Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ozarks
My first go at PF Tek * 2
    #24572823 - 08/22/17 08:00 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Been a long time since I posted on here and last time I was doing my first grow with pre sterilized BRF bags. It went well and I just never went anywhere further with it. Now I have the funds and the means to do PF Tek properly. I've ordered my PC (just a t-fal, I plan on getting an AA someday) and spores, I've got my new SAB made (66qt instead of 30 something I think was my last one), lids made up and my BRF and verm. Going to make my SGFC (66qt) soon, and I'm just waiting for my bags of perlite to come in at my local hardware store (I'm paying way more than I should but I'd rather give my money to a local business!). My girlfriend wanted to learn so we'll see how it goes!

--------------------
Peace, pot and microdot!:mushroom2:
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List
https://psychedelia.space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemynakedrat
The phantom hourglass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Inner Astral levels Flag
Re: My first go at PF Tek [Re: 00Burnout] * 1
    #24572946 - 08/22/17 08:52 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet! We will see!

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: My first go at PF Tek [Re: mynakedrat] * 2
    #24583711 - 08/27/17 05:38 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Unfortunately my girlfriend got arrested over some old bullshit that she thought she took care of. It's going to be atleast 30 days before this grow gets started. It's so hard to wait with everything here but she was just as excited as me to start so I'm going to wait.

--------------------
No amount of progress has ever been made in the way of man without challenging the things we think we understand.-00Burnout
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24590510 - 08/30/17 10:30 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Well my girlfriend wanted me to get it started so there's some shrooms when she gets out. I PCed my jars (2:1:1 recipe) last night and I'm about to inoculate in my SAB

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24598688 - 09/02/17 02:56 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

3 days after innocultion: Small colonies of myc possibly spotted in 2 jars, way to small to show up in a picture and could possibly just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but time will tell!

Also, I did not tape my holes before PCing, I've read mixed opinions on tape or no tape but my control jar did not have a compromised verm barrier and all jars appear to have retained their moisture, I gave them all an extra splash of water while mixing (about a tablespoon) to avoid drying during PC cycle, and none appear to be too wet.

I intend to do several things after harvest. 1) Take multiple prints for making MS syringes 2) clone my biggest, meanest, fastest fruit to agar 3) start doing agar work from spores 4) play with LC and LI. All of this is subjective to what I'm able to invest in time and supplies, I have every intention on continuing PF Tek until I become comfortable with it and have a decent stock of spores and cultures.

I know a lot of cultivators would tell me to go ahead and dive into agar and bulk since I have a PC, but I'd rather go slow and be comfortable with agar work before I start working with grain and bulk subs.

I feel that this should be the approach any new cultivator should take, in theory it would reduce the chances of failure in bulk grows later on and allow us noobs to dabble in the more advanced TEKs without the dissapointment of contamination in a whole batch.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24600402 - 09/03/17 11:31 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

4 days after inoculation

Visible colonization of 4/10 jars noticed, it's definitely myc but still to small to see in a picture with my shitty phone.

So I'm a brewer, I've read several failed attempts at brewing a "blue" beer but me and the head brewer at the brewery I work at might have figured out a way to make it work and taste good. It's going to be a small 5 gallon batch but we're going to smoke a half oz shrooms on top of mangos using a light smoke like applewood and add them to secondary fermentation. When this project goes under way I'll start a page for it but I'd like to see some feedback on this from those who have tried. I'd really like to see what RR has to say about this since I'm sure he would know far more on how psilocybin is affected by fermentation. Do you guys think I would be better off using saccharomyces or brettanomyces, and how would it do with having lactobacillus in it for souring?

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24600413 - 09/03/17 11:35 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

00Burnout said:
Unfortunately my girlfriend got arrested over some old bullshit that she thought she took care of.

Quote:

00Burnout said:
Well my girlfriend wanted me to get it started

Quote:

00Burnout said:
Do you guys think I would be better off using saccharomyces or brettanomyces, and how would it do with having lactobacillus in it for souring?

id focus on getting a new girlfriend. personally? dmt+ethanol is awful.

...back PF tek.. its only 4 days. you will go insane looking for myc. just leave them be and check back in 1 week.

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: My first go at PF Tek [Re: mushboy] * 1
    #24600504 - 09/03/17 12:05 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Nah I'm not leaving her, the whole situation is stupid. It was just a matter of her forgetting some shit with her probation she had last year.

I'm aware of how insane I can go looking for myc lol. I did a super short cut grow last year and bought pre-sterilized brf bags and it went well but I swear I checked them like twice a day and I thought I would lose it. I guess I'm just worried because I never used a pressure cooker before this.

Personally I enjoy the effects from combining psychedelics with alcohol, moderately on the alcohol end. For myself it makes the trip easier going. My hopes for the beer would be for a good body high by the 3rd beer and after a 6er be on a level 2/3 trip. We did 3 mushroom saisons awhile back that were excellent (morel, chantrelle, and black trumpets).

I believe experimentation is the true highlight of both cultivation and brewing, even in failure you can still learn many things!

But I do appreciate your input!

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24600511 - 09/03/17 12:10 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

00Burnout said:
It was just a matter of her forgetting some shit with her probation she had last year.

how do you forget that kind of shit? i had probation(8yrs ago) and i remember every detail
because the court system ass raped me and it hurt all the time. shits hard to just 'forget'

especially while cultivating a felony. its like growing plants and forgetting the sun part.

rant over. lots to read though while you wait for those cakes!!

more linkage..

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086/page/3

crumble up your cakes and do this..
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=23078677&page=0&vc=1#23078677

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24600614 - 09/03/17 01:00 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

That's pretty much exactly what I did, but I had to add a splash of water to reach field capacity.

And I totally agree with you about using a dehydrator properly. My last grow I tried to desiccant try because I didn't have a dehydrator and was waaaay too broke to buy a one, and I know, they're cheap.

The only reason I'm not doing trays is because I'm not to worried about yield and if I was going to start playing around with CVG I'd probably just do grains and start doing bulk.

Thanks for the links though, they were good reads. Have you read anywhere on here about having success using malted rye? I've only seen people talk about it and how it wouldn't work.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24600641 - 09/03/17 01:11 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

i only know birdseed
:mostinteresting:

malted rye?:shrug:

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
    #24600705 - 09/03/17 01:44 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

00Burnout said:
It was just a matter of her forgetting some shit with her probation she had last year.

how do you forget that kind of shit? i had probation(8yrs ago) and i remember every detail
because the court system ass raped me and it hurt all the time. shits hard to just 'forget'

especially while cultivating a felony. its like growing plants and forgetting the sun part.

rant over. lots to read though while you wait for those cakes!!

more linkage..

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086/page/3

crumble up your cakes and do this..
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=23078677&page=0&vc=1#23078677

thanks for the shout out mushboy! I think im gonna update my inoculation pictures. I made a new SAB a while back, and it just looks so much better.

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24600785 - 09/03/17 02:15 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
i only know birdseed
:mostinteresting:

malted rye?:shrug:

Yeah, working in a brewery I have access to all kinds of grain most of which are malted. The process of malting is taking the grains and soaking the grains until the start germinating, the germination is halted and the grains roasted. It gives us brewers easy access to the starches in the grain which gets converted to sugar during the mash.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24603091 - 09/04/17 12:31 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

5 days after inoculation:
visible myc in 8/10 jars
3 are starting to gain momentum
[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/17-36/454976370-20170904_132603.jpg][/url

Noticed a small dark speck in the center of colony, I'm guessing it's a piece of verm?

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24607256 - 09/05/17 10:04 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I had the sketchiest thing happen. So my girlfriend's house got broken into, which happens to be where I got this going at. The person who broke in was the previous tenant, someone who was supposedly her friend, to retrieve some abandoned belongings (over 30 days) and some shit that wasn't hers. I unfortunately could not go and deal with this personally (the bitch who broke in is pregnant) so I didn't have much of a choice but to get the cops involved (SUPER FUCKING SKETCHY) but they never entered the house. Even if the bitch had seen the jars she wouldn't have a clue what it is. Either way I'm super sketched out, I don't have a place to move things right now. Should I toss it?

This all just occurred about a half hour ago so my nerves are shit...I hate talking to the fuzz...what should I do?!

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

Offlinetheoldclarysage
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#24607558 - 09/06/17 12:09 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

00Burnout said:

Sounds like you just need to get your life in order before you cultivate a felony in more ways than one.

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

Re: My first go at PF Tek [Re: theoldclarysage] * 1
    #24608293 - 09/06/17 09:53 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

theoldclarysage said:
Quote:

mushboy said:
Quote:

00Burnout said:

Sounds like you just need to get your life in order before you cultivate a felony in more ways than one.

I've got my life in order, it's her's that's a little out of control right now. After a night of letting my nerves settle down I've decided I don't have anything to worry about. Landlord is coming to replace the door that got pryed open (I already replaced the locks a couple weeks ago). It's literally just been stupid shit stacking on top of stupid shit. I guess that's just the price you pay for living in small town USA. I'm not much into superstition but I'm starting to think there's really something to this whole Mercury Retrograde thing, which ended yesterday, because everything has been crazy since it started...I also blame the eclipse lol

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24608317 - 09/06/17 10:00 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

my life has been great since the eclipse because i coincidentally made better life choices around that time.

dont blame anything but yourself for your issues. her life not being in order WILL spill into yours. its just how things go.
because most people(especially 'chicks') can not control how they spinout. so when they do, they take everyone out with them.  :nono:

dont need no astrology its inside you and me
you dont need a ticket to fly with me; im free.

Offline00Burnout
That one guy
Male User Gallery

#24608346 - 09/06/17 10:16 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
my life has been great since the eclipse because i coincidentally made better life choices around that time.

dont blame anything but yourself for your issues. her life not being in order WILL spill into yours. its just how things go.
because people can not control how they spin out. so they take everyone out with them. especially 'chicks' :nono:

dont need no astrology its inside you and me
you dont need a ticket to fly with me; im free.

I was joking, I don't honestly believe that an astronomical event can have impact on someone's unless of course they believe in it so much it becomes reality. Her life was going pretty smoothly until all this crazy nonsense happened, she's was working on getting her diploma (she dropped out senior year and is still young enough to go back and finish) and taking college courses, and this is her first place. This whole nightmare is just a classic example of how life will kick you square in the nuts when you're finally getting your shit together. It will all blow over as it always does, my nerves are just frayed from working 2 jobs and keeping up with all this. Why I feel the need to share it on here instead of facebook like a normal person is beyond me. I do appreciate you and theoldclarysage putting your 0.02 in, and actually appearing to give a shit. More so for not jumping my ass for being waaaay off topic.

--------------------
Ghetto Greenhouse
Trade List

OfflineSpencerPhillips
Male User Gallery

Loc: ON, Canada Flag
    #24608470 - 09/06/17 11:15 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

00Burnout has my vote!

Think he needs to start a fan club :smile:

--------------------
Come on put it up! Woooo!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag