agar mycelium. Two different types of growth in the same plate? Which one is mycelium? [Re: dream.culture]
    #24610763 - 09/07/17 06:32 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

The spot on the right side of the first picture looks ready for transfer

--------------------
There would be no darkness without the light.

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Loc: Valhalla
Re: agar mycelium. Two different types of growth in the same plate? Which one is mycelium? [Re: ADARKERSHADOW]
    #24610780 - 09/07/17 06:49 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ADARKERSHADOW said:

:whathesaid:

Do it ASAP too.

--------------------

Offlinedream.culture
Stranger

Re: agar mycelium. Two different types of growth in the same plate? Which one is mycelium? [Re: dhype773]
    #24610809 - 09/07/17 07:18 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ADARKERSHADOW said:

Quote:

dhype773 said:
Quote:

ADARKERSHADOW said:

:whathesaid:

Do it ASAP too.

Thank. I am doing the transfer today but please tell me why there is a difference between the structure of the two spots? one is stringy and ropey the right side one and the left one is cotton like. The other dishes have cotton like growth which is the left side here? why is the right side different? Any reason?

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Re: agar mycelium. Two different types of growth in the same plate? Which one is mycelium? [Re: dream.culture]
    #24610812 - 09/07/17 07:24 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

You just explained the difference. It's hard to tell if the other spot is even mycelium, being that the pictures are all so blurry and poor quality. That one you can tell is mycelium. That ropey growth is unnatural, it's called rhizo growth. It is often a defense against contaminations. It's aggressive, so it will be good to get a transfer from. You will probably need lots of transfers judging by the looks of those plates. They are horribly contaminated.

--------------------

Offlinedream.culture
Stranger

Re: agar mycelium. Two different types of growth in the same plate? Which one is mycelium? [Re: dhype773]
    #24610988 - 09/07/17 10:01 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dhype773 said:
You just explained the difference. It's hard to tell if the other spot is even mycelium, being that the pictures are all so blurry and poor quality. That one you can tell is mycelium. That ropey growth is unnatural, it's called rhizo growth. It is often a defense against contaminations. It's aggressive, so it will be good to get a transfer from. You will probably need lots of transfers judging by the looks of those plates. They are horribly contaminated.

Yes I tried my best at the pictures but couldn't capture it properly sorry about that. I think it is mycelium because I have a few other dishes which show same sort of growth, the like of the one on the left. Thank you for identifying the rhizomorphic growth, I had read about it but never seen it before because I have zero experience in growing.
I just transferred it a moment ago. Hopefully the next one turns out to be less contamination and more pure mycelium. Im ready to make a few transfers thanks for the heads up.

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

#24610994 - 09/07/17 10:03 AM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Keep up the good work, and positive attitude.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation