Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMacedon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Bird_Guts]
    #24545477 - 08/11/17 07:54 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Casablanca - I can nevere tire of watching it and it always manages to sweep me away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Macedon]
    #24545489 - 08/11/17 08:00 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I just watched:

"Electric Apricot: Quest for Festeroo"

...And thought it was hilarious, it's basically "spinal tap" but focused on jam bands rather than hair bands.

...the garcia tortilla.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

OfflineMacedon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24545503 - 08/11/17 08:05 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds interesting, let's see where I can find to watch it.

Stranger

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Macedon]
    #24545603 - 08/11/17 08:57 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Macedon said:
Sounds interesting, let's see where I can find to watch it.

I have amazon fire TV, so I know you can watch it with amazon for free.

It would probably be offensive if it was not so damn funny, because "hippie" type people get a lot of fun poked at them, again, imagine "this is spinal tap" but focused on jam band/hippie/festival culture.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

#24552821 - 08/14/17 09:39 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:
I just watched:

...And thought it was hilarious, it's basically "spinal tap" but focused on jam bands rather than hair bands.

...the garcia tortilla.

"hey are you going to burning man"

--------------------

Stranger

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #24557945 - 08/16/17 11:17 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LeeHarvOz said:
Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:
I just watched:

...the garcia tortilla.

"hey are you going to burning man"

Ha ha ha, in the very last scene when they are playing the festival the guitarist actually looks like jerry, the way he is staring into space with the slightly open mouth and lip movements, great stuff. Jerry lives! Ha ha ha.

On another note, just watched "humano" ( Initial release: October 12, 2013 )

In this documentary man travels to the mountains to find spirituality, he consumes san Pedro with a shaman, he also completes several other shamanic practices. It's a great movie, and there is plenty of great shamanic insight.

I was watching "humano" with friends and all of them said "the shaman says the same things you are always telling us", to me it's a sign that the information is derived from the entheogen, either me and this guy from another part if the planet and from another culture are near identical in our methods of thought, or, more probably, we had the same teacher.

The lessons from the cactus are universal, perhaps some have shamanic personalities and have a higher affinity for receiving and communicating these messages, though I am of the opinion that everybody can learn from these plant teachers equally, we all have the potential to receive the same gnosis. This is why I frequently give away shamanic psychedelics to all those who are interested (who are adults of coarse, and who seem as though they would be responsible ), it's because I know that they can be shown just as I was.

Many years back I experienced a "shamanic crisis", also known as "shamanic initiation", and I have been completely transformed ever since, and all for the better, as was said by Terence McKenna — "The shaman is not merely a sick man, or a madman; he is a sick man who has healed himself" and once you have healed yourself when you see others struggling with problems that you once struggled with you want to reach out to them, to help them. I understand that just because it worked for me does not mean it will work for everybody, Nuevo am also very careful with who I choose to help, I Honolulu offer help to those who I know will get better. I am still of the opinion that any human can experience the transformation which I did, but as they are all unique it may not be achieved through the exact same methods, but it can be achieved.

Quote:

Shamanic abilities are generally brought on by a personal crisis, such as illness or sudden shock. Where this is not naturally forthcoming, initiations designed to produce the effects of such a state are used to bring about re-birth as a shaman. The shaman sees through everything, dies and is reborn, suffers the pangs of the world, and sees into its darkest corners. The near-death of initiation is common to shamans the world over and a metaphor for their experiences. Afterwards, they are never the same; everything has changed for them. They have known total knowledge and, to a degree according to their skills and strengths, have permanent access to it from that moment on.
( -shamanism bible; mathwes )

Quote:

Part of the thing I found with hanging with shamans in various places and times is that once you get past the language barrier, what shamans are are simply curious people. Intellectuals of a certain type. In Australian aboriginal slang, a shaman is called a “clever fellow”. If someone says “I’m a clever fellow”, they mean, you know, I’m a shaman. Well, that’s all it is – it’s somebody who pays attention to how things actually work, and sort of transcends the culture by that means. It’s a weird paradox. It’s that the shamans, who are the keepers of the cultural values, are also necessarily the keepers of the secrets of the theatrics of the cultural values, and so they live their lives in the light of the knowledge that it all rests on showbiz. You know, everybody else is a true believer, but these are the image-makers, the people who actually pull the strings and control the evolution of the mythologies. And in a way, it’s a situation of alienation. -Terence McKenna

Quote:

Even in traditional societies, the shaman is central to the social functioning, and the health, and so forth – but is never allowed to be physically central. There is a leader, a head man or something; the shaman lives off at the edge of the village, sometimes off in the woods; he is approached with fear and trembling; he is loathed and respected, and feared and loved, because it is understood that he represents a dimension that nevertheless must be tolerated, because it is the channel through which knowledge, and healing, and higher values, come. -terence mckenna

the shaman is socially marginal, politically marginal, lives at the edge of the village, and so forth and so on, and is feared by the people, because dealings with the shaman are always dealings about life and death. But then the shaman comes forward in this critical role, as go-between, as mediator, between the cultural mind and the real world, which is this potent set of forces and planetary cycles and meteorological events and diseases and, you know, fate; and the shaman mediates. In many languages, the word for shaman means “go-between”. So the cost of this, or the price of this, for the shaman himself, or herself, is a kind of alienation from the cultural values, and a kind of understanding that it’s a game that’s kept in play. -terence mckenna

Those who know me understand why I chose those excerpts, and Will agree that it's fitting, whether I like it or not it is my karma to play this role.

Any way, sorry for getting off track, I am adding this film to my list.

·Humano (2013; Director: Alan Stivelman )

--------------------

Stranger

#24562473 - 08/18/17 10:47 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just watched "dirty wars", interesting stuff.

Also watched "Zeitgeist: The Movie", well, I watched most of it, but the whole time I kept thinking "shouldn't all this stuff be obvious?" Most people wouldn't need this movie to figure any of this stuff out. I'm not saying everything was accurate either, but even the things which were inaccurate or conspiracy theory type material were still obvious ideas, I mean anybody who put thought into the situation probably would have had similar thoughts, even if it was only a consideration of possibilities which was then dismissed. The ideas are not necessarily bad, but the movie was not to my taste at all...

One thing that these movies brought to my mind for one reason or another: does anybody think it's strange that they dumped bin laden's body in the ocean? If anybody in the future ever wanted to confirm that the body was in fact bin laden they would not be able as it was thrown in the ocean. it's not something I generally think about, but that "dirty wars" documentary outlined the JSOC ( The Joint Special Operations Command ), and the controversy related to their actions, at one point the Osama raid was outlined, simultaneously the strangeness of the conclusion to that situation sunk in, I'm not saying there is a conspiracy theory there (though I'm sure it could make a good one, if it has not already) I was just thinking "how strange".

Any way, I will add "dirty wars" to my movies list. (Not really wanting to go into much detail, it's not really subject matter which I would normally watch, but it does offer a glimpse into parts of war which one would generally never know about otherwise.

Also watched "drone" a 2014 documentary regarding drone warfare, again, not my typical subject matter as far as film goes, but this was actually a decent film outlining modern day drone warfare and it's implications and consequences.

--------------------

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: DividedQuantum] * 4
    #26855973 - 07/31/20 06:19 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Latest list:

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. Apocalypse Now
4. Citizen Kane
5. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
6. The Godfather
7. The Bridge on the River Kwai
8. The Shining
9. Eraserhead
10. Taxi Driver 
11. Chinatown
12. The Searchers
13. The Silence of the Lambs
14. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
15. The Exorcist
16. The Conversation
17. The Lady from Shanghai
18. The Thin Red Line
19. The Man Who Would Be King 
20. Barry Lyndon
21. No Country for Old Men
22. Goodfellas
23. There Will Be Blood
24. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me/The Return
25. The Tree of Life

--------------------
Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherworld
Re: Favorite Movies [Re: DividedQuantum] * 4
    #26860891 - 08/03/20 01:29 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

1990: The Bronx Warriors
The Big Lebowski
The Blues Brothers
Blade Runner
Samurai Cop
3 Fantastic Supermen
V for Vendetta
Paprika
Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind
Adaptation
Shaolin Drunkard
The Maltese Falcon
Sabata
Arizona Dream
Iron Monkey
Get Crazy
Blueberry/Renegade
The Last Temptation of Christ
Alphaville
The Fifth Element
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Monty Python and The Holy Grail
The City of Lost Children
Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
Picasso Trigger
Keoma
House (1977)
Lost Highway
Boondock Saints
Coonskin
Dolemite 2: The Human Tornado
Repo Man
Life Aquatic
Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
Man Bites Dog
Kung Fu Hustle
I'll Take You There
25th Hour
200 Motels
Loaded Weapon Pt. 1
Broken Flowers
The Wizard of Oz
Johnny Suede
Big Fish
Love Actually
Run Ronnie Run
Rat Race
A Chinese Ghost Story
Big Trouble In Little China
Donnie Darko
Deathrace 2000
The Demolitionist
They Live
Rubber
God Bless America
Galaxina
Danger Diabolik
The Serpent and The Rainbow
Hellzapoppin!
Highlander 2
Demon Cop
Class of Nuke 'Em High
The Crow
Encino Man
Meet the Hollowheads
The Demolitionist
Hair High
Ninja Terminator
The Vampire Lovers
The Stuff
Master of the Flying Guillotine
Demon Wind

all I can think of right now...

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Dilsnique]
    #26861262 - 08/03/20 05:22 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Some great ones in there. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineGraymaster
Male

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #26882268 - 08/15/20 07:44 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Donnie Darko is always a favourite

InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Graymaster]
    #26890121 - 08/20/20 01:39 PM (3 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah.  Love how he wakes up on a golf course.  Done that coming back from visiting the wonderful city of Boise and it was near it but couldn't find it so just slept on it.  Pretty comfortable.

This movie I though was dumb but God I couldn't stop laughing at this scene.  Just one of those like about the janitors that is just, people on the shroomery and midnight screenings would get it.  Those not on any substances would find it dull. :lahey:.  Ever wonder why Fear and Loathing was a flop at the box office?  Strange how life works that way.  So here are a few clips of both.

If you don't laugh at these, God, is the main reason I come to the shroomery is to laugh during the year of covid and is boring as hell.  Running joke with friends.  High five, come give me a high five.  Weird shake.  High five, well why do you want a high five?  Come here and give me a high five like men do.  In this idiotic, all the actors are at a level but she is the stupidest, high pitched voiced woman.  Ask a question, high five on puppet strings as a cardboard box.  The bubbles are just for copyright and not in the movie.

The other one is Seattle at that time with the janitors and the generation X experimenting with them with experimental laced cookies, not edibles and it has the greatest fireworks scene I have ever watched in a movie.  I hated those cubicles and I get why he finally loses it and quits and smashes her cell phone.  Plus the whole opening credits of a tossed bottle out to sea that goes on forever and what it reads, I won't spoil it but, good set-up.  Short and sweet.

Not shilling but on youtube all I could find was the trailer.  If you have Prime get fucked up and watch it.  Or rent it.  Is amusing.  Just wait for the fireworks scene if you are a psychedelic.  You will get it.  The actual fireworks, not the sparkler..:wonka:

Love it when he goes to the E.R. has no health insurance from his previous job he quit, and he the doctor laughs at him for coming in for eating to many cookies and abdominal cramps and hallucinations.  And charges him 1,100 for the visit.  Yes the medical system in the States.

Edited by Barnaby (08/20/20 05:24 PM)

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Barnaby] * 3
    #26940440 - 09/17/20 10:06 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Goodfellas
The Godfather
The Deer Hunter
Chinatown
Dog Day Afternoon
Taxi Driver
Blue Velvet
Dr Strangelove
Apocalypse Now
Godfather II
Psycho
Mystic River
The Hustler
Reservoir Dogs
The Right Stuff
There Will Be Blood
The Usual Suspects
LA Confidential
Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe
Network
Bonnie and Clyde
The Maltese Falcon
Patton
Diva
The Dirty Dozen
Michael Clayton
The Last Picture Show
True Romance
A Fish Called Wanda
The Verdict

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26940498 - 09/17/20 10:49 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Can't disagree with a single one of those. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherworld
Re: Favorite Movies [Re: DividedQuantum]
    #26940510 - 09/17/20 10:54 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

A proper list indeed

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Favorite Movies [Re: Dilsnique] * 2
    #27685660 - 03/06/22 10:26 PM (2 years, 22 days ago)

There are some good flicks in this thread. Here are mine

Videodrome
Boxers Omen
Prospero's Books and 8/2 women by Greenaway
Third part of the night and The Devil both by Zulawski
The Warriors
The Terminator
Pink Floyd the wall
The Thing
The Manson family (Jim Van Bebber)
Schramm
Taxidermia
Berlin Alaxanderplatz (fassbinder)
The Wicker Man (1973)
Holy Mountain
Only Lovers Left Alive
House (1977)
Sorcerer
Cruising
Izo
Return of the Living Dead
Dancer in the dark
Goodfellas
Dr Caligari (1989)
Dawn of the dead
Kill lIst
Boogie Nights
Faust (1994)
Funeral parade of roses & Dogura Magura both by Matsumoto
Style Wars
Serbian film
Life and death of a porno gang
The Lure
Horrors of Malformed men
Tetsuo the iron man and Gemini by Shin'ya Tsukamoto
Pink Narcisssus
visions of suffering (directors cut) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5914496/
mother and black swan Aronofsky
piano tuner of earthquakes
Titus
Johnny got his gun
wayward cloud
hitler a film from germany
fellini satryicon
arabian nights
sweet movie
suspiria
escape from NY
in a glass cage
performance
scarface
blacktight killers
wake in fright
leolo
american werewolf in london
teror firmer
violent cop
Mulholland Drive
Martin
the street fighter
fitzcarraldo
Birds Orphans and fools
Clockwork orange
Blade runner
holy mountain, el topo and santa sangre
memories of murder
legend of suram fortress
ex drummer
oldboy
mandy
haxan
kingdom of crooked mirrors
fargo
Spider (1992)
Robocop
all that jazz
The apple
bad boy bubby
annie hall
planet of the vampires
house of a thousand corpses
creepshow
dressed to kill

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Edited by viraldrome (03/07/22 09:08 PM)

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Movies [Re: viraldrome] * 2
    #27686031 - 03/07/22 08:40 AM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Awesome list. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible...
Re: Favorite Movies [Re: viraldrome] * 1
    #27686630 - 03/07/22 08:00 PM (2 years, 21 days ago)

Agreed. Excellent list. Now i see where you got your screen name :yesnod::thumbup:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlineviraldrome
 User Gallery

Loc: Parts Unknown
Re: Favorite Movies [Re: lavod] * 2
    #27689039 - 03/09/22 08:37 PM (2 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

lavod said:

My extensive favorite movie list would be dominated by the works ov Derek Jarman, Gregg Araki, Emir Kusturica, and Sam Peckinpah.

Black Cat, White Cat

I watched black cat, white cat last night fuking great movie, this song will be stuck in my head forever

--------------------
Lysergamides I have tried so far: 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, LSZ, ETH-LAD, MIPLA, EIPLA, 1cP-AL-LAD

Edited by viraldrome (03/11/22 04:11 AM)

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Favorite Movies [Re: viraldrome]
    #27689454 - 03/10/22 07:27 AM (2 years, 18 days ago)

Glad you enjoyed it :smile:.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures