Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Scales, Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

Strange Coincidence? Hurricane Harvey Hits Oil Refineries. * 2
    #24587040 - 08/29/17 05:32 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Human made global warming causes more intense hurricanes.

The hurricanes hit the place where 51% of the oil refineries are located in the U.S.

"Thus, by this one and the same breath - the fire blazes and is put out". -- Gospel of St. Phillip (Gnostic)

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

Edited by endogenous (08/29/17 07:15 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFreeTheSoul
The wonderer.
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: endogenous] * 1
    #24587044 - 08/29/17 05:34 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Um no. :taco::cheers:

OfflineConnoisseur

#24587050 - 08/29/17 05:47 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

interesting thought

its very subtle but the implications of mother nature can be mind blowing in the right light

sometimes things have to be subtle in order to root their influence very broadly

just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Loc: South Flag
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: Connoisseur]
    #24587057 - 08/29/17 05:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So the tree falls?

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: pineninja] * 1
    #24587061 - 08/29/17 05:57 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

well we knew it fell, i believe the question was wether it made a sound or not

:wink:

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: pineninja] * 1
    #24587071 - 08/29/17 06:01 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

:chump: said :
Fuck the wall,
Build a moat.

:failboat: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #24587072 - 08/29/17 06:02 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Connoisseur said:
well we knew it fell, i believe the question was wether it made a sound or not

:wink:

If the tree.
IF.

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

#24587100 - 08/29/17 06:31 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mahaloalohanuiloa said:
That's assuming this isn't man-made / weather control / manipulation. It's also assuming that global warming is man-made; and it's also assuming that the use of oil is responsible for it...

There have been reports that what is actually happening is that massive amounts of ice is melting in some areas whereas it is growing exponentially in others. Where some places on the earth are getting drier and or hotter and others are getting colder and or wetter.

I would venture to say that what appears to be happening in regards to global climate is that the extremes are becoming more and more polarized; which seems to be the case with politics, culture, etc. It's very reminiscent to that psychedelic synchronicity I'm sure many of us have experienced.

From NASA:

" Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position.

The heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases was demonstrated in the mid-19th century.2 Their ability to affect the transfer of infrared energy through the atmosphere is the scientific basis of many instruments flown by NASA. There is no question that increased levels of greenhouse gases must cause the Earth to warm in response.

The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.5 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with 16 of the 17 warmest years on record occurring since 2001. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months.

Global sea level rose about 8 inches in the last century. The rate in the last two decades, however, is nearly double that of the last century.

Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent.11,12 This increase is the result of humans emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and hence more being absorbed into the oceans. The amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by the upper layer of the oceans is increasing by about 2 billion tons per year"

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Edited by endogenous (08/29/17 06:54 AM)

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

#24587126 - 08/29/17 07:03 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

The source, as I stated, was NASA - the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (of the U.S.).

Where are your statements coming from?

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

InvisibleDieCommie

#24587142 - 08/29/17 07:25 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

At least your honest...

Im gonna go with NASA.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: DieCommie]
    #24587150 - 08/29/17 07:43 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah NASA all the way. Not sure what scientists would have to gain by faking climate change data :lol:

Meanwhile greedy companies that don't want to spend money to meet stricter environmental regulations clearly have a lot more reason to try and cover up climate change.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: endogenous]
    #24587169 - 08/29/17 08:09 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Explain to me what part of global warming profits anyone though...

Doctors charge money for medication, and to see patients. Scientists can't just bill us for our environmental impact :lol:

Scientists do get paid off on things, usually by major companies trying to manipulate data. Here is an article about ExxonMobil trying to cover up climate change:

Did ExxonMobil Engage in a Climate Change Cover Up? Harvard Researchers Uncover A Shocking Discovery

Quote:

When it comes to climate change, ExxonMobil is among the topmost emitters of greenhouse gases globally. It was recently fingered as one of 100 companies worldwide who together contribute 71% of the gases causing global warming.

Quote:

Rather than come clean or diversify its holdings, these articles claim that the company chose to sow climate denial among the public instead. ExxonMobil of course denies this. Two Harvard researchers, Geoffrey Supran and Naomi Oreskes, decided to investigate. They got a hold of 187 company documents generated between 1977 and 2014.

These included peer reviewed and non-peer reviewed research papers on climate science, internal documents, and paid “advertorials,” in The New York Times, running between 1989 and 2004. Supran and Oreskes’ peer-reviewed analysis was published recently in the journal, Environmental Research Letters.

Here's the kicker: Harvard investigators found that the documents existed on a sort of spectrum. The more these papers were accessible they were to the public, the more doubt they raised about climate change. 81% of paid advertisements in The Times cast doubt on global warming, with only 12% admitting it was real.

Yet, “83% of peer-reviewed papers and 80% of internal documents acknowledge that climate change is real and human-caused,” study authors wrote. Researchers say that on the one hand, ExxonMobil contributed heavily to the advancement of climate science, “by way of its academic publications.” On the other hand, it instilled doubt through advertorials.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleDieCommie

#24587174 - 08/29/17 08:14 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mahaloalohanuiloa said:
Why though? Just cuz? Cuz everyone else says so?

A positive track record, open research findings that are substantiated by non-NASA scientists and indeed oil companies hiding the same findings as has been exposed.

Invisiblepineninja
Dream Weaver
 User Gallery

Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #24587177 - 08/29/17 08:17 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I don't want to go down a rabbit hole because I agree with you on the issue at hand........but.

A movement means winners and losers no matter the direction.

There's money to be made if there's money to be lost

--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #24587181 - 08/29/17 08:20 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mahaloalohanuiloa said:
Just like you could trust the MSM that Hillary Clinton had a 91% chance of winning the election.

Hey, it's not like they said she had a 100% chance of winning.

--------------------
BAN OP 2021

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #24587182 - 08/29/17 08:21 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

We can spend decades debating the social dynamics of climate research.
We could also invest our time in upgrading infrastructure to help us deal with the effects of extreme weather.

How big the problem is and will be and what exactly causes it, is one thing. It's another thing that we have reliable data proving that excess rainfall and flooding cause serious problems in some areas while severe droughts threaten other parts of the globe. If we want to survive as a society, we better face the facts as they present themselves and deal with them.

Invisiblekoraks
    #24587206 - 08/29/17 08:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mahaloalohanuiloa said:
I'm with you. It's just that I've heard some people say that burning fossil fuels as actually good for the environment as a whole because our we are actually losing our atmosphere and risk ending up like mars.

To be honest, that sounds fairly idiotic. The atmosphere of the earth is retained due to the gravity of our planet and the temperature of the atmosphere itself. Neither are changing on a scale that would result in a large portion of the atmosphere being flung out into space.

Quote:

That said I'm down with solar power, free power?

Nothing is 'free', but sustainable energy in general is a good idea in my mind. However, it's not going to change a tiny bit of any climate problem in the short term (i.e. next few decades), as we're mostly facing the climatic effects of greenhouse gas exhausts from the past 2 centuries. Massive adoption of sustainable energy is going to put a stop to part of the probable causes, but the effects are delayed in any case, so we'll have to face a worsening of the situation over the following decades (and possibly centuries) even if we make drastic changes to society today. Hence I think it makes more sense to work on protecting ourselves from extreme weather conditions than to try and prevent something that is already inevitable. That ship has already sailed somewhere between 1900 and 1950, when we were blissfully unaware of the problem.

Much of the focus that is currently on energy projects and climate research should in fact be on water management in all of its forms. That'll prove to be far more productive than slating the planet with solar panels.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: koraks] * 3
    #24587225 - 08/29/17 09:09 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
The atmosphere of the earth is retained due to the gravity of our planet and the temperature of the atmosphere itself.

IIRC the earth's magnetic field has a lot to do with it too.

--------------------
BAN OP 2021

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: psi]
    #24587247 - 08/29/17 09:26 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

:whathesaid:

Mar's lack of a magnetic field (or really weak one? Cant remember but I think it didn't have one) is what let the sun slowly strip away it's atmosphere.

Edit: it has one, its just really weak and it being weak let it's atmosphere get stripped from it

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Strange Coincidence? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #24587253 - 08/29/17 09:30 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, absolutely true about the magnetic field; I stand corrected!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Portable Greenhouse, Scales, Tacos

Community >> The Pub