Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: qman]
    #24590842 - 08/30/17 01:41 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

So maybe the next time you cash your check you should curse out the bastards in Congress who maintain our poor trade agreements and open border policy, instead of good citizen qman. :cookiemonster:

Also, don't forget to curse out the liberals who favor our "free trade" and helping "illegals", they're just as bad or worse than "conservatives" on the issues.

I'm going to blame the people who hire them  and sign their checks .
    All you have to do is convince farmers to stop hiring them and they will all deport themselves .
I saw allot of pro trump signs during the election here in cali , they were almost all in the valley on farmland .
  Wealthy Trump voters giving them jobs is the main reason we have so many in California .

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: Psilynut2]
    #24590858 - 08/30/17 01:48 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:
Quote:

So maybe the next time you cash your check you should curse out the bastards in Congress who maintain our poor trade agreements and open border policy, instead of good citizen qman. :cookiemonster:

Also, don't forget to curse out the liberals who favor our "free trade" and helping "illegals", they're just as bad or worse than "conservatives" on the issues.

I'm going to blame the people who hire them  and sign their checks .
    All you have to do is convince farmers to stop hiring them and they will all deport themselves .
I saw allot of pro trump signs during the election here in cali , they were almost all in the valley on farmland .
  Wealthy Trump voters giving them jobs is the main reason we have so many in California .

"convince farmers to stop hiring them"

I'll go one stop further, fine them or charge them criminally.  Ask yourself why people in power refuse to allow the justice system to enforce the laws already on the books.

"Wealthy Trump voter giving them jobs"

Same with the wealthy D voters as well. Money talks and bullshit walks.

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: qman]
    #24590861 - 08/30/17 01:50 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

There aren't really any wealthy liberal farm owners dude ,  wealthy liberals live by me in the bay area . They aren't getting jobs at apple or google ...

--------------------

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: qman] * 2
    #24591090 - 08/30/17 03:26 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Citizen X said:
Poor excuse, we have lots of natural resources too

We also have 10 times the population, we also have been flooded with illegal workers and we also have more than double the debt/GDP.

A minimum wage is only as good as the economic strength of the economy, if a higher minimum wage was the path to economic prosperity all of the shitholes of the world would have signed up for it centuries ago, why didn't they do it?

So is your position that the wealthiest nation on earth simply cannot afford to pay it's lowest paid workers the same as in Australia?

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #24591109 - 08/30/17 03:34 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Citizen X said:
Poor excuse, we have lots of natural resources too

We also have 10 times the population, we also have been flooded with illegal workers and we also have more than double the debt/GDP.

A minimum wage is only as good as the economic strength of the economy, if a higher minimum wage was the path to economic prosperity all of the shitholes of the world would have signed up for it centuries ago, why didn't they do it?

So is your position that the wealthiest nation on earth simply cannot afford to pay it's lowest paid workers the same as in Australia?

Hmm, who pays wages?  Not countries, it's business owners, are US business owners the wealthiest on earth? No.

http://statisticstimes.com/economy/countries-by-projected-gdp-capita.php

Just because the US and Australia have a similar GDP per capita, it hardly means we are in a similar situation. Much of our GDP is from global corporations based in the US and our wealth is much more concentrated in the top 1%, that makes a huge difference.

Male User Gallery

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: qman] * 2
    #24591115 - 08/30/17 03:36 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like some redistribution is in order

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #24591131 - 08/30/17 03:46 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ballsalsa said:

Well the redistribution has already occurred as the top 1/1000th of 1% are leaving the rest in the dust.

If a good redistribution of wealth is accomplished, THEN we could hike the minimum wage higher without it devastating businesses that are struggling to survive in the current economic environment.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #24591154 - 08/30/17 03:57 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

"Redistribution" as in grab what someone else has that you don't have? If they don't want to let you take it then use the force of government, is that the plan? Seems to be the usual plan in some form or another I hear on these boards all the time.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleCyrus19
Represents Enlil's Hope

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #24591157 - 08/30/17 03:59 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
"Redistribution" as in grab what someone else has that you don't have? If they don't want to let you take it then use the force of government, is that the plan? Seems to be the usual plan in some form or another I hear on these boards all the time.

Stonehenge why do you want to live in a third world country with a vast underclass and a few wealthy elites?

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #24591203 - 08/30/17 04:37 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

I'm a capitalist at heart, but if I fail to acknowledge some of the problems with the current "capitalist" system, I'm not being intellectually honest about the situation.

Having the largest wealth and income inequality in over 80 years is very problematic for almost everyone involved, it's leading to a social and economic breakout of our country and also in other parts of the world.

How we best go about having a more even distribution doesn't have to mean grabbing someone's assets, but let's not forget that the 1/1000th of 1% got richer with 0% interest rates for a decade wasn't just by pure chance, that is legal theft.

The bailout out of the banking system was also legal theft, the list could go on and on.

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: qman] * 3
    #24591219 - 08/30/17 04:44 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

So then why vote for a member of the 1% to lead our country ?
Isn't that kinda like asking a wolf to guard your sheep ?

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: qman] * 1
    #24591282 - 08/30/17 05:25 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:

Well the redistribution has already occurred as the top 1/1000th of 1% are leaving the rest in the dust.

If a good redistribution of wealth is accomplished, THEN we could hike the minimum wage higher without it devastating businesses that are struggling to survive in the current economic environment.

Raise wages and let the market decide who stays and who goes business wise. Fuck a business struggling, I'm struggling, 2 wrongs don't make it right.

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: Psilynut2]
    #24591329 - 08/30/17 05:53 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psilynut2 said:

Would you feel better with Obama or Clinton?  Who created the largest gap in inequality?  Yeah, that would be the man for the people- Obama. Who put Obama into office in 2008?  The boys on Wall Street.

Who was pushing for more trade agreements?  Obama. Who has called out the shitty trade agreements?  Trump.

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: Citizen X]
    #24591337 - 08/30/17 05:58 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

ballsalsa said:

Raise wages and let the market decide who stays and who goes business wise. Fuck a business struggling, I'm struggling, 2 wrongs don't make it right.

Struggling businesses let go of employees or go out of business entirely, get careful what you wish for.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24591386 - 08/30/17 06:30 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

>How we best go about having a more even distribution doesn't have to mean grabbing someone's assets

That is the only way to "redistribute" wealth as I keep hearing it called for by the usual suspects. Money or wealth is not distributed in the first place, its earned. You want to go back and take from the richest or what is your plan? I know what the rest of them want, xmas every day.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Male User Gallery

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: qman] * 1
    #24591395 - 08/30/17 06:33 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Psilynut2 said:

Would you feel better with Obama or Clinton?  Who created the largest gap in inequality?  Yeah, that would be the man for the people- Obama. Who put Obama into office in 2008?  The boys on Wall Street.

Who was pushing for more trade agreements?  Obama. Who has called out the shitty trade agreements?  Trump.

Bernie.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Re: Republican Governor vetoes wage increase. Voting against your interests? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24591398 - 08/30/17 06:34 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
>How we best go about having a more even distribution doesn't have to mean grabbing someone's assets

That is the only way to "redistribute" wealth as I keep hearing it called for by the usual suspects. Money or wealth is not distributed in the first place, its earned. You want to go back and take from the richest or what is your plan? I know what the rest of them want, xmas every day.

this is why people can't take you seriously.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
    #24591401 - 08/30/17 06:36 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

If the free market can choose my fate, why can't it choose theirs? Fuck that

:kthxbye:  :admin:  :jonespalm:  :mydesk:  :peterkillself:  :blowmybrainsout:  :drunkdriver:  :igotnothing:  :poststress:  :meltdown:

That's where I'm at

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24591638 - 08/30/17 08:10 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

"Money or wealth is not distributed in the first place, its earned"

In a perfect world this would be the case, but using the Fed to print up money to bid up asset prices for the very wealthy isn't earning wealth.

Having the government bailing out private companies with taxpayer money for the very wealthy isn't earning wealth.

"go back and take from the richest"

If the "richest" bribe the Fed and Congress to take from everyone else, how many options are available?

At the end of the day capitalism is based on access to capital, once that capital is isolated to just the very few, the nature of the game is essentially over.

I say let the rich get another round of tax cuts to show the nation exactly what they're going to do with it, exactly nothing but hoard it.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24591671 - 08/30/17 08:24 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

OK sure, if some company cheated the govt or was caught bribing they should repay. The trouble is the bribes are done in a way that makes it hard to go after them. Obummer is now on the speaking circuit picking up huge paydays from companies he did favors for. Is that bribery? Can anyone prove it?

The bail out money was repaid or the bank went insolvent, qe money is what keeps the whole charade going. Its used to buy treasuries. Who are the criminals, the pols who rob each of us when they use the credit card?

I wasn't arguing against you, qman so much as against the santa mentality that has infected many posters. They think making companies pay higher wages has no consequences. We have talked about a few things that happen such as jobs going away. Another side effect is the small businessman cant handle the increase and doesn't have the clout to raise his prices against the big companies so he/she goes out of business. As more companies leave or close in the city, the few that are left can charge what they wish. Who is it that comes out ahead? Less jobs but the ones that remain pay more.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom