Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: nooneman]
    #24529001 - 08/04/17 01:13 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Insane how a coin just appears out of thin air and is valued at $1000. What in the fuck? Stonehenge I hope you sold all that shit you'd be sitting on 50k free money.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehowsyournaggerdoin
Happy

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: ManianFH]
    #24529041 - 08/04/17 02:18 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Implying anyone is actually buying this shit at 1k$

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24529538 - 08/04/17 09:52 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Coinbase actually IS giving their customers their rightful BCC. They were never going to just not give customers their BCC. Having said that, I'm not the biggest fan of coinbase, but they are in fact storing their customer's BCC and will be allowing access in the near future when they implement BCC on their network.

BCC is just another altcoin though. Never going to go anywhere. If I was to buy an alt coin, it wouldn't be BCC.

I have a distinct (and quite possibly flawed, I hope) feeling that a good chunk of their reasoning there was public outcry...

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: howsyournaggerdoin]
    #24529625 - 08/04/17 10:28 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

howsyournaggerdoin said:
Implying anyone is actually buying this shit at 1k$

That was the exchange price. I mean people's bids and asks were going at that level.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Invisiblepivotingpenguin

2 [Re: CLIT] * 1
    #24529646 - 08/04/17 10:38 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Bitcoin<p>Reason for deletion: none

Edited by pivotingpenguin (10/21/17 08:59 PM)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: pivotingpenguin]
    #24530160 - 08/04/17 03:32 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The highest I ever saw bcc at was about 500 and good luck selling any at that price. Now its down quite a bit, around 200. I plan to buy more when things settle a little. People are dumping it because they got it free and want to cash in. Its an offshoot of btc so it will go up in the long run, imo

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24531982 - 08/05/17 09:50 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Well well well, btc hit over 3200 today and is hovering in the 3100s as we speak. Far from crashing, bitcoin is soaring ever higher. My investments have paid off once again. I own well over 50 coins now, I picked up several yesterday alone. Time to rub my hands together and cackle with glee. Get on board before it hits the moon.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24532004 - 08/05/17 09:58 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Well well well, btc hit over 3200 today and is hovering in the 3100s as we speak. Far from crashing, bitcoin is soaring ever higher. My investments have paid off once again. I own well over 50 coins now, I picked up several yesterday alone. Time to rub my hands together and cackle with glee. Get on board before it hits the moon.

Many investors in the precious metals sector have turned very bullish on Bitcoin and other crypto currencies the past 2 years.

The breakout of Bitcoin and others is good for gold/silver, it shows what's going to happen down the road.

I have heard of some pretty high levels that these guys are predicting for Bitcoin, 6 figures and higher. :shrug:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: qman]
    #24532089 - 08/05/17 10:34 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, the naysayers and haters have been proven wrong time and time again. Yes there has been fluctuation and btc price has fallen a few times but never by much and then it always shoots back up and goes to new heights like it did today. I bought quite a few around 2700, I was sticking my neck out cause it could go back down but I'm bullish on the long run.

In a few years people will be saying "I could have bought when it was $3200 now its $22,000" Then years later they will say they could have bought when it was 22k and now its ...

Meanwhile, ether is languishing at 244. It too is probably a good investment. B grade rather than A+ grade like btc

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #24532214 - 08/05/17 11:30 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
The highest I ever saw bcc at was about 500 and good luck selling any at that price. Now its down quite a bit, around 200.

On Kraken, it topped out the morning of issuance at around $800, but volume was painfully low as the exchange was getting hammered and thus practically unusable.  By the time I could place orders, I unloaded at $450 per BCH coin.  Unfortunately, the coins in my private wallet are sidelined as there was no option to fund exchange accounts with BCH when they started trading.

In fact, it was because of this artificially low liquidity that I felt it was prudent to unload whatever I could.  Coinbase was holding millions of BCH that couldn't be moved, private wallets were sidelined in a similar manner, so only isolated pockets of trade could take place on exchanges that immediately credited client accounts with the new coin.  It was pretty much a no brainer to sell it ASAP.

Quote:

nooneman said:
Coinbase actually IS giving their customers their rightful BCC. They were never going to just not give customers their BCC. Having said that, I'm not the biggest fan of coinbase, but they are in fact storing their customer's BCC and will be allowing access in the near future when they implement BCC on their network.

As for Coinbase, :facepalm:.  It was a boner move and a public relations nightmare.  I mean, they're saying that the estimated release date for BCH on their exchange will be in January 2018 :wtf:.  Maybe customers get lucky and the forced holding period will allow BCH to increase in value to epic proportions... or maybe miners will give up on the forked blockchain and it will be practically worthless by then.  Probably something in between. In either case, the coins exist and any exchange with their client's best interest in mind would make the coins available to said clients as soon as humanly possible.  I'm happy with my $450 windfall per coin.  Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: geokills] * 1
    #24532279 - 08/05/17 11:49 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I keep saying avoid coinbase but the fanboys kept saying "no its good, won't do you wrong"

Oh, btw, btc is now 3331 on stamp and rising. All aboard, next destination the moon.

--------------------

OfflineEyeof
 User Gallery
Loc: Argentina
    #24534157 - 08/06/17 06:36 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I honestly thought btc was going to tank hard with all the Aug 1 scares...glad I didn't jump ship. HODL!!

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: Eyeof]
    #24539262 - 08/08/17 02:32 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

3450 at this moment and rising. Next stop the moon, destination pluto then the nearest star. All aboard

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24547127 - 08/11/17 09:44 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Hodl indeed! oh btw, coin is up around 3650 at the moment. The moon here we come. I sold lots of coin at 1200, bought, sold made some nice profit and decided the best place to put it is right back in btc. It kind of hurts to think of all the coin you sold for 2k or less and then buy more at 3k or higher. But the right move is not always the easy obvious move. So far btc has done everything I said it would and even surprised me.

We keep expecting a correction but instead it goes up even farther. The bears are getting trampled bigtime. I just bought more coin tonight

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24548028 - 08/12/17 11:04 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I hate to keep saying I told you so but coin just passed 3800. I lied, I love saying it ha ha ha ha. Who was it that was sure btc was about to crash? 3830 stamp, 3860 finex

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

#24548656 - 08/12/17 04:34 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
I hate to keep saying I told you so but coin just passed 3800. I lied, I love saying it ha ha ha ha. Who was it that was sure btc was about to crash? 3830 stamp, 3860 finex

As the US debt ceiling and budget get going this fall, it will only cause more to get out of the US dollar. Bitcoin will trade higher.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: qman]
    #24549146 - 08/12/17 08:39 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, it just passed 4k and no end in sight. Even the coin I bought today has paid off already and I was thinking it might have been dumb to buy.

--------------------

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

#24552016 - 08/13/17 09:35 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Yep, it just passed 4k and no end in sight. Even the coin I bought today has paid off already and I was thinking it might have been dumb to buy.

Enron.

Also, again, bitcoin and all other cryptos are currently based on the USD.  If and when it switches to another currency, it will still be based on another fiat currency.  There is no inherent value to cryptos.  The faith is made up of a microcosm of the world population, and none of those people have a military at their disposal...unless of course, you buy into the conspiracy theory that Goldman or other bankers are actually behind the crypto-craze.

Invisibleamp244
Sporocarp Stretching

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: Tulipslave]
    #24552194 - 08/13/17 11:09 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Its not "based on" any currency. It is traded in multiple currencies and is itself a currency. If the USD crashed, bitcoin would soar.

--------------------
How to Convert a Normal 24-hour Light Timer into a Short Cycle Repeating Timer

"Monopoly, besides, is a great enemy to good management, which can never be universally established but in consequence of that free and universal competition which forces everybody to have recourse in it for the sake of self-defense." -Adam Smith

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: Is Bitcoin actually a good investment? [Re: amp244]
    #24552649 - 08/14/17 07:38 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

amp244 said:
Its not "based on" any currency. It is traded in multiple currencies and is itself a currency. If the USD crashed, bitcoin would soar.

In most places, BTC is valued in USD.  Certainly, in Asian countries, it may be valued on localized currency.  USD is currently the world reserve currency, hence many valuations fall back to USD, ultimately.  If USD fails, then BTC will be valued in another currency, or currencies while the battle begins for the new world reserve currency. 

NO ONE goes to a store or online retailer and exchanges BTC for goods or services directly, as BTC has no inherent value or power-backed, faith-instilling medium (aka a military and/or lawyers).  The cost of the good or service in BTC is first translated into USD, or whatever example national currency, and then approved. 

BTC has no practical value, in this sense.  Liken it to a checking account or credit card.  The credit or debit card one uses may or may not be accepted at all locations.  Why?  Because the digital numbers involved in those accounts or not REAL money, they REPRESENT real money, as well as network costs involved in running transactions can be prohibitive for some companies to use one or more networks.  Physical dollars, or physical goods/services that can be bartered for, are real stores of value.  They have tangible, practical use.

If all other dominant currencies failed, BTC would be worthless, aside from being a "collectible", until the majority of BTC holders and users AGREED that BTC has value apart from other fiats and agreed upon what its value would be.

Edit - At best, BTC and other cryptos would be best used for speculative gains, short- or medium-term, or illicit transactions that garner a potential amount of, though not complete, anonymity.  Long-term holding as a protection against inflation or potential fiat failures is a ridiculous notion. 

Edited by Tulipslave (08/14/17 07:48 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale