Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Crystal G]
    #24571694 - 08/22/17 12:12 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
How is this any different from a twitter or whatever shutting down ISIS pages?

I cant claim free speech if the Shroomery bans me for saying racist stuff. It's the same thing.

You have the freedom to have your own opinions and beliefs and say so. Tho when you start to put them out there on a public place that might not condone or want to be associated they have a right not to have it on their website or whatever. There comes a line where you have to respect the opinions of others in that sense but also know when and when not to make racist remarks or whatever.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24571749 - 08/22/17 12:28 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
I don't know if this has already been mentioned ITT, but the way I heard it, CloudFlare dumped the Daily Stormer when DS started implying that CloudFlare agrees with and supports their neo-nazi agenda.  They obviously would want to distance themselves from that. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2017/08/16/cloudflare_ceo_daily_stormer/

That's definitely interesting if it's true but I'm skeptical of that honestly. I can't really imagine a context in which that would be said and there was no source to his claim in the article so who knows :shrug:. Besides even if they did make that claim who really cares? The only people who would see it are the racist dudes who used the website. I, like most of you I'm sure, didn't even know the site existed until today.

The CEO made a few other comments seemingly regretful of his decision so I wouldn't be surprised if that was him trying to make himself look better. We will probably never know at this point. Hopefully the fact he seems to have recognized his mistake will prevent this from happening in the future, but I'm not going to count on it.

--------------------

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: SonicTitan] * 1
    #24571751 - 08/22/17 12:29 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Nazis and WS organizations are terrorists, we should have cracked down on them decades ago.
Same for gangbangers, we have areas in cities where honest citizens cannot even pass through.

For non-terrorists and pedophiles, I do believe net neutrality should be gov mandated.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: SonicTitan] * 1
    #24571756 - 08/22/17 12:32 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

It's very different being part of and promoting a terrorist organization and believing people must die for going against your beliefs and being more than willing to torture someone and kill someone, yourself even, to see that belief carried out... And promoting general Muslim extremism like women can't show skin and Allah is the true God and homosexuality is a sin.

I dunno what this dude said or what he is in prison for. But believing Jews should keep their nose out of your (our) business is very different from believing Jews should die. That's the easiest way to make my stance known without digging into this fuckheaded nonsense I won't be better off with reading.

And in reference on the last page, it's different to say I support drugs than it is to show yourself doing illegal drugs.

Free speech does have a line. The confusion on where the line is. I think it was once quite clear before we started worrying about everything all the time.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24571779 - 08/22/17 12:40 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:

Free speech does have a line. The confusion on where the line is. I think it was once quite clear before we started worrying about everything all the time.

The problem is people keep letting their emotions get involved. Whether it's fear or hate it always leads to people willingly letting freedoms or rights get trampled. The same thing happened with the surveillance state. The initial justification was "OMG TERRORISTS" now we just have to live with it because it's far to late to go back.

--------------------

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Dr.Satan]
    #24571819 - 08/22/17 01:04 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

So what, you're a Nazi and Terrorist apologist?

A line has to be drawn somewhere, better to fuck it up and go too far than to sit back and take it up the ass like Europe.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24571824 - 08/22/17 01:06 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
I think that is reflective of the primary issue. There's not enough mixing in some areas. As a kid if you grow up with other kids of different races you don't really notice a difference, it's no different than having dark or blonde hair.

Alot of people think it's passed down from the parents. And often enough it is. But it's usually more a problem of a lack of exposure. It's far easier to judge someone based on some prejudice if you hadn't really gotten to know them.

My high school was a strange melting pot. Of course, being a high school, things were cliqued out. There was never a problem with racism or perceived racism before Obama got elected. There was so many fights before winter break.

Politics divide people farther but they tend to already be divided. It's just more peacefully and subtly divided.
I was legitimately scared to admit I didn't vote for Obama. That I didn't vote for anyone. I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever all these kids voted a man the leader of our country just because he was a different skin color. To set a precedent.

Precedents are cool and everything but their impact and meaning is substantially lowered if it was made to be little but that.

Afaik Trump is another precedent.
All our change is superficial.

And it has become more and more so because I don't think anyone from my generation or my parents have ever experienced true political change.

I've gone astray. Point is me and most of my melting pot of classmates grew up with eachother. Poor, rich, rednecks, wangsters, white, black, Asian, Hispanic... And in all those years together it was never an issue until the political hype. It was never an issue until someone tried to make it an issue. Which, imo, is what the media thrives on now. Making shit that isn't a problem into a problem. And making people feel like they need to establish an "us against them" mentality.

It's cuz most of us lack stimulation and meaningful purpose.

I went to the most diverse school in the nation. Alaska is a huge melting pot. I agree with the last part of your statement. None of us cared. It wasn't an issue until we were told it was. So we were all comedians. And casual racism and prejudices were funny. Why my asian friends couldn't stop saying herro prease.

All though they speak perfect english. It always made me laugh though. Whatsup man what you doing. Wanna get baked after class. :lol:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #24571834 - 08/22/17 01:14 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just like I love the word nigga. It rolls off the tongue and i've been told travelling that I can't just say that. I mean no offense over it. It's just a normal thing to me. I had to adjust the way I talk when I moved. None of us cared. All of my friends were people of color. That was just normal.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlinetrollbutter
Neet
Male

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Enjoywho] * 2
    #24571835 - 08/22/17 01:14 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

first they came for the Nazis..  but I was not a Nazi so I did not speak out.

--------------------

InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Repertoire89]
    #24571837 - 08/22/17 01:15 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
So what, you're a Nazi and Terrorist apologist?

A line has to be drawn somewhere, better to fuck it up and go too far than to sit back and take it up the ass like Europe.

The line should be drawn exactly where it is already drawn when it comes to free speech. Drawing the line too far leads to the shit holes that these terrorists and nazis actually want. Silencing people for unsavory opinions or vile comments is exactly what extremists want to do. I can't seem to understand the logic people are using with this censorship. Everyone's for freedom of speech until somebody says something they don't like :lol:

--------------------

Offlinetrollbutter
Neet
Male

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #24571848 - 08/22/17 01:22 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

hmm..

but blacks only use that word to keep holding a grudge after hundreds of years.  they definetly mean offense by using it.

they should just grow up, and join the real world...  instead of festering over things that are long over. they act like little babies.

Quote:

Enjoywho said:
Just like I love the word nigga. It rolls off the tongue and i've been told travelling that I can't just say that. I mean no offense over it. It's just a normal thing to me. I had to adjust the way I talk when I moved. None of us cared. All of my friends were people of color. That was just normal.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Dr.Satan]
    #24571854 - 08/22/17 01:26 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

There is a line. If you say something that offends the person that's where it is. Racism should be joked about. But you never want to hurt someone. Say it with intent to hurt them. Any word can be used like that. I've used slurs before when a white person was being a bitch ass nigger. I just apologized. I'm sorry man fuck. I don't mean any offense but you are being a douche right now.

--------------------

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

#24571855 - 08/22/17 01:26 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

They're terrorist organizations, its not a matter of free speech.

Speculate about the Holocaust and Zionism all you like, but put on a swatsika and start goose stepping, and the line has been crossed.

OfflineConnoisseur
Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: trollbutter]
    #24571857 - 08/22/17 01:27 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trollbutter said:
first they came for the Nazis..  but I was not a Nazi so I did not speak out.

i like your handle

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24571872 - 08/22/17 01:35 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Well what we've been doing so far has not worked.. I mean I'm against silencing people's opinion because it really is a slippery slope but at the same time... Well I dunno, maybe if we stop giving people like him a platform to spout their hate rhetoric from, we can start to actually change things. Anyone can have a website and say all kinds of crazy shit and have no effect at all on the world.... It's when they start reaching a wide audience that it really matters.

It's a conflicting situation and I'm honestly not really sure whether it's a good idea or not. I can see the pros and cons from both angles. Both have serious pros and cons.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #24571889 - 08/22/17 01:41 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I know a bunch of Niggers of all races. I don't think it specifically applies to black people. The way I define it is some ain't shit nigga's. They got a big mouth and they'll steal from you if you turn your back on them. That's what I think the word means.

We keep talking about it. Than they teach you History and it's human nature that we aren't supposed to like people of other colors. All though put a group of random colored kids together and we could care less. So then your black friend learns that at one point my culture enslaved his culture. Luckily we just chose to turn it into running jokes but they're is a possibility that won't happen.

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #24571895 - 08/22/17 01:44 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Hey I get to conduct an experiment and confirm a long term theory I've held.. :strokebeard:

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #24575721 - 08/24/17 04:05 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It's still stupid to compare our modern society to Nazi society.

|

It's obvious that I'm comparing neonazis with historic nazis.
Both are Nazis, and neonazis certainly are Nazis by their own definition.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Asante] * 2
    #24576300 - 08/24/17 11:03 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I thought the issue was not about this specific subject (Nazis) but about the power of a single person or corporation. Should a single entity have such power within huge aspect of Western society, and why should he (it) be able to determine wat is and isn't acceptable within that medium.

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: Neo Nazi has become the first to be erased from the internet. [Re: Tripsurfer]
    #24576317 - 08/24/17 11:11 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tripsurfer said:
I thought the issue was not about this specific subject (Nazis) but about the power of a single person or corporation. Should a single entity have such power within huge aspect of Western society, and why should he (it) be able to determine wat is and isn't acceptable within that medium.

"Should,"
probably not
but this is the difference
between the Is and the Ought

The internet is structured in such a way
that any number of individuals can make the decision to obstruct you from interacting with others online

There may be free access points to the internet available in modern society,
but make no mistake that businesses run the entire show

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale