Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
thank god for my minds inability to comprehend
    #2455752 - 03/20/04 09:37 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

after a year of world issues classes, i feel like i have absorbed so many true facts that are so horrific, so digusting and so mind numbingly despair inducing that i am no longer capable of empathizing with the suffering of anyone, nor react emotionally too the things i learn.

one thing that i feel like throwing out there: this year alone the united states of america will spend enough money on the war on Iraq to provide food, clean water and housing to every human being on earth.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

how did these people get ahold of my money!
stop paying taxes!

oh yeah! and why the war on iraq? weapons of mass destruction? HAHAHAHAHAHAH
k sorry
we all know by now that no weapons of mass destruction have been found in iraq right?
can we say the same thing for america those noble defenders of liberty?
no.
every year the united states of america spend enough money on nuclear weapons development and related programs to build a nine foot tall wall of 1 dollar bills around the equator.
the things we could be doing...

GODAMIT I FUCKIN... FUCK

sorry guys thanks for letting me vent right

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2455778 - 03/20/04 09:44 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

nice...

now you got me all pissed off, right before bed.

thanks.

--------------------
my signature is too long

OfflineFrothytooFlacid
Too Many Oils
    #2455825 - 03/20/04 09:57 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

man....

the past was fucked up

the present is more fucked up than I'd rather let myself realize

who knows about the future...oh wait... we all do... IT'S FUCKED.

I blame it all on hope too. If it weren't for that shit, people'd given up a long time ago, and we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

At least tonight is a clear night. The stars look so god damned beautiful.

--------------------
There is more.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: FrothytooFlacid]
    #2455890 - 03/20/04 10:32 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

"At least tonight is a clear night. The stars look so god damned beautiful"

my thoughts exactly. Thanks for that man, really  :spliff:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2455919 - 03/20/04 10:47 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Go vote on November and get those lying crooks out of the white house. It's the only way man.

Wether you would like to belive it or not. The war in Iraq was nessesary in order to rid the world of an evil man. Not for WMD's wich is what we were told. Our goverment once again lets us down by lying to us in order to maintain control. Saddam Hussein was a man that tortured viciously his own people. His followers only followed him because they feared him so bad. He killed thousands for no reason at all. Anyone accused of ploting against his goverment was tortured until they beged to be killed. And the Bush family had an agenda for him ever since they stole the election in 2000. They knew that if action wasn't taken at the time it was taken, the Bush administration would not be around for whenever the UN was ready so they went after Saddam with this "WMDs" case, wich was weak to begin with but was backed up by fears on "911".

The actions this administration took were wrong, even though the outcome was ultimetly possitive and was something that had to be done. The problem is they lost our trust by lying to us AGAIN and lost the support of our allies. Hussein is no longer terrorizing the Middle east. Now, lets go vote and pick another president that will concentrate on the search for Bin Laden, let the Iraqi people rebuild themselves, and help our contry strengthen its relationship with the world. So maybe people will stop burnig our flag for once.

--------------------

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

Loc: point no point
    #2455932 - 03/20/04 10:58 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

get over it!

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: Squatting_Otter]
    #2455968 - 03/20/04 11:25 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

oh yeah, grand advice. and while your at it, Pharm, join the military and fight for Bush in Iraq.

--------------------
my signature is too long

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2456001 - 03/20/04 11:44 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Please read the forum rules, specifically, #2. Any more posts like this and you will be getting an official warning PM from myself or one of the other forum mods. Continue after that...and you'll be banned from the site.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: trendal]
    #2456047 - 03/21/04 12:12 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

I believe that issues should be resolved in a post when they are brought up, instead of creating a whole other thread on the subject. With that in mind, I was hoping you could clarify something for me. I want to know how you determine "baiting" becuase, at least to me, this term seems ambigious. Dictionary.com says it is "To tease" and "To attack or torment, especially with persistent insults, criticism, or ridicule." As a skeptic, the last defintion worries me. People like Swami that try to use logic instead of emotions can sometimes be seen as being critical. I know when I come across unfounded statements I do my best to clear them up; my belief is that all misinformation is harmful. So, I'd just like to know... when does an arguement drift into baiting? When it's clear that steps are being made to turn the thread into a name-calling contest?

I like to express my opinions, especially when a subject is brought up and my ideas seem unrepresented.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2456062 - 03/21/04 12:20 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Expression of individual opinion is always welcome, of course :smile:

I think of "baiting" as posts, usually of little to no content, that are obviously intended to incite anger in the target, or to hurt them in some way.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out misinformation. In fact it's something I'm driven to do by my nature (I call it "providing clarity"). There is a big difference though in pointing out misinformation with a well thought-out response that is designed to educate a person and pointing out misinformation in a derogatory manner.

ie: I say "electrons are positively charged" and someone replies "Well no, trendal, electrons are negatively charged. Protons are the positively charged nuclear particle."

That's an example of what I consider a good reply.

An example of baiting would be something like:

"You just don't get it, do you? Electrons are negatively charged. You should go back to school."

See the difference? In the first, I pointed out a mistake by giving the correct information (and some to boot!). In the second, I directly attacked the poster by calling his (heh, my) intelligence into question.

Hope that helps clear things up! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2456065 - 03/21/04 12:22 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Damb you laid the smackdown all ova dat ass :lol:
god i wish i had some authority...

--------------------

Edited by Dreamer987 (03/21/04 12:27 AM)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2456395 - 03/21/04 02:33 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Thanks, I think you helped provide some clarity on the subject.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: Spokesman]
    #2456837 - 03/21/04 09:03 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Go vote on November and get those lying crooks out of the white house. It's the only way man.

Quote:

And the Bush family had an agenda for him ever since they stole the election in 2000.

You made my point for me.

Quote:

Wether you would like to belive it or not. The war in Iraq was nessesary in order to rid the world of an evil man.

How do you think the west got to where it is? Haven't we fought our own suppressors in the past? Why should it be any different for anyone else?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2456863 - 03/21/04 09:26 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

trendal, i have no idea who you were talking to when you posted that thing about banning people and inapropriate posts... i wasnt trying to 'bait' anyone...

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2456873 - 03/21/04 09:36 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

PHARMAKOS said:
after a year of world issues classes, i feel like i have absorbed so many true facts that are so horrific, so digusting and so mind numbingly despair inducing that i am no longer capable of empathizing with the suffering of anyone, nor react emotionally too the things i learn.

Could be the reason I stopped caring, was because of what I learned in college about things that go on in the world. The knowledge left me with a semi-stunned feeling of "WTF???" and then I felt helpless because there was so much shit going on in the world, what is one person supposed to do?

Quote:

oh yeah! and why the war on iraq? weapons of mass destruction?

I have read in the newspapers that Hussein used biological and chemical weapons against his own people. Are the newspapers lying? If not, isn't it possible that he had these weapons and hid them?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

#2456880 - 03/21/04 09:42 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Trendal, simmer down big boy.

When I suggest that he "get over it" it's exactly what I think he should do. Getting all hung up on these issues that he can't do anything about is a waste of energy. My advice is to get over it and move on. This could mean taking any number of courses as long as he doesn't waste energy on these issues in the way he is with his post.

stop trying to be a babysitter trendal.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: thank god for my minds inability to comprehend [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2456905 - 03/21/04 10:02 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

1) They only stole the election because it was close. It was a desperate last minute action. They are the ones that blew up the Monica & Bill Clinton thing in order to make the country lose trust in it's current administration. But the race was so close they executed plan B.

2) I dont think our congress has ever been in a room where George Bush read names of people he thought were conspiritors as they were drag out of the room to have their fingers cut one by one and then be shot in the head. This is the situation these people were living with. You can they oppose their opresor when at the first thought of it their families are getting killed? Would you opose? Sending our troops out there was a humanitarian act to the region. But it should have been done by expressing the real reasons and maintaining our support with our allies. But we didn't. Shame on us for letting the crooks run the country  :nonono:

--------------------

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2456909 - 03/21/04 10:04 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

"are the newspapers lieing?"
frog, i cant emphasize this enough: YES THEY ARE, CONSTANTLY, SHAMELESSLY, UNAPOLOGETICALLY
if more people dont wake up to this fact we are truly screwed
how can we act if our enemies control are information? and therefore our oppinions?

its not my place to reveal all the things ive learned recently, but please, for your own sake and the worlds dont take things at face value, dont believe that just because its on tv or in print its true, dont believe that a newspaper company is anything other than a buisness concerned with making money and dont believe that our government isnt running a multi million dollar propagandha campaign to influence your oppinions, distract you and limit your information.

Until we solve the problem of media control, i despair over our chances.

and as for mister "get over it" all i can say is that anyone who beleves that we cant do anything and that we might as well not try might as well end his own life and thus remove his negative influence from the communal thought-pool. I mean what do you gain by viewing the world from a framework of apathy and powerlessness?
by all means, if you dont believe you can change anything you sure as hell cant, but i can only pray that not everyone feels like you, or else we really are screwed.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#2456921 - 03/21/04 10:09 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

The republicans control a large part of the media outlests and the democrats control some. There for each makes their watchers/ readers/ listeners belive what they belive. So nones opinion should be trusted. Tune in to both but interpret the stories and comments in your own belifs and come election time let them now we are not playing around!

--------------------

OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

#2456959 - 03/21/04 10:26 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

I believe the situation's out of everybody's control. And how can you call me negative and then suggest that I kill myself? I think that kind of behaviour is waaaay more negative than my disagreeing with you.

And if you think that by my existing I am somehow polluting some kind of communal mind, shouldn't you be locked up on medication and in a straight jacket? Just imagine if someone walked down the street accusing people of polluting the communal mind-pool by existing. Amazing.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder