Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
First Trip...big let down
    #2456078 - 03/21/04 12:30 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

I ate what I estimated to be a 1/2 8th of dried Cubensis (3 caps), two vitamin C tablets and 3 tums (for nasuea) and in the next couple hours about 4 small stems. This was on a full stomach because I had not planned on tripping.

After about and hour I was feeling very little at all. I just felt a little more energetic and giggly. I felt a little more on edge than usual and easily startled. I didn't want to overdo it for my first trip so I held back a bit when I didn't feel anything.

I felt absolutely no nasuea or discomfort, or any real signs of a come up for that matter. I expected it to bonk me on the head and pull me out of reality like pot, but it was not nearly as dramatic.

After about 2 1/2 hours and feeling fairly normal I smoked 3 hits of weed and that is when things started to get weird. I started laughing at everything and dancing around. I did get a few genuine psychadelic effects like I imagined the bushes out side might attack me (but it wasn't a very convincing thought). When I closed my eyes I could faintly see some little globule patterns and if I stared at the carpet I sort of thought I saw those same patterns. The only clear visual effects were I saw the floor rolling a little bit, and some glow in the dark stars in the room (w/ black light) looked like they were moving. i felt a little confused at times like when I went into a room where my freinds were playing a video game with music and also had the stereo on. It took me at least 5 seconds to tell what was happening. Also, I lost track of time.

All in all I can't really tell what was the weed, what was my own expectations of tripping imposing itself onto the experience and what was the mushrooms. I had to wait almost 3 hours to trip at all only with the help of weed, and the experience I did have was more like being drunk than anything else.

I felt like I was behaving alot stranger than I was feeling. In hindiight the things I was thinking and doing were weird, but I didn't really feel it at the time. It was like my responses to things were pretty odd, but my consciousness felt close to normal if not a little sleepy.

From this experience it seems like weed alters my mind alot more, whereas those mushrooms just made me feel drunk and giggly, and distorted my vision. It was more like alcohol than anything else, the mental effect felt like a depressent.

It was a fun time, and when I came down I felt alot more self-assured and motivated than I usually do with pot, but the trip itself did not impress me at all. Definately not higher awareness, clearer thoughts or eye opening like people had told me.

I'm not sure what the deal was: did I not take enough? Is my tolerance ridiculously high or was it that I had eaten diner a few hours before?

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: First Trip...big let down [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2456090 - 03/21/04 12:36 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

You say 3 caps came out to about 1.75g? Those sound like big caps.....
Eat more and you will definitely fell them. They are way more powerful than weed can ever be. I like to eat about 3.5 g and sit in the dark in silence or listening to music on headphones with my eyes closed. The less you are distracted the more that will happen.

p.s. get a scale so you don't have to estimate your dose.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: First Trip...big let down [Re: Dankman]
    #2456104 - 03/21/04 12:45 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Half and 1/8 isn't a very sufficient dose, especially when you don't fast beforehand. Trust me that when you eat a higher dose after fasting, you won't be let down...you'll be craving more experience! Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2457069 - 03/21/04 11:08 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

don't eat any tums as well, calcium and shrooms do not play nicely.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: First Trip...big let down [Re: gdman]
    #2457072 - 03/21/04 11:09 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

...oh and eat a full 1/8

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2457123 - 03/21/04 11:29 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

IMHO full stomach was your problem. Eat 1/8th and only eat a light meal 5 hours before you trip. That way you will definitely trip. (oh and no SSRI's) :yesnod:

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2457270 - 03/21/04 12:33 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

Unless they where monster caps. 3 caps generally is not gonna be a half eighth. Get some scales and take the entire shroom dose at once. Id only space out eatings if you where taking a big amount, even then id eat all the shrooms within 30 mins.

Once your tripping taking more does nothing to make the trip harder in my expierence. Just las longer.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinewindowlicker42
Re: First Trip...big let down [Re: baraka]
    #2458442 - 03/21/04 08:07 PM (20 years, 11 days ago)

eat 5.0+ grams of dried mushrooms on an empty stomach and you will experience the mushroom

or you could man up and put some paper on your tongue. there is no mistaking the high on lsd. it will take your brain and make it do its bidding.

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2459582 - 03/22/04 07:16 AM (20 years, 11 days ago)

5 grams, that's a decent dose. Eating really reduced the effects. If you hadn't eaten anything in 8 hours 1/2 an 1/8th probably would have been pretty noticable. Or maybe your a hard head. You will feel 1/8th! A lot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag