Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblkeyed
Stranger
popcorn tek! ect.
    #6335520 - 12/05/06 07:02 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

whats up!, im new here, and ill probably be posting alot latly and such, and wanted to ask a few questions that i cant seem to figure out, im a noob!, but i understand all the the basics of tek and all that, so..

ive been looking around, all over my city, went to 4 differnt stores, with gardening centers (walmart, lowe's, griggs, home depot" and none of them carry vermiculite, just per light, wish i already have enough of.

so i was thinking about just using the popcorn tek method, with seems pretty easy, easy as growing cakes it seems, it looks like i might have to use popcorn.

but theres no guides or anything on what to do with the popcorn after it has colinized, do you birth them like cakes?, but them in pan type things with gardening dirt ect? can somebody explain this or link me to this? both about the cakes (if there is any for pop corn) or how to use get them to grow after colinizing??

and.. if i do end up using vermiculite, how do you get them to grow musrooms in dirt? ive seen pictures of them in cooking type pans, with tons growing out everywich way, with little cake stuff and alot of dirt, how do you do that??? is that what you do with the popcorn? and how?

thanks, you guys fuckin rock.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycJars
New here, not tothe hobby.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ivory Coast
Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: blkeyed]
    #6335540 - 12/05/06 07:18 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

with popcorn u case...theres a bunch of casing teks in the cultivation section if u need directions.

just prepare the popcorn to the tek...then case and fruit like u would any other substrate...otherwise u can use the popcorn to spawn...but whatever u want.

-MYCOLOGIST

--------------------
ITSGOODFELLAZ.COM

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: MycJars]
    #6335842 - 12/05/06 09:43 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You can get by with wbs or popcorn not using verm.. get miracle grow moisture control potting soil for a casing layer!!

May even be better than 50/50 and no mixing..

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

OfflineJorsher
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: Grogan]
    #6335866 - 12/05/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Check for a landscaping or nursery place, or an agriculture supply store. Those places should all have vermiculite. Or you can do like the other guy said and use miracle grow moisture control.

I've heard mixed reviews on popcorn, but haven't ever tried it so won't say anything about it. The most popular grains are wbs and rye berries.

Welcome!

--------------------
5 shroom me!

OfflineJorsher
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: Grogan]
    #6335867 - 12/05/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Check for a landscaping or nursery place, or an agriculture supply store. Those places should all have vermiculite. Or you can do like the other guy said and use miracle grow moisture control.

I've heard mixed reviews on popcorn, but haven't ever tried it so won't say anything about it. The most popular grains are wbs and rye berries.

Welcome!

--------------------
5 shroom me!

OfflineFungi1991
THE Stranger
Male

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: blkeyed]
    #24575390 - 08/23/17 11:04 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Im gonna be using coco coir.

--------------------
How would you write the sound of a raspberry? (sticking your tongue out and blowing) THHUURRPP? or PPFFTT? or possibly JfHhFdTvS.:crazy2:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: Fungi1991]
    #24575604 - 08/24/17 01:47 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Old post dude check out the date :lol:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24575745 - 08/24/17 04:46 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I had decent noob results with popcorn, but even better results with the SGFC .The popcorn TEK I used was a very decreet, easy and simple set-up.

Prepared the popcorn.
Injects MS.
Lost like 20% jars.
When the popcorn was finished I let it sit for a couple of days. I think I shook and let it recover 3 times.
Put the colonized popcorn in $.99 Ramen Noodle P5 trays naked.
Cased with either Jiffy seed starter or Miracle-Grow potting mix. I want to say it was Miracle-Grow
Once the casing layer was almost fully colonized. I can't remember whether I let it go 80% or 100%
Uncovered and kept it misted , about 4 times a day. I did not let water settle.
Soon after I had little trays full of Mushrooms.
I did not use a chamber at all. If I can find the pictures I send them to you .

OfflineFungi1991
THE Stranger
Male

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24580133 - 08/25/17 11:42 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

lol maybe continued, and thatd be great thats a crazy ghetto tek bro you should redo and document it

--------------------
How would you write the sound of a raspberry? (sticking your tongue out and blowing) THHUURRPP? or PPFFTT? or possibly JfHhFdTvS.:crazy2:

Edited by Fungi1991 (08/26/17 12:03 AM)

InvisibleEnigma1
Positive
Male User Gallery

Re: popcorn tek! ect. [Re: Fungi1991]
    #24583042 - 08/27/17 10:48 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fungi1991 said:
lol maybe continued, and thatd be great thats a crazy ghetto tek bro you should redo and document it

I try to Redo it with truffles in about 3 months . I'll have at least one tray in a mini shotgun.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder