Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 * 7
    #24581331 - 08/26/17 01:51 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Magic-mushrooms-could-be-legal-in-California-as-11973494.php

Quote:

A ballot measure could decriminalize psilocybin – known colloquially as "magic mushrooms" – in California as early as 2018.

Filed at the state Attorney General office on Friday, the initiative would exempt adults aged 21 and over from criminal penalties for using, possessing, selling, transporting and cultivating psilocybin.

Before California voters can vote on the measure, at least 365,880 signatures will be required to put it on the 2018 ballot.

Kevin Saunders, a mayoral candidate in Marina, Monterey County, submitted the measure. Psilocybin, Saunders told the LA Times, helped him quit heroin over a decade ago. He sees the initiative as a "natural progression" from the legalization of recreational marijuana use in November with the passage of Proposition 64.

"I think we're seeing something that could literally heal our brothers and sisters. We're talking about real cutting-edge stuff," he told the paper.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: chibiabos]
    #24581380 - 08/26/17 02:20 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

That would be awesome.

--------------------

OfflineMirlin
Mkultra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Dark_Star]
    #24581471 - 08/26/17 03:17 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Wishful thinking

Epa would never allow it due to the climate.

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Mirlin]
    #24581477 - 08/26/17 03:19 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Why not just make rec use legal? Instead they have to take it step by step and start with "decriminalization", which you can still get busted for.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Blabble40]
    #24581660 - 08/26/17 05:03 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

better and safer than traveling out of country

OfflineCrispykoot
Jello Wrangler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Konyap] * 2
    #24581746 - 08/26/17 05:44 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Needs to happen.

--------------------

:gd_icon: Shadowboxing the apocalypse and wandering the land :gd_icon:

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Crispykoot]
    #24581916 - 08/26/17 06:48 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

West coast just gets better and better.

How about all plants and fungi legal

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineWiiiiilson
Katso Grower
Male User Gallery

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Crispykoot]
    #24581918 - 08/26/17 06:49 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I think they would have a hard time getting that many signatures to be honest.

I was thinking about this before - weed met the critical mass of supporters recently and became decriminalized and legalized in many US states, but think about how many people you know who have tried weed? Pretty much everyone right?
Now how many have tried shrooms?
Among my (let's say Facebook) friends, probably around 1%.
Casual users (say, more than once a year)? Probably 1 or 2 of those friends.

I wonder then, where is the 'magic mushroom capital' of the world?
Where is it most commonly accepted and used? Where would it have the best chance, by popular acceptance, of getting legalized?

--------------------
Long time lurker and learner!

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Wiiiiilson]
    #24581921 - 08/26/17 06:51 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Well educating people helps.

Most people I know now, in my life, never tried cannabis.  Misinformation is wide spread.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineQT3BFLEE
ส้
Male

Loc: Murica Flag
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Wiiiiilson]
    #24581926 - 08/26/17 06:56 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Until you have federal drug scheduling reform, I find the concept of partial decriminalization worse than alternatives. Considering psilocybins medical potential, and lack of serious harm, wouldn't it be better to schedule it differently in California than to shoot just for decriminlization. Not everything needs to be recreational and I know of plenty 21+ "adults" that shouldn't even be messing around with cannabis...

Oversight and regulation. Not to mention that the spores are still explicitly outlawed in the Golden State. Not only would it produce demand, the supply chain would be a major trap. Then again, Monterey county is fairly democratically corrupt, I wouldn't put it out of thought that it's a well thought out scheme.

--------------------
My Public Key

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: QT3BFLEE]
    #24582151 - 08/26/17 09:07 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

They could get the sig s needed,I think its 700k needed for Cali,legal dispensary 21+ boomers would be awesome, kinda a pipe dream though

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24582574 - 08/27/17 02:51 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Wiiiiilson said:
I think they would have a hard time getting that many signatures to be honest.

I was thinking about this before - weed met the critical mass of supporters recently and became decriminalized and legalized in many US states, but think about how many people you know who have tried weed? Pretty much everyone right?
Now how many have tried shrooms?
Among my (let's say Facebook) friends, probably around 1%.
Casual users (say, more than once a year)? Probably 1 or 2 of those friends.

I wonder then, where is the 'magic mushroom capital' of the world?
Where is it most commonly accepted and used? Where would it have the best chance, by popular acceptance, of getting legalized?

The west coast is a pretty solid mushroom haven. We have a great edible and magic mushroom season as well as a lot of hippies that grow or gather and sell them.

I could see it getting enough signatures here in Oregon maybe, or Cali or Washington. But I am sure specific counties would fight it as they have with cannabis.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: musiclover420] * 4
    #24582774 - 08/27/17 08:25 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

This is just the beginning. Even if it doesn't happen now, it's a start & will happen. I remember when I used to scoff at the idea of pot being legalized before I was old & gray, and look at things now. The house of cards known as the war on drugs is crashing down. Won't happen overnight, but it's starting.

--------------------

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Loc: mass
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Dark_Star]
    #24583086 - 08/27/17 11:12 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I can't believe this is even being put forward.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: breeg89]
    #24583134 - 08/27/17 11:46 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms grow all over GGP. I'm sure the hippies know they aren't gonna kill anyone.

The one thing I've found weird about magic mushrooms is living in the mushroom capitol of the world and they're illegal. I do see, however, people on a daily basis who shouldn't be around these kinds of drugs.

I'm sure once California does it and it works, OR/WA would eventually follow suit.  I mean really, everyone out here growing up knew at least one guy who knew a guy and ate them. Lot of retired shroomers in their 30s here doing just fine.

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: Adden]
    #24583688 - 08/27/17 05:23 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm all for the decriminalization. No one's life should be fucked for hunting or growing.

I'm not sure if mushroom dispensaries would be a good thing though. I think more people might partake without the proper respect. Then again, full legalization might not dramatically increase the number of mushroom users.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: breeg89]
    #24583703 - 08/27/17 05:30 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

breeg89 said:
I'm all for the decriminalization. No one's life should be fucked for hunting or growing.

I'm not sure if mushroom dispensaries would be a good thing though. I think more people might partake without the proper respect. Then again, full legalization might not dramatically increase the number of mushroom users.

Well think of it this way. Right now with them illegal people have to use them on the down low.

So once they are decriminalized it could lead to more open mushroom use. Like guided ceremonies and more research.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

Invisiblebreeg89
i'll tell ya hwhat

Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: musiclover420]
    #24583715 - 08/27/17 05:40 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

^ Yeah, I think that's a great idea. I just don't know about any joe taking a walk down to the corner store and buying them.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#24583727 - 08/27/17 05:47 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

breeg89 said:
^ Yeah, I think that's a great idea. I just don't know about any joe taking a walk down to the corner store and buying them.

Well part of their limited use no doubt stems from them being so illegal for so long as well as the countless propaganda and misinformation spewn from the media.

So if they were legal I imagine as more studies came out more and more people would be interested in trying them.

Also they would be less sketchy to share if they were legal. As it is now you can't just walk up to a stranger and tell them how magical mushrooms are :lol: Well you can but it probably wouldn't go over to well. But once they are legal I imagine they will be way more commonly shared, almost like cannabis is now but to a lesser extent.

I doubt they will end up in stores here any time soon though. But look at Amsterdam, they had and still do have a lot of mushroom tourism I imagine.

Now it's just truffles but back in the day growing and selling magic mushrooms was a huge business. There is a documentary on 2 guys who started a magic mushroom business, right as they were taking off they made mushrooms illegal. So instead of taking it as a loss they switched to truffles and probably made a fortune :awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: With new measure, 'magic mushrooms' could be decriminalized in California as early as 2018 [Re: musiclover420]
    #24584460 - 08/28/17 01:21 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

magic mushrooms were sold in vending machines up until 2001 in japan
they also probably even sold 'beer'

so no, if someone calls your a weirdo you can call them a pig headed racist

they were legal all over europe until some stupid french woman on mushrooms jumped off a bridge

Edited by Konyap (08/28/17 01:27 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds