Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePadidleniddle
journeyman
print problems
    #2459977 - 03/22/04 01:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

my friend has attempted to make a spore print twice, he picked the most mature shrooms outa the batch and placed them on foil.. both times the shroom just dried up..Im assuming his problem is bc his shrooms stopped growing and did not have the caps fully open up, i was wondering if he could get some help on how to fix this? thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: print problems [Re: Padidleniddle]
    #2459984 - 03/22/04 01:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well when you pick a shroom to print from it must be sporulating meaning the veil must be broken and spores droped on it then you can pick it and cut the stem off and put it on foil then put a cup over the cap to keep it freaher longer with that methed i get like 3 dark ass prints so dark that each coulda been two or three dark prints but that is only with caps that are like 4" round or bigger

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinethenetherworld
journeyman
    #2459999 - 03/22/04 01:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Some caps wont print,but thats usually the exception rather than the rule IME. onetime is very right in directing you to wait for the caps to fully open and begin dropping spores before you attempt to take a print.

OfflinePadidleniddle
journeyman
Re: print problems [Re: thenetherworld]
    #2460010 - 03/22/04 01:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yes but the main problem iis that they stop maturing right as the veils begin to break, and he needs to know how to keep them from stopping growth

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #2460057 - 03/22/04 02:10 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

afoaf always picks em as only a lil bit of the veil still hangs on...then she tears the rest off and prints em....always leave dark ass dandy prints...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2460181 - 03/22/04 02:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There is just a few little holes in the top of the plastic to let it breath.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: print problems [Re: dobinky]
    #2460184 - 03/22/04 02:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

If the caps are drying up, put a cup or jar upside down over the printing cap to keep humidity high. If the problem is serious (e.g. you live in a particulary dry environment) then perhaps you could cover the printing cap with a larger box or jar and include a small amount of hydrated perlite or even just water in a small container like a film canister under the jar to try and keep humidity up. I've never tried that myself, but IMO it might work. If the caps dry too fast, the spores wont get a chance to drop.

-Odium

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2460193 - 03/22/04 02:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes a strain is grown that is sterile , or will not drop spores . Cousin IT had several batches of second gen Malabars that did this . It did not matter how long he let caps open up , did not matter how long he let caps sitting on foil , they just refused to dump spores , size of cap has zero to do with ability to drop spores . Even tried to old drops of sterile water on the cap to loosen them , with no luck . Sometimes you just gotta accept THE MUSHROOM GODDESS SAID NO !
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation