Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Most powerful Datura?
    #2460391 - 03/22/04 03:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone!

Firstly, I am not going to be taking any Datura - I've read what I can find on the internet, and decided that it's not for me.

BUT, I am looking to expand my plant collection, and especially to get more of the "dark side" of the entheogens (Belladonna, Mandrake, Datura, Henbane and other nightshades). I can't afford to splash out and get everything at once, and there seems to be quite a large choice of Daturas...

So, what I'd like to know is, which Datura is the most powerful, and which has had most use, historically?

Thanks for any help :smile:.

PS - if anyone wants to use this thread as an excuse to post Datura pr0n, please do. Everyone likes pictures :laugh:.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Most powerful Datura? [Re: Openminded]
    #2460609 - 03/22/04 05:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Metel seems to be a mighty temptress.. After growing her you might just decide she is for you. I belive Alkaloidaholic would pronbably agree.

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #2460945 - 03/22/04 06:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That I know of..

D. metel var. Black

It's only the most potent at certain stages in it's life and even then only certain parts.

Curiosity is how it starts. Like it or not I can see where this is going.

I collect nightshades. I'll give you some seeds free of charge.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2461446 - 03/22/04 09:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Would a reptile heating pad be ok? About what is the hottest you would want the heat source to be?

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #2461483 - 03/22/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The D. inoxia plant that has lived in front of my house since before me came back again this year. I was etting worried. She is beautiful........

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Most powerful Datura? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #2461562 - 03/22/04 09:58 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The heating stones get to hot but the thin ones you slip i\under the tank are good. it's what I use. i guess the ideal temperature is about 70-80f bu t ive never thermonitorized it.

Enth I don't know what GA-3 is right now. Ask me later when I'm smarter.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Most powerful Datura? [Re: Lazerouth]
    #2462376 - 03/23/04 01:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Most powerful Datura? [Re: zeta]
    #2462536 - 03/23/04 02:46 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Enth does http://www.super-grow.biz/Ordering.jsp seem like a good price for GA3?
Do you use it much?

Offlinesumthinesoteric
nothing
Loc: the void
remeber to be carefeul handling it [Re: Openminded]
    #2463060 - 03/23/04 08:16 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

just thought I would be annoying and remind you if you don't already know that you should be careful handling the plant once you grow it or if you buy a live one, or dig up at the local college garden or neighbors house.

1. Watch out for seed pod torns.

They hurt like a bitch and stay stuck under the skin forever, and if you ever are using it for ingesting purposes are not the most fun things to obsesse over while being smashed. Escpecially when you can barely make out things under your skin beneath all the "wrting" all over your skin.

2. Cats love to eat Datura.

Could hardly keep my cat away from the pods, leaves and flowers I had. Everytime I would move them I would turn around and all three would be there, right behind me watching where I was putting it. In fact, my cats hate it when I do nitors or smoke pot, but when I use to smoke the seeds, leaves or flowers they would all of a sudden just "be" right by me stareing at me.

3. Always think happy thoughts.

If you do choose to use it for ritualistic purposes I always found that one must constanly think happy thoughts while being around these teachers plants, including mandrake. I always found that If I so much as moved them or looked at them while upset, or pissed about something they would totaly absorb that defunct energy and throw it back at me next time smashed reality.

whatever,

sumthinesoteric

ps and remeber stay away from people, unless their smoking cigaraettes. hehehehehehe

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Most powerful Datura? [Re: Lazerouth]
    #2463117 - 03/23/04 08:55 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Lazerouth, that would be great! I'll PM you about it...

"Like it or not I can see where this is going."

Well, I currently have no intention of trying any... I'll just keep thinking of that German guy, you know, the one with the scissors?
Ouch. No, I wan't to keep myself intact.

Edit: and if I did, I'd try a weak one!

My very limited experience at getting nightshade seeds to germinate indicates that it's quite hard... I found a lovelly Belladonna plant growing in someone's garden hedge near me, I planned to dig the whole thing up and transplant it in my garden, but when I looked closer I saw that that wouldn't be possible. Anyway, I got a few berries when they came, but hardly got any seeds to germinate. I think maybe five or so did, I can't remember exactly. I grew them on a bit and planted them out, but they passed away :frown:.
And I don't get the impression that these plants do cuttings well. I have no idea why I think that, I just do. Probably through failure to root cuttings of plants with similar woodiness or something, who knows...

Anyway, thanks all :smile2:.

Mmmm... pretty...

Edited by Openminded (03/23/04 10:34 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden