Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleseti
n00b

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Addict]
    #2129883 - 11/23/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

>Excluding marijuana gota smoke mad buds always weed is the best!!!!!

LOL!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: seti]
    #2130894 - 11/23/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The most fun I've had tripping was on acid, with 5 (maybe 6?) other people, all completely out of our gourds.. it was great.
I had a much more intense experience recently by myself.. and for 3 hours, all I wanted was to hear a familiar voice, but unfortunately it was 3 AM and all my friends that were still awake, had left their cell phones in their cars. woo.. thanks guys..
it's a crazy experience. I had fun, I just got SO SO bored that it really almost ruined the trip for me.. I just can't stand sitting around staring at walls, music or no music, it's just boring.. and I can't stand being bored, apparently much much more when I'm tripping than sober.

I really enjoy large group (well, 5 to 10) tripping.. it's always been a fun time for me. always have been good friends of mine, tho.. with the exception of at bonnaroo, I don't like to be around strangers when I'm tripping.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #2130934 - 11/23/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

my firt trip was alone in my forest
i started screaming i ame an elf,and outher stuff
it was funny

--------------------

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: notapillow]
    #2131216 - 11/23/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Alone in the forest is the best IMO
But everybody I know trip with other people

OfflineMegaShadow
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Gus]
    #2131818 - 11/24/03 05:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've always tripped alone. I love it. I'm gonna start tripping with people though.

OfflineMojoRisin
journeyman
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: MegaShadow]
    #2133302 - 11/24/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

so far one trip with freinds- very fun and enjoyable; one trip alone- rollercoaster.

Offlineoptic1
Dr. Phil Atio
Male

Loc: WA
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Kemist]
    #24566616 - 08/20/17 03:54 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I love solo, friends are great too unless you get the one bonehead who doesn't handle it well and it's a panic attack. You can spend hours telling them their ok.

If Solo, Always remember to turn off the stove lol.

OfflineSardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
    #26489816 - 02/17/20 11:10 AM (4 years, 1 month ago)

I have not heard this option mentioned in this thread but have you considered starting with a low dose like one gram, then ramping up to two grams, then three?

It is what I did and have found it to be a reliable method of testing my reaction to mushrooms; specifically Golden Teachers.

I have eaten them alone only with a specific therapeutic intention in mind and if I started to see colors or patterns I squashed them by standing up and reminding myself what I came to do and they went away.

I don't have a lot of experience but I know the journey can go REALY, REALY, REALY bad, so that is why I started with small doses. If I do a higher dose I would do it with an experienced sitter though.

--------------------
Not all who wander are lost.

OfflineMiss-sheeva
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: QC
    #26919696 - 09/05/20 04:48 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

For recreational its much more enjoyable with some good friend, but for the spiritual or introspective way of shroom, i prefer to do it alone. I have alot of wonderfull tripp with friend but i think i prefer now to tripp alone. Its more usefull for me

--------------------
Follow the withe rabbit into the Hole...

Offlinedaemora
Rookie Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Hillys - System 4
    #26919762 - 09/05/20 05:25 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

First thing in the morning with a full nights rest prior. Meditation to center myself, set intentions, then I lie down with a sleep mask and ambient music. Then the journey to the center of the universe ensues. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Carlson and Peters!
First grow - PF Tek
Alacabenzi

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: daemora]
    #26920140 - 09/05/20 08:48 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I had some fun trips with friends in college and that kind of thing, but I'm old now and there's no way I'm gonna spend a trip dealing with another person. I tried a couple times with my wife and she didn't like it. Shrooms make her feel "sick" and she complains the whole time.

OfflineFrenchAlps
Hockey & Krautrock
Male

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Universe]
    #26920463 - 09/06/20 04:26 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I tripped with some friends in my younger days, about 15 years ago. I've been back to shrooms recently, I tripped on my own and felt much better that way.

I guess when I was younger it was all about exploring, having fun, whereas at another stage of my life I feel the need to work on myself as I have encountered many more difficulties. A low dose of shrooms for my comeback to psychedelics all alone was a very pleasant experience. I was a bit afraid to do it alone so if one wants to go for it, start with a small dose and see how you react and how it feels to be on your own in that situation. Prepare a nice setting, something well thought out and screaming safety (can't be 100% but not to be underestimated) in case things turn the wrong way ... and if it does, accept it for what it is, someting that had to happen, to be digested to feel better afterwards.

InvisibleLemonTekno
Stranger
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: FrenchAlps]
    #26920511 - 09/06/20 06:11 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

There's few people I'd trip with, so solo mostly for lack of opportunities.

OfflinePsycheDerek
MAXIMUM DEREK
I'm a teapot

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: LemonTekno]
    #26920665 - 09/06/20 08:21 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I sadly don't have the opportunity to trip with anyone but myself these days. On one hand I wish I had someone else to trip with, but on the other, the thought of an entire other person being there with me kinda weirds me out.

Offlinedaemora
Rookie Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Hillys - System 4
Re: Tripping alone! [Re: Universe]
    #26922502 - 09/07/20 06:45 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Universe said:
I had some fun trips with friends in college and that kind of thing, but I'm old now and there's no way I'm gonna spend a trip dealing with another person. I tried a couple times with my wife and she didn't like it. Shrooms make her feel "sick" and she complains the whole time.

I had the same adverse reaction. If you haven't already, try brewing powdered mushroom tea with a handful of fresh ginger slices and lemon juice, then strain off the solids (another cause of sickness) with a fine mesh metal strainer. Does absolute wonders for nausea / stomach aches.

--------------------
Carlson and Peters!
First grow - PF Tek
Alacabenzi

OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: Tripping alone! [Re: daemora]
    #26922561 - 09/07/20 07:46 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

daemora said:

I had the same adverse reaction. If you haven't already, try brewing powdered mushroom tea with a handful of fresh ginger slices and lemon juice, then strain off the solids (another cause of sickness) with a fine mesh metal strainer. Does absolute wonders for nausea / stomach aches.

Actually, the one problem she never has is with nausea. She's a big complainer and when she doesn't feel good she lets everyone know so they can feel sorry for her. When we trip, she spends the whole come up complaining about her runny nose and about how she feels like she has a cold. Then once it hits she complains about feeling paranoid. She gets obsessed with the things that go right past most of us on our way to psychedelic bliss. I'm trying to sit back and watch the wheels of the universe doing their thing, and she's bitching and moaning about trivial discomforts, and getting annoyed at me because I'm not showering her in enough sympathy. That's why I'll be tripping alone going forward. It's just not her thing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies