Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Breathing!!
    #2455655 - 03/20/04 11:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Something we do tons of each day, but hardly ever think about. Ive been reading this book on the spiritual aspect of martial arts, and it describes how breathing "properly" is the key to perfect mental/pysical health........... I did an exercise on my own as follows: Breathe in and imagine ki(energy, spirit, life, motivation, ect) flowing in through you and pooling into your chakras/self, breathe out and imagine you breathing out your "ego" or self, and become selfless and allow the posative energy you inhaled to fill you up, and imagine the emptyness caused by the release of "self"/breath, to be filled with the vast thing I would call "god"......... WOW i must say my first time doing this I felt alive and pumping with energy... I focused the energy to my third eye and heart chakra, and I felt a vast increase of internal energy that I could easily control and move about within my internals......... The reason of this thread is this: I really think there is something we can tap into by breathing technices.. I need advice from experts on the subject to maybe give me a routine similar, or totally different from the one I listed, that can help me advance in this area. I dont really know where to start, or how ancient the practise is.......... Please no one post trying to debunk and disprove me, because "i" know its real. If you have any ideas and/or practices you use OR expereiences of this matter yourself I would like to discuss them with you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSquatting_Otter
Freedom Code

Loc: point no point
Re: Breathing!! [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2455661 - 03/20/04 11:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

the key to health is diet before energy work.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Breathing!! [Re: Squatting_Otter]
    #2455683 - 03/20/04 11:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I understand this, but I am passed the diet/exercise stage and am looking to improve my energy flow/breating technices! thats not to say that a combanation of the 2 wont work as synergy \

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
    #2455759 - 03/20/04 11:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

man the power of our minds is so unreal
the things you can experience with your own body
ive been doing chakra meditations, like moving up each chakra on the body and meditating on it until you reach the crown chakra.. i wont go into detail but ive had some pretty unreal sensations
when i get to ajna (the final chakra) i get these feelings like...
the best way to get a feel for it would be too take about 4 cans of nitrous in one go...

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2455773 - 03/20/04 11:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

imlearning to breath as well, i try to do it all day and evry day, trying to focus my mind and it wants to go it's own way, i just tried that for a minute focus on the God enrgy {breath in} and out with the self, very peaceful and refreashing :thumbup:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2456296 - 03/21/04 03:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

>I need advice from experts on the subject.
-Well, I consider myself an expert... I've been breathing before you were even born! Heh...

Breathing is an autonomous function of the body, meaning you will continue to breath while unconcious because it is something your body does automatically. Breathing is something that you can also controll, of course, and I'll admit there are some pretty nifty things you can do by regulating how you breath. One thing you can do is lower your heart rate and increase it. Also try holding your breath, after awhile you may get a panic sensation for the urgency to breath. You can also take fast or deep breaths which will reduce the level of CO2 in your blood giving you tingeling sensations and eventually fainting (temporary ego loss) Run for 30 seconds and you find your respitory system working harder to supply "life energy" to your body. My mother was a respitory therapist; she could probably explain the effects that breathing has on your body better than I ever could.

Remember, there is no way a person can determine the difference between a "fact" that was created internally, and one that was percieved through the senses. This is why warnings flags pop up in my mind when someone asks me to "imagine" something while developing it with repeat practices untill my conviction to it as a truth becomes absolute. I also try my best to stay away from things that I "know" but which can't be duplicated by another person getting THE SAME results. My advice is to look at the effects of breathing from a medical standpoint; the respitory system has been studied in depth and can probably answer some of the things you seek.

By the way, it is my opinion that people should be exposed to a broad spectrum of opinions to avoid developing a narrow view during the human experience. You said you wanted to talk to someone who had experience with breathing, particularly those that gave you different kinds of feelings. A few years ago I was at a freinds house and he performed a breathing "trick" that resulted in a vision of himself traveling down a hill at a fast speed and very low to the ground while traveling on his back... This same "trick" was done to other people I knew, independant of this particular freind and they had similar "out of body" experiences (with one person who kicked and called out names of people he never met). There is something I have that explains this from a medical standpoint, but I figured you'd want to try it for yourself and incorperate it into your own belief system before accepting any veiw that might seem to too... scientific.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2457011 - 03/21/04 12:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i breathe for peace.
i.e. when i inhale i breahte through my heels(you have to do it to understand).

inhale through nose,
fill belly with nice, full breath(draw breathe from your nose and heels, to your center, your navel),
exhale through nose,
repeat.

its kind of hard to explain,
sorry.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Breathing!! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2457299 - 03/21/04 02:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"Remember, there is no way a person can determine the difference between a "fact" that was created internally, and one that was percieved through the senses."

Nono, there IS a way a person can determine fact and fiction, its by experience, faith, understanding, and outcome(in that order I think) Anyways, good info on the scientific veiwpoint of breathing... I think that these "sensations" are natural and we all[can] feel them, but that doesent mean that the energy felt is not real 'energy' its the enrgy of our bodies.... you sai d something like .....'breathing can be used to slow or fasten the heartrate'..... well if this is so, why could breathing not be used to fasten(or increase energy) to other parts of the body as well, and building even further on that, why couldent that energy be directed by your will outside, and inside your body to help achieve your goal?(yes yes, I know your reply to why: it cant be proven! )

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2457655 - 03/21/04 05:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

What I meant to convey was that the mind cannot distinguish between a percieved event (through the senses) and one created within the mind. This is why people with schizophrenia may have a hard accepting that something they know is real really isn't outside of their reality.

I think the sensation of energy we get from breathing deeply is real energy. When we run, we use oxygen more quickly and we need to breath deeper and faster to replace this... or else stop running. I think this kind of energy should be described bio-chemically and not metaphysically because it's something that can be studied with predictable results.

>'breathing can be used to slow or fasten the heartrate'..... well if this is so, why could breathing not be used to fasten(or increase energy) to other parts of the body as well
-Well, breathing techniques definantly improve the perfomance ability of muscles over at least for as long as your using the techniques. Besides, the circulatory system and the respiratory system work together to provide oxygen and carry away carbon dioxide to different parts of the body... this is why it's easy to understand why altering the rate of one will affect the rate of the other.

>and building even further on that, why couldent that energy be directed by your will outside, and inside your body to help achieve your goal?
-This energy isn't like a built up charge like static electricity... it's better described as the potential work that part of your body can do. Shooting bolts of lightning and throwing balls of pure energy don't exist outside of Dragon Ball and psipog.org

Aren't you interested at all in the technique that can induce out of body experiences... such as floating on your back and traveling down a road in a country you've never been in? Something like that I thought would be right up your ally.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Breathing!! [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #2457841 - 03/21/04 06:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

>and building even further on that, why couldent that energy be directed by your will outside, and inside your body to help achieve your goal?
"-This energy isn't like a built up charge like static electricity... it's better described as the potential work that part of your body can do. Shooting bolts of lightning and throwing balls of pure energy don't exist outside of Dragon Ball and psipog.org"

Once again you misundestood what I said... I dident mean shooting psi balls to vanquish foes :smile: I meant using the internal energy created to project outward to increase potency of your attacks, and to project inwards to increase the gracefulness of your movments and defense in combat.

"I think the sensation of energy we get from breathing deeply is real energy. When we run, we use oxygen more quickly and we need to breath deeper and faster to replace this... or else stop running. I think this kind of energy should be described bio-chemically and not metaphysically because it's something that can be studied with predictable results.
"

Define 'real' energy. Your kinda employing a double standard in this argument... theres definatly similarity between the metapysical and 'bio-chemical' energy as you call it, but lets not get confused as to what that statement really means. There is no predictability that can be studied in this field, besides your own personall experience... that would be like trying to predict bruce lee's next attack or counter, which could theorecticly be done, based on  previous move by the oponent, but there is also the unknown factor of surpise, which could cause him to spin off an attack the oposition was not expecting. ERRR we are getting way off topic from breathing :

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#2458644 - 03/21/04 10:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not going to define what real energy is, because there are many different approaches to the study of it. I will say that anything that you have to imagine into existance (and this goes for things other than energy) isn't real... and if the power you gain is only in your mind I don't see how this is going to help in a match.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Nitrous Oxide

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology