Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: The dangers of sexual energy/orgasm [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24702616 - 10/11/17 03:14 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
I reject a dualistic worldview that the spirit and the flesh are in opposition. I need not reject the flesh in order to achieve or embrace the spiritual.  Such a view is not the epitome of spirituality. Rather, it is a misunderstanding of the true nature of the human experience. We are animals. Spirituality is one facet of the human experience. To think that rejecting orgasms leads to greater spirituality is foolish. It just leads to frustration and abhorrent behavior. Just look at the Catholic Church. No sex often leads to fucking little boys in secret. How spiritual.

We are not animals and that there is the fundamental problem of the entirety of all metaphysical miscomprehension.

Effective moderation of sexual urges does indeed lead to refinement of the higher mind, and in turn, better living.  By your example you state cases only of ineffective moderation and consequent 'sin', which is actually the product of an animal which you claim we are.  You've stated an error of sin which you've excused by way of your own rule.

Spirit and body co-exist, but the entire point of spirituality is to connect with the spirit in concentration through conscious effort directing thought away from the biological.

There is nothing pertaining to the body which is remotely relevant to spirituality other than those principles which are exercised by the body, to in turn, lose the body through the mind, lest it remains a largely stagnant essence.

Foolishness is regarding oneself as something by which we are clearly not - True Spiritualist or clergyman.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (10/11/17 04:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: The dangers of sexual energy/orgasm [Re: Duncan Rowhl] * 1
    #24702658 - 10/11/17 03:29 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:

Spirit and body co-exist, but the entire point of spirituality is to connect with the spirit in concentration through conscious effort directing thought away from the biological.

There is nothing pertaining to the body which is remotely relevant to spirituality other than those principles which are exercised by the body, to in turn, lose the body through the mind.

I couldn't disagree with you more. The mind can never lose the body as the mind and the body are one.

Spirituality is not freeing oneself from the body.

I believe that spirituality is finding peace and harmony with oneself and with nature. To deny the body does not accomplish this.

Peyote Road has every right to pursue a chaste life. I do not question his right to do so. However I do question his premise that orgasm is harmful. I also question, and in fact deny, the idea that chastity is in and of itself a spiritually superior path for all.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24702673 - 10/11/17 03:34 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

The brain and the body are one. 

The 'mind' to the spiritualist pertains to spirit and is not a substance of the brain.

Finding oneself in harmony with nature is root level of the soul in a handshake with the Tao.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (10/11/17 05:53 PM)

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #24703918 - 10/12/17 04:18 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:

There is nothing pertaining to the body which is remotely relevant to spirituality other than those principles which are exercised by the body, to in turn, lose the body through the mind.

I couldn't disagree with you more. The mind can never lose the body as the mind and the body are one.

Spirituality is not freeing oneself from the body.

I believe that spirituality is finding peace and harmony with oneself and with nature. To deny the body does not accomplish this.

Peyote Road has every right to pursue a chaste life. I do not question his right to do so. However I do question his premise that orgasm is harmful. I also question, and in fact deny, the idea that chastity is in and of itself a spiritually superior path for all.

What do you mean by chastity? I am not against people having sex, on the contrary I think it's better to have sex than try to suppress the desire to do so. Even the Bible supports this notion, as St. Paul writes it is better to marry than to be be on fire. However, I think chastity is an appropriate long term goal as over the course of one's life, the sexual desire should naturally lesson, especially if it can be expressed in a healthy way.

I also want to point out that the argument celibacy leads to sexually abusing children fails to take into account the fact that pedophilia occurs at a similar rate among school teachers and protestant ministers (who are allowed to marry). In other words, there is a lack of evidence that celibacy was the reason those priests abused children. The reason it became such a terrible scandal for the Catholic Church was not because it happened (as sadly, that kind of thing happens in a number of institutions) but because the Church's response was so bad.

As someone who has been involuntarily celibate most of my life, I can say it has never caused me to desire to sexually abuse children.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Invisiblehowsyournaggerdoin
Happy

Re: The dangers of sexual energy/orgasm [Re: Peyote Road]
    #24704002 - 10/12/17 05:37 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I still think this discussion will lead nowhere but since im bored i might aswell join in again

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
well ok if you believe that but I am not sure why you find it so hard to believe that the sex drive can be overcome or sublimated. Did you know that it fades naturally as we age? It's hormonal. Young children and most elderly people are not transfixed by sex the way people in prime reproductive age brackets are.

Exactly its hormonal which is something we have little control over unless you wanna talk about exogenous hormones.

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Re: The dangers of sexual energy/orgasm [Re: howsyournaggerdoin]
    #24704055 - 10/12/17 06:19 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

That's why I think you misunderstood my argument, I wasn't trying to say we had a lot of control over it as though we could simply choose to stop feeling sexual desire. It's what we choose to do with that desire. Ideally we can find a healthy expression for it with a partner or sublimate the energy which is very difficult. I would argue that this then leads to chastity, as in the desire is fulfilled and you no longer walk around distracted by thoughts of sex.

On the other hand, if you use the sexual energy as an escape from unwanted feelings then it leads you down the route of unchastity and away from fulfillment.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

Happy

#24704178 - 10/12/17 07:40 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Well yea if you have sex with a partner on a regular basis you will stop thinking about sex constantly. Thats a logical consequence.

I dont believe in "sublimating" tho. Seems like another word for "surpress".

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24704186 - 10/12/17 07:47 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

howsyournaggerdoin said:
Well yea if you have sex with a partner on a regular basis you will stop thinking about sex constantly. Thats a logical consequence.

On the contrary, logic would tell us; that means you'll be thinking about sex on a regular basis.

We don't do something regularly without thinking about it regularly.

Happy

Re: The dangers of sexual energy/orgasm [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #24704190 - 10/12/17 07:49 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Nothing wrong with that. I said constantly not regularly. Constantly every second youre awake

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24704193 - 10/12/17 07:51 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

howsyournaggerdoin said:
Nothing wrong with that

Therein is your opinion, but my point is that your claim was illogical.

Happy

#24704197 - 10/12/17 07:52 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

How is it illogical ?

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24704199 - 10/12/17 07:54 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

howsyournaggerdoin said:
How is it illogical ?

We cannot do something regularly without thinking about it regularly.

Thought is the substance of act.

Happy

#24704203 - 10/12/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I said constantly not regularly

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #24704205 - 10/12/17 07:57 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

right his claim was not illogical, if you read it you'll see he meant when you can fulfill your desire for sex you are not distracted constantly by the desire. He didn't say you never think about it.

--------------------

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24704208 - 10/12/17 07:58 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

howsyournaggerdoin said:

It's still not a viable proposition since no-one thinks of sex every second of the day.

The word which applies is 'regularly' as the only metric available.

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #24704210 - 10/12/17 08:00 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

howsyournaggerdoin said:

I dont believe in "sublimating" tho. Seems like another word for "surpress".

Based on what though? Do you deny the fact that there have been many people who lead very productive and happy lives who were celibate? I think it's up to you to make the case that these people were merely suppressing their true desires and not sublimating the energy.

--------------------

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #24704213 - 10/12/17 08:03 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:
Quote:

howsyournaggerdoin said:

It's still not a viable proposition since no-one thinks of sex every second of the day.

The word which applies is 'regularly' as the only metric available.

It is viable, constantly as in habitually. I've had many days where I thought about sex for if not every second, then 99 out of every 100 seconds. You're taking the word constantly too literally.

--------------------

Edited by Peyote Road (10/12/17 08:04 AM)

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24704214 - 10/12/17 08:04 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
right his claim was not illogical, if you read it you'll see he meant when you can fulfill your desire for sex you are not distracted constantly by the desire. He didn't say you never think about it.

Intruiging why you piped up in defence, but that's not what I took for the post and I didn't suggest that he said people will never think about sex if they indulge in it often.

I am beginning to agree with him in that the topic isn't going to go anywhere, since there's multiple angles in which people are understanding and bizzarely defending.

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#24704217 - 10/12/17 08:06 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Peyote Road back at it again with his christian nonsense

--------------------

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #24704219 - 10/12/17 08:06 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:
Quote:

Peyote Road said:

Intruiging why you piped up in defence, but that's not what I took for the post and I didn't suggest that he said people will never think about sex if they indulge in it often.

I am beginning to agree with him in that the topic isn't going to go anywhere, since there's multiple angles in which people are understanding and bizzarely defending.

I piped up because if you haven't suffered from the type of depravities I have, you might not realize how constantly a person can actually think about sex.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order