Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVariegated
Pressure cooker operator
Male User Gallery

Pc / stove issue
    #24583937 - 08/27/17 09:54 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Got a pc and in the book it says do not use with glass top stove..soo i have had to pc other places. Has anyone used a pc with this type stove? Was thinking of getting a propane turkey fryer to do my pc work in the garage. Anyone used one of these?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMr. Sumshoo
Stranger
Re: Pc / stove issue [Re: Variegated]
    #24584087 - 08/27/17 10:57 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I've used a turkey fryer, but not with a pc. You can get a electric hot plate for about $15. The reason they advise against is there is a chance of a suction effect and you could break the surface trying to move it. Also a loaded pc can get pretty heavy and possibly crack the surface. And the flat surface stoves switch the element on and off, and some say you can't maintain pressure. I'm new to mycology, but have used pc's for years. I have a flat surface stove now. I currently have a 23 qt presto that I've had loaded with 7 jars and never had a issue. I've used a older 12 qt mirro, and a small cheap pc on it with no issues. I think it is more of a "we told you so" thing. I personally don't worry about it, but there are many different stoves and pc's out there, and it has happened to someone or there wouldn't be a warning. Not much help I suppose. Propane is expensive though. Multiple 90 minute runs could use quite a bit. If you don't use the stove I would get the cheap electric burner.

OfflineVariegated
Pressure cooker operator
Male User Gallery

Re: Pc / stove issue [Re: Mr. Sumshoo]
    #24584146 - 08/27/17 11:24 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Any quality hotplates you know will hold up? Dont care to spend the money just dont want it giving out after a few runs

OfflineMr. Sumshoo
Stranger
    #24584201 - 08/27/17 11:53 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

There is not much to them. Probably all made in the same place. Some are bigger than others. I would look for a bigger one, as most of the pc's are pretty big. Seems like all the Sear's are going under. I saw one for like $10 not long ago. If you haven't used that pc you could return it and get one that is rated for flat surface use. I did the same thing, had  one in my cart until I saw the no glass thing, put it back and went and got the presto. I like it, and have heard a lot of good about them on here.

OfflineMr. Sumshoo
Stranger
    #24584217 - 08/27/17 11:59 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I almost bought this

But ended up with this

After I had already used it a few times, I kept reading about how much other members liked them. So I'm glad I did go with it.

OfflineVariegated
Pressure cooker operator
Male User Gallery

#24584219 - 08/28/17 12:03 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Wish i would have read a little more on here would have got the presto myself. The one i have is a tfal and ive used it a few times already. It does fine on a coil burner stove and on a gas grill burner. Not really wanting to get another pc just yet so will try to find a decent burner until then. Will check sears tomm.

OfflineMr. Sumshoo
Stranger
    #24584238 - 08/28/17 12:16 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I've used all three of these, and a really old all american that was given to me, and never worried about the stove top though. Just keep an eye on it if you try it.good luck.

OfflineVariegated
Pressure cooker operator
Male User Gallery

#24584266 - 08/28/17 12:49 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Mine has the curved bottom not sure how it could get stuck but there is alway the chance might give it onw run and see how it goes

OfflineMr. Sumshoo
Stranger
    #24584293 - 08/28/17 01:19 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Mine are all flat. The concave ones are the ones that make a vacuum. One other option would be a stove top griddle. Flat on the side that goes on the stove, and a grid that makes contact with the pot so it won't stick. Or just get the burner and be done with it. And you don't have to hear it or smell up the house if it's in the garage.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started