Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenightmayor
Stranger
Confirming Identity
    #24585626 - 08/28/17 02:49 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Have been studying the art of mycology as a hobby for quite some time as the topic just fascinates me.

I was at work today doing some landscaping and saw these, After I double take I got to thinking and thought that they were what I have been studying more in depth, Golden Teachers.

I plucked them earlier today, right after lunch and wanted to confirm they are in fact Cubes.

here are the links to the fruits.
http://imgur.com/1eGDd8J
http://imgur.com/4gLGEqw
http://imgur.com/rIVfoJA
http://imgur.com/OZDvO3U
http://imgur.com/3KRXW1r
http://imgur.com/X5cirsz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCarmodycaramel
Карамелизированный
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Confirming Identity [Re: nightmayor]
    #24585636 - 08/28/17 02:52 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nightmayor said:
thought that they were what I have been studying more in depth, Golden Teachers.

Definitely Psilocybe Cubensis. Although, the variation is unknown as it is a wild fungi, and hasn't gone through DNA analysis. It's better to just say, a Cube is a Cube.

--------------------
First it was so quiet and now I know I'm not alone in here.

Offlinenightmayor
Stranger
Re: Confirming Identity [Re: Carmodycaramel]
    #24585649 - 08/28/17 02:58 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

It's better to just say, a Cube is a Cube.

Safe to enjoy?

OfflineCarmodycaramel
Карамелизированный
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #24585655 - 08/28/17 03:00 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nightmayor said:
Quote:

It's better to just say, a Cube is a Cube.

Safe to enjoy?

Certainly safe, and astoundingly enjoyable. Amazing find!

--------------------
First it was so quiet and now I know I'm not alone in here.

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Trusted Identifier
Re: Confirming Identity [Re: Carmodycaramel]
    #24585739 - 08/28/17 03:33 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm with Carmody on all points. :thumbup:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

InvisibleSWFL
Gettin' Better All The Time
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #24586678 - 08/28/17 10:13 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

P. cubensis is a species. "Golden Teachers" and other such nicknames are just that, nicknames. A sales pitch given to create a market for a cultivated 'strain'. Strains can be isolated through cultivation that will exhibit certain characteristics but when you find P. cubensis in the wild it is just that, P. cubensis.

Nice finds BTW. I assume they were found growing from cow dung or heavily cow dung fertilized earth?

--------------------
Listening to anything I say could be detrimental to your health-

Offlinenightmayor
Stranger
Re: Confirming Identity [Re: SWFL]
    #24587186 - 08/29/17 06:24 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SWFL said:

Nice finds BTW. I assume they were found growing from cow dung or heavily cow dung fertilized earth?

Not certain it is cow fertilizer earth, and no sign of cows anywhere around. It's bizarre they would pop up there. Checked this morning and more are popping up. Is there anyway I could transfer anything usefull to the lab??

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: SoundCloud Flag
    #24587360 - 08/29/17 08:37 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, take a spore print from one of the caps (look up how to do it, need to be as sanitary as possible) then start growing out mycelium on agar. You're pretty much going to have to teach yourself a lot of things about mushroom cultivation. Might take a few months. Or years.

--------------------

“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”

InvisibleSWFL
Gettin' Better All The Time
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Confirming Identity [Re: TempestDnB]
    #24589184 - 08/29/17 09:18 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TempestDnB said:
Yeah, take a spore print from one of the caps (look up how to do it, need to be as sanitary as possible) then start growing out mycelium on agar. You're pretty much going to have to teach yourself a lot of things about mushroom cultivation. Might take a few months. Or years.

From what Ive read, P. cubensis is very easy to cultivate. It definitely doesn't take years to do. Many people here have successfully cultivated them on their first attempt. You could probably go from a spore print to mature mushrooms in a matter of a couple of months. Take a spore print, read up and go to town and you can theoretically have a lifetime supply of mushrooms if you want.

--------------------
Listening to anything I say could be detrimental to your health-

OfflineTempestDnB
Lost but found.
I'm a teapot

Loc: SoundCloud Flag
Re: Confirming Identity [Re: SWFL]
    #24590047 - 08/30/17 04:53 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Sure, it's not hard, but you really have to wrap your head around what you're doing. So many different techniques. And with a wild print like that, it's going to take a bit of time to isolate clean mycelium from the contaminations that will surely be present. It doesn't take years to do a pf tek run, but it could take years to learn enough to confidently do big bulk grows with a good clean culture and not constantly refer to this website like a recipe book. Ya dig? It actually takes some practice to get good, just like anything else.

Didn't mean to go off on a rant like that, I'm tired. What I mean though is that it's not going to be easy for a noob to do a clean grow with a dirty print.

Edited by TempestDnB (08/30/17 04:58 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck