Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTorleif
Stranger
Rye too wet?
    #24578194 - 08/25/17 05:05 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hello dear people!
I have been on this message board quite a few years ago, while I was still growing shrooms, and then I moved to another place, so I stopped..Anyways, decided to start the hobby again, and I am so excited to see them growing again:)
I remembered some steps, and some needed to be learned again.
I used the RR method of preparing the rye, rinsed, soaked for about 12 h, and then brought to a full boil and not even to 10 minutes, but 3 or 4.
Cooled it off, and put into jars. Looked perfect. Now, yesterday I sterilised the jars and the condensation happened, but if I remember correctly, this looks a bit too wet.
Should I do it all again? I mean it is not that wet, but when I shake some grains do get stuck on the glass edges. Here are some photos to look at. I wond be doing grain to grain transfer until I am sure it is good.

https://ibb.co/nd1JnQ
https://ibb.co/cpaYMk
https://ibb.co/hxKhE5

Looking forward to hear your opinion.
Cheers

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation