Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJenjens
Stranger
Female
Wet cough from the vape?
    #24583846 - 08/27/17 08:58 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I quit cigarettes in February and switched to vaping. I noticed about a week ago I have a broken up wet cough which is pretty bad in the morning and I can barely get my nicotine fix in the morning because vaping makes it worse.

Has anyone had this too?

It is not a cold. I haven't been sick of had a cold in about 20 years.

I also have a friend who was vaping and his dr. told him to stop because he had a lot of water in his lungs. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Edited by Jenjens (08/27/17 09:00 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: Jenjens] * 1
    #24583879 - 08/27/17 09:15 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Have you considered just not smoking or vaping? :awesomenod:
It's likely true, that due to the speed at which vaping hit the market that we won't know exactly how it's affecting peoples health until years down the road.

At which point you'll begin seeing commercials from attorneys asking "did you use this vaporizer/juice between the years 2012-2017? If so, call us, we will sue the company for you because you probably have serious health conditions due to the use of this vaporizer." :lol:

I can't give advice about your specific situation though, I never used vapes. :shrug:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Invisiblechicksgrowtoo
 User Gallery
Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: Jenjens] * 1
    #24583896 - 08/27/17 09:25 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Go to the doctor man. I've found that the worst people to go to about vaping and health concerns are vapers. They defend it with their life and claim it's ok, usually because they don't want to admit it's bad for you, that justifies their habit.

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: chicksgrowtoo]
    #24583901 - 08/27/17 09:28 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I eventually developed the same thing from vaping. I had thought it was from smoking pot but it wasn't. once I quit vaping it went away.

I think it might have been from the specific tank/vape I was using, but it is hard to be sure.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: morrowasted]
    #24583908 - 08/27/17 09:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Haven't had any kind of problems like that I've been vaping for years. I produce some pretty serious clouds (not for show, I need that choking lung feel to simulate cigs) and have no issues. My only problem with vaping is the dehydration but I drink a lot to counteract it. My lungs are way healthier than they used to be.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #24584026 - 08/27/17 10:31 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Popcorn lung or bronchitis has been reportedly caused by vaping. It may be from specific flavorings or something though.

Also I have read sketchy stuff about propylene glycol. Not sure how true it all is but personally I wouldn't trust vaping it especially with all the random flavorings :eek:

I have also witnessed vapers coughing like crazy, who would then go on about how great it is compared to smoking :lol:

I use a tabletop dry herb vape and the worst it does is dry my throat a bit from the hot air and make me cough if I really vape a ton, but it's much better then toking.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: musiclover420]
    #24584031 - 08/27/17 10:33 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I quit tobacco from a pinched lung smoking two packs a day like joints.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: musiclover420]
    #24584046 - 08/27/17 10:37 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

It's true we can't know how all these things combined will effect the body but most of it has been well studied seperately. Popcorn lung for example really only effects people in the factories or whatever making the stuff where they're getting concentrations that even a thousand vapers wouldn't come close to. I barely use any Acetyl Pyrazine in my stuff, like 1 drop for 30ml.. PG has been used for a long time in hospital breathing treatments to dry out the lungs and help people breathe better.. My grandma actually got a lot of those because she had COPD.

If you're buying china shit or whatever, you might wanna reconsider, the tobacco backed shit and blu, you might also consider trash... But if you know what you're doing and you're doing all your own shit (which I do, from making my own juice to my own coils and shit) it's more or less safe IMO.

Fuck just recently the FDA completely reversed it's stance on Ecigs.. They were trying to push them out originally.. Now they're basically encouraging people to switch to them and get off cigs.. I mean, just because the FDA says do it doesn't mean it's good or safe or whatever but it really does say something about the safety and impact on smoking vaping has had. The benefits are undeniable. If I find out later it's not as healthy as we believe it to be right now, I really don't care.. I fell way better than when I was smoking and I never would've been able to stop without the vape. I've tried to quit 20-30 times over decades.. It just didn't work. Only vaping has worked.

--------------------
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineRobZombie68
The Shaman's Apprentice
Male

Loc: Palookaville, US
Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: Jenjens]
    #24586064 - 08/28/17 07:58 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I started vaping weed wax recently.  Holy shit, after one hit I am coughing for 30 minutes, dry tickle in the lungs that just don't go away.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: RobZombie68]
    #24586073 - 08/28/17 08:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Lol I'm using the same thing.

--------------------

Invisiblechicksgrowtoo
 User Gallery
Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: RobZombie68]
    #24586074 - 08/28/17 08:02 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

I remember my first time with wax in a kiln...fell over to the floor and gasped for air like a little bitch :lol:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Unvaccinated

#24586171 - 08/28/17 08:47 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Does it make your chest burn? If so you are probably allergic to the PG in the juice. I am allergic to it and have to have mainly VG juice.

--------------------
Higher than hell and low as heaven will go....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Invisiblechicksgrowtoo
 User Gallery
Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #24586222 - 08/28/17 09:04 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

No, no I just wasn't expecting what I got and took too big of a hit...I had also just moved to CO from a humid place and wasn't used to the dry air.

OfflineJenjens
Stranger
Female
    #24591600 - 08/30/17 09:52 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for all the replies. The juice I use is all natural ingredients, so I cannot be experiencing issues with the ingredients. I know the pg is still questionable. Popcorn lung was from an ingredient that is no longer in the juice.

On another note, those talking about marijuanna vaping....My husband wakes me up every morning coughing from it.

I would go to the doctor, but it is a long story dealing with another health concern that he said was caused by smoking of all kinds, so although I quit smokes, I told him I quit all around. Irresponsible, I know. But he wouldn't give it up. It will happen eventually.

Offlinerickpsfuckyou
listening to Mozzy
Male

Re: Wet cough from the vape? [Re: Jenjens]
    #24591608 - 08/30/17 09:55 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

i got that same symptom and it went away when i quit vaping. fuck vaping i'd rather just inhale smoke

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Community >> The Pub