Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCorpsickle
Stranger
 User Gallery

Has anyone grown phoenix oyster? Powerful licorice smell? [PICS]
    #24562566 - 08/18/17 01:29 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hello!

So I'm growing a bunch of stuff all for the first time.
today's question is about phoenix oyster.

How I did it.

1. RR Grain tek, followed directions. Now I know my grains were very wet.

2. Constructed still air box and jar lids with poly and rtv

3. clumsily flamed the needle and inoculated 2 grain jars and 2 liquid cultures.

4. My fastest colonizer. showed signs in 4 or 5 days. shook at 10 days. fully colonized at 15 days i think.

5. let it sit a while. . . small clear yellow pools start to form. internet says don't worrie about it.

6. prep 6 more jars and do a grain to grain transfer. sprayed everything down with alcohol. I used to brew beer for a micro brewery so I have a pretty good idea of sanitation. That doesn't mean I fully know what I'm doing haha.

7. Grain transfer Jar 1. goes fairly well. pretty stickyish (grains were too wet) afterwards I smell the jar and It is a "powerful sweet licorice smell ,almost floral". Not unpleasant if smelled from a distance, but something you waft with your hand. Not stick your nose in.

8. Here are those jars that received this grain.

looks fine eh?

9. I transferred the lc to a bigger container, It had a much less powerful, but the same smell. (you can stick your nose in)(says pink but it's phoenix)

10. A week Later I finally got more jars and will transfer the other master phoenix. It's too wet and clumpy. there's just no way. I give up after 3 jars and toss all the grain. Once again that "powerful sweet licorice smell ,almost floral".

what do you guys think?
fyi. I successfully grown some elms off coir and transferred some pink. each had their own smell. Just not as powerful as this.

Do you think It's cause the grains were too wet? or/and contam?

Edited by Corpsickle (08/18/17 01:35 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation