Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Papaver Somniferum, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepivotingpenguin

#24562941 - 08/18/17 04:07 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Bitcoin<p>Reason for deletion: none

Edited by pivotingpenguin (10/21/17 11:18 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: pivotingpenguin]
    #24563042 - 08/18/17 04:49 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Lophophora fricii and kratom. The first indoor and the latter outdoor. Tobacco outside is pretty damn satisfying. There are quite a few to add to this list, although those three are my current favs :grin:

What type of botanicals do you enjoy working with?

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #24563282 - 08/18/17 06:09 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Cacti if you can. And as Lipa said kratom. And give novogranatense a try. Not as hard as it,may seem. Pretty straight forward. Youll have uppers, downers and things in between.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisiblepivotingpenguin

76 [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #24563848 - 08/18/17 10:11 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by pivotingpenguin (10/21/17 11:20 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: pivotingpenguin]
    #24563980 - 08/18/17 11:13 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bitcoin said:
I've had 4 san padros, but one died & one I gifted to my grandfather. I've grown datura, various medicinal herbs & other succulents, morning glories, wanna try kratom, peyote & salvia but those aren't legal here I don't think.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, is it illegal?

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

OfflineSaraph
Hive mind
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone 6b
Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: ferrel_human]
    #24564128 - 08/19/17 12:35 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

HBWR, datura, and cacti are my absolute favorites so far. They're just so interesting :grin:

--------------------

Edited by Saraph (08/19/17 12:35 AM)

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: Saraph]
    #24564148 - 08/19/17 12:52 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Just because peyote is illegal doesn't mean all the other species in the lophophora genus are too. Peyote is the only one illegal. And yes I suppose they wouldn't fall under t category of "ethnobotanical" because its not harvested for consumption... But nevertheless, its every bit as satisfying as the peyote species. Seems like most peyote growers never end up eating their crop anyhow. After a certain point its a labor of love... And eating one would perhaps feel like eating your own dog to some. I don't grow peyote but I grow other species. Its just as good for myself... Some may disagree or march to a different beat, but that's just my views on it.

Kratom illegal where you are? Federally its still legal. There are some states that have it scheduled by state laws though..  So yes please investigate that before order in any clones or whatever.

Here's a good plant for you... Hoja Santa. Translated 'sacred  leaf'. It doesn't get one high or whatever but it can be ingested. Its typically dubbed 'rootbeeer tree.' And there's a reason for that. I use mine for making rootbeer kombucba as well as just general cooking. It has a disnct flavor that really makes a dish interesting. That and its an absolutely stunning plant to grow.  Pretty fucking easy to work w also.

--------------------

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

OfflineMeanGreen
Kratom Eater
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: Lipa Kreepa]
    #24564213 - 08/19/17 02:07 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Sceletium tortuosum is fairly easy to grow and you can harvest some material rather quickly.

Sinicuichi grows very quickly and is a resilient plant, easy to build up a big stash of leaves & twigs from.

I love Klip Dagga too, they look great, grow extremely tall and vigorous and you get to harvest some flower everyday for a couple months.

Phalaris is a good one as well, survives frost and very quickly harvestable in large quantities.

Like Lipa said, Hoja santa (Piper auritum) is nice and even though it doesn't get you high it is the most viable legal source of safrole which is the main precursor for MDMA.

Nicotiana tabacum is pretty rewarding also, I thought home-grown tobacco would be harsh and disgusting before but it's actually some of the best tobacco I've had, it's in between roll-your-own and industrial cigarettes.
I roll my joints with some of the Virginia gold I grew this year and it's awesome. Don't try it with rustica though lol.

And of course, cacti!

--------------------
Trade List

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: MeanGreen]
    #24564231 - 08/19/17 02:46 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote...  "Some of the best tobacco I've ever had"

:yesnod: homegrown is solid as a brick. So smooth. And good call rolling up w Virginia gold leaves bro :super: spot on.

--------------------

Invisiblepivotingpenguin

77 [Re: MeanGreen]
    #24564249 - 08/19/17 03:02 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by pivotingpenguin (10/21/17 11:20 PM)

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

#24564293 - 08/19/17 03:54 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

They're not the same plant... Similarity amongst alkaloids, hence the rootbeer aroma.

--------------------

OfflineSieglinde
Potted gardener
 User Gallery

Loc: Peach state Flag
    #24564455 - 08/19/17 09:00 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Try Entada Rheedii, not many people grow it as far as i know. Its a bean that can grow about 6 inches a day, and make up to 6 foot seed pods full of palm sized seeds.
The seeds are supposed to induce vivid dreams when eatin (some sources say smoked).

You can see my entada rheedii in my posts.

--------------------
BIG BEAN

Offlinekizatzhaddarak
Fairy Tail
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: Sieglinde]
    #24564515 - 08/19/17 10:11 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Lets see, some of mine include: Sceletium tortuosum, Silene undulata/capensis, Lophophora, Cannabis, Salvia species, Ocimum, Allium, Origanum, Satureja, Thymus, Corymbia citriodora, and Papaver. I am sure there are more I am forgetting, but those are some of my favorites.

--------------------
The Sleeper Must Awaken!  (I do not advocate the ingestion of any substance without extensive research, and or the advice of trained medical and or spiritual personelle)

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: kizatzhaddarak]
    #24564548 - 08/19/17 10:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Trichocereus pachanoi and trichocereus Peruvians, two easiest and most worth while entheogens to grow n my opinion. Lophophora williamsii can be great as well, but they are very slow growing, I always get attached to my lophs after the years and can not bring myself to eat them, where as my truchocereus cacti rapidly grow, providing new plant matter in more than reasonable amounts each season. Plus trichocereus cacti are very simple to clone, simply chop the cactus, allow it to "scab" over by placing it in a cool area with good airflow for several days, then simply place it in it's own pot and soil. These cacti are hardy, they are tough, and are fairly easy to cultivate as a result.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24564929 - 08/19/17 01:35 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Trichs are tough as nails usually as well. At least San Pedro. The bridgesiis are a bit more temperamental in my care, but San Pedro can handle just about anything.

Poppies are hella tough too.

--------------------

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: ferrel_human]
    #24565076 - 08/19/17 02:43 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to see it....did the tree fall??

:superscience:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite/most practical ethnobotanical to grow? indoor or outdoor [Re: 1234go]
    #24565088 - 08/19/17 02:48 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Quote:

ferrel_human said:

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to see it....did the tree fall??

:superscience:

Or was it illegal? :howyoudoing:

--------------------
-Karode

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24566510 - 08/20/17 03:32 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

1. Trichocereus would be at the top of my list. Easy to grow and multiply your crop, and the finished product is amazing.
2. I love growing kratom but it takes up a lot of space and really isn't practical considering the amount of work involved. It's much easier to buy a few kilos from
Indonesia. I still love the plant, collect every variety I can come across, and make distribute cuttings every year, even though I was a little slack this year.
3. E. novo is an interesting plant, easy to grow (on established) and provides a unique material that is mostly unavailable unless you grow it.
4. Khat, for all the reasons listed for E. novo.
5. Sinicuichi is the easiest to grow, I have it planted in my yard. It requires absolutely no care and it survives freezing. I haven't tried using it because most reports don't sound so fun, so this one isn't that practical.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale, Left Coast Kratom, Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf, Kraken Kratom, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Papaver Somniferum, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden