Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

fruiting chamber troubleshooting
    #2459481 - 03/22/04 05:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I am just about ready to case, and I think that I?m going to case each jar in a separate tray to avoid the possibility of spreading contaminants. I have a couple questions before I do this. These questions regard CO2 exchange and humidity during the fruiting process.

--Should I go through the trouble of putting a filtered air pump system in the fruiting chamber? It?s not really that hard or expensive. Addidtionally I could put it on a timer as to never really need to fan it.

--If I do this, how often should I set the air pump to be on and how long.

--During fruiting I know that my humidity needs to be somewhere between 90% and 100%. Could I set the cased trays on top of a bed of moist perlite? It just seems that perlite humidification is more efficient than ultrasonic. Some of what I have read indicate that ultrasonic can be inconsistent. Any method that can maintain a high RH with little attendance would be great.

My whole chamber set up will be primarily automated. I?m going to have a light above on a timer after pinning is initiated. I?m also going to have the air pump on a separate timer. That takes care of light and CO2 exchange, just not humidity. Oh yeah, I?m poor!

Answers to any of my questions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Below is a diagram of what I have in mind thus far:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: fruiting chamber troubleshooting [Re: ]
    #2459485 - 03/22/04 05:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

do a serch for "poor mans pod" that will answer all your questions.
though what you have in mind will work fine if you dont want to spend more money on hydroton and bubble wands etc.

Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation