Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewds
another brick

Loc: Mother Earth
shrooms in texas yet?
    #2456377 - 03/21/04 04:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

anyone found any shrooms in texas yet? i looked about 1 week ago and found nothing.

--------------------
I wish psychedelic mushrooms were legal, because I would like to indulge in this amazing fruit of the earth. Unfortunately, I can only learn about this interesting hobby, and cultivate legal mushrooms.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Loc: seeking the truth
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: wds]
    #2465517 - 03/23/04 11:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have.............Ive found over 500,000 kilos of them already!
Peace,
PF~

P.S.-Im just fuckin with ya WDS,ya need to get out there and search for them dude,what if we didnt have the internet?How would you figure out how to find them then?Get out and look on your own,you'll learn much more by yourself than you ever will copying off someone else...
P.S.S.-Im not trying to be an asshole(nor am I flamming),I just want you to learn that its best to explore new space,and to get out and just be free!

Peace,

PF~

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Invisiblefearfect
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2466055 - 03/24/04 02:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

^^^ hmmm weird reply...

my friend told me the other day he saw some cubes and alot of another species growing in south houston

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: fearfect]
    #2467662 - 03/24/04 02:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2467675 - 03/24/04 03:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I was just saying get out and find out if they are growing yourself.............Did the Indians have computers where they could just sit on their asses and ask each other where/when/how to get the shrooms/peyote ?NO they did not...they got out and searched and thats all I am saying do,I swear it will pay off one day,trust me!

Peace,

PF~

--------------------
"Follow the medicine path with an open mind and a clear heart, and you will surely find inner peace and enlightenment."

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: wds]
    #2467806 - 03/24/04 04:03 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Im in central Arkansas and I had a friend go looking the other day and only found a couple of little ones.

Timing is CRITICAL when you go looking for shrooms. They could be "in season" but you still may not find them. Wait 2 days after a rain and check the field every day for 5 days. I promise you, if their are going to be shrooms, you will find them.

There is a field I KNOW produces magic mushrooms. I just have to catch the field during a flush. The trouble with that is it is 80 miles away. The temps are starting to get right and it just rained. I may try to go looking this weekend.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: niteowl]
    #2468452 - 03/24/04 07:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

haha......so another words without the internet yall would be shit out of luck!

--------------------

Offlinecody420
person
Loc: South Texas
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2468541 - 03/24/04 07:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I live in South Texas and the temp. is still a little to low for mushrooms.

Offlinefurlovingdal
Stranger
Re: shrooms in texas yet? *DELETED* [Re: wds]
    #2476185 - 03/26/04 11:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by imnotplutonium

Reason for deletion: ;lkjasdf

InvisibleNariusFractal
Sat Chit Ananda
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: furlovingdal]
    #2476320 - 03/26/04 12:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

6-7 grams WET or DRY?

Sounds like it was wet, therefore you did not consume enough.  Eat all 50 grams or better yet just eat what you have left (~43g) and you WILL know the mushroom :smile:

--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Offlinefurlovingdal
Stranger
Re: shrooms in texas yet? *DELETED* [Re: NariusFractal]
    #2476366 - 03/26/04 12:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by imnotplutonium

Reason for deletion: jr15c

OfflineGorian
Learning the artof Shroom

Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: furlovingdal]
    #2476376 - 03/26/04 12:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Correct plutonium

--------------------

Offlinekmkfan
Shroomerite
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: Gorian]
    #2484283 - 03/30/04 06:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

50 grams wet= 5 grams dry....IMO 5 grams would not be good for a first time

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: kmkfan]
    #2484656 - 03/30/04 08:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

yea maybe go a little less like an eighth of an ounce for your first time.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #2487372 - 03/31/04 04:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

In Texas?  Go get some peyote, it should be out right now.  Drive toward the Rio Grande Valley (HUGE AREA, moderator :smile:, towards the Mexican border.

I'm flying into Texas in about 2-3 weeks, and I'll definately be heading southeast from San Antonio to find some cacti.

In other news:  Pfshroomer - I'm not picking a fight with you, bud, I just wanted to add a little insight into your comparison of INTERNET vs Indians.  When you state that the Indians had to go out and find it rather than getting it from the net, you are incorrect.  As a matter of fact, they had it EASIER than we do.  While we have to get on the net and RESEARCH - they didn't.  You see, each Indian, as he is born - does not have to set out to find our beloved fungi.  No, no, no, my friends.  It's passed down through generations.  Daddy told him, and grandpa told daddy, and so forth.  By the time you're our age, daddy has already shown you firsthand exactly WHAT and WHERE and WHEN.  You were taught by the best, handed down over generations.  Much easier than studying alone in a room with a monitor, isn't it?  Wouldn't we all rather have an expert veteran like John take us under the wing and show us the ropes?  Yes, indeed, I think that route would be much easier than searching the net.

Nevertheless, I digress.  Your point is taken for it's purpose, and simply disected in the interest of posterity.  Hence, I agree that one should seek the EXPERIENCE and the CHASE, not simply the FINISH LINE and results.  It's the journey that counts, not the destination.  I reckon this outlook bears merit.  I embrace it myself.  Personally, I do not want to be told the GPS coordinates for a patch, I'd rather be guided in the right direction(big area, like PtReyes) and feel the sense of pride in finding them myself.

...of course, after a few empty-handed hunting trips, one is likely to beg for a bit more detailed "guidance"...

:smile:

Cheers, gentlemen.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

OfflineGrizzy

Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: Grizzy]
    #2487385 - 03/31/04 04:56 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, and YES - without the internet - we would be SOL!! ha ha.

Of course, it's unfortunate, but it is so. Nowadays, in our society, we just do not "pass on" the knowledge of enlightenment as the Indians did. Every man for himself. Add to that the frown of the law, and you've got a recipe for "secrets", rather than a setting for "free and open exchange".

Cheers again. 2 beers this time...

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: Grizzy]
    #2487785 - 03/31/04 07:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Whether you think so or not, I began my quest in hallucinogens over 40 years ago and many people involved passed on much information to me and also to many new drugs, And dozens which most here will never experience in their lifetime.

YEs the Indians make long journeys to collect their peyotl. AS they have for generations.

You have to be at least 1/4 Indian to be able to participate inan Native American Church ceremony and take peyotl legally under the law.

Those who are 1/4 wioll not be hassled, except in a few states where they say state law outweights that of the federal law against it.

The peyote is disappearing and regardless of internet, it is only Western civilization who seeks to find it on the internet.

Read Tracks of the Deer in Schultes and Hofmann's Plants of the Gods for info onthe Peyotl hunt.

mj

Offlineboomer420
liquid blue
Male
Loc: show me
Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2505661 - 04/01/04 02:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

peyote is always out grizzy, it isnt a seasonal thing,

--------------------
Shit house mouse

Offlinepfshroomer
MASTER OF MY DOMAIN
Male User Gallery

Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2505662 - 04/01/04 02:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

my fault people.........
sorry for the stupidity,I totally agree with you...I just hate it when these people jump on the shroomery and say"where,when,how,and what kind do I look for".I mean one day the gov't is going to illegalize sites like these and its going to be because of these stupid inmature kids disrespecting the fungi and other entheogens...I just hate it when people ask me,"hey man,can ya find me any peoyte or shrooms",Im just so irritated at that,I mean shit,Go research yourself,and stop trying to act all cool and shit infront of your friends saying,"O hey guys look,Ive got some shrooms".
P.S.-Grizzy,Im not picking at you either,Im just pissed at those inmature people that get on here and just want to get fucked up...sorry again bro.And thats some true shit about what the Indians did,but I wasnt really talking about the second and so forth generations,I was talking about the very first settlers,they didnt really know shit,b/c there wasnt anybody to tell them,they had to learn their selves,then they passed it on to the second generation,and so forth until now,and nows like the billion'th generation,lol....sorry,thats kinda hard to understand,but just know that I wasnt trying to point anybody out,just pissed that one day there will bo no more shroomery and its gonna be because there little punk kids just getting on the net with their friends trying to find a way to get fucked up.
I wake up everyday looking forward to getting on the shroomery and trying to help people out and see what other peoples news is,but one days its all gonna be gone because of some punk kids!
Peace,sorry for the jibber jatter,
Parafennelia~

--------------------

OfflineGrizzy

Re: shrooms in texas yet? [Re: pfshroomer]
    #2505986 - 04/01/04 05:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent post, PF.

There's a "spirit" to the path to enlightment. It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

And a lot of younger folks seem to act like they just don't have the time to "embrace" it, pursue it, and respect it when they get it.

It's like that story about a couple of bulls looking down the hill at a bunch of cows:
The young bull says to the old bull, "Hey, let's run down and screw ourselves a cow or two!".
The old bull shakes his head, looks at the young bull, and says, "Nah...let's WALK down...and fuck 'em all."

Cheers, boys.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification