Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown.
    #24548640 - 08/12/17 04:22 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone notice this or have you noticed this,

It seems that the harvests I have seen from cakes, once dried they stay a nicer white and gold color, while harvests from bulk grows using hpoo gypsum verm etc, once dried I have seen a lot of bluing and stems turning black near the bottom and just not looking as nice...

what could be the cause of this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineragehottie
Everything's better when ur high
Male User Gallery

Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: NOUS333]
    #24548704 - 08/12/17 05:01 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just a random thought: maybe you take better care harvesting a couple mushrooms off of a cake versus harvesting a bunch.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: ragehottie]
    #24549194 - 08/12/17 09:04 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ragehottie said:
Just a random thought: maybe you take better care harvesting a couple mushrooms off of a cake versus harvesting a bunch.

nope...same exact process.

OfflineRealmLAir
Stranger
Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: NOUS333]
    #24549412 - 08/12/17 10:44 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

i just harvested off both (for my first time) and noticed that the AA+ i grew on cakes were meatier (thicker caps and stems) and did stay "prettier" through the dehydrator....but i think the extra "care and attention" that went into the cakes made it so.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: RealmLAir]
    #24550435 - 08/13/17 11:28 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RealmLAir said:
i just harvested off both (for my first time) and noticed that the AA+ i grew on cakes were meatier (thicker caps and stems) and did stay "prettier" through the dehydrator....but i think the extra "care and attention" that went into the cakes made it so.

did you notice bluing/blacking near the bottom of the stems?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #24550461 - 08/13/17 11:37 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Do a dozen more grows and you'll see a dozen more things. You've got a handful of grows under your belt you're not seeing a big difference between methods you're seeing the differences between grows.

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24550859 - 08/13/17 02:19 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Do a dozen more grows and you'll see a dozen more things. You've got a handful of grows under your belt you're not seeing a big difference between methods you're seeing the differences between grows.

Remove yourself from my posts.  You do not know me, or my history.

If you have nothing productive to say, do not say it at all.

And, for a minute, to entertain your assumption that I have only a few grows under my belt, and I need to do a dozen more, I've seen other dried harvests from other growers, with the same exact phenomena, which is partly, the only reason I made this a post...because I feel because of that observation, it must be common for others in the community.

Any time I have encountered 'dirty' looking dried mushrooms, they've been grown on bulk, and I've encountered this a dozen times alone from other peoples harvests, in addition to the dozen times I've harvested cakes/bulk.

This isn't to say I have seen this happen in EVERY case of bulk grow, but most, to the point I thought this thread would be worth making, and maybe someone might be able shed light on why this happens.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
    #24550919 - 08/13/17 02:41 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

And, for a minute, to entertain your assumption that I have only a few grows under my belt, and I need to do a dozen more, I've seen other dried harvests from other growers, with the same exact phenomena, which is partly, the only reason I made this a post...because I feel because of that observation, it must be common for others in the community.

Any time I have encountered 'dirty' looking dried mushrooms, they've been grown on bulk, and I've encountered this a dozen times alone from other peoples harvests, in addition to the dozen times I've harvested cakes/bulk.

This isn't to say I have seen this happen in EVERY case of bulk grow, but most, to the point I thought this thread would be worth making, and maybe someone might be able shed light on why this happens.

You're a ******* ***** noob. Bodhi is exactly right. Go get some experience before you try to put on your big boy pants.

Mod Edit: let's not flame in MC

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Edited by bodhisatta (08/13/17 05:59 PM)

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #24551370 - 08/13/17 05:46 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

anybody with anything more relevant to lend to this discussion I would still love to hear from you, since the two experts above had no useful information on the subject. Thanks in advance. :smile:

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24551389 - 08/13/17 05:57 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes it happens sometimes not has nothing to do with cakes vs bulk. More culture and soggy vs properly hydrated shrooms. You wanted and educated conversation but handled my comment like a 13 year old girl.

Maybe you've smoked a bowl by now... Best of luck

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24551405 - 08/13/17 06:06 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Quote:

NOUS333 said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

You're a fucking idiot noob. Bodhi is exactly right. Go get some experience before you try to put on your big boy pants.

"a fucking idiot noob." I had big boy hair before your mom had to take you to abercrombie and fitch and get you big boy pants
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Sometimes it happens sometimes not has nothing to do with cakes vs bulk. More culture and soggy vs properly hydrated shrooms. You wanted and educated conversation but handled my comment like a 13 year old girl.

Maybe you've smoked a bowl by now... Best of luck

Um no, you answered another post just the other day of mine with an answer that automatically told me to go grow more mushrooms before asking questions while you have absolutely no idea of my experience with them. none.  and you did it here to, so I politely asked you to just not be part of this discussion...Other people eventually came along and HAD an educated conversation and that was that.

People are sick and tired of being treated like shit just for seeking information.  Acting like a 16 year old is seeking out people looking for help and shitting on them, Not defending your question once that happens to you.  Have a good one :smile:

Edited by NOUS333 (08/13/17 06:12 PM)

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24551407 - 08/13/17 06:08 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

More opinions related to the original topic still GREATLY WELCOMED

Offlineafrekcan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: NOUS333] * 1
    #24551499 - 08/13/17 06:47 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I have not noticed a difference. If I handle them carefuly and dry them quickly they don't bruise.

--------------------

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: afrekcan]
    #24552093 - 08/13/17 10:16 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry that you can't take Bod's direct answer to your question

mod edit:
cleaning up

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Edited by bodhisatta (08/14/17 12:20 AM)

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
Re: differences in dried harvests between cake grown, and bulk grown. [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #24552113 - 08/13/17 10:27 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

To directly answer your question, cake grows and bulk grows give the same type of fruits. It depends on envrionmental conditions as to how healthy your fruits are. Perfect cake grows tend to give fewer mushrooms of the same size as perfect bulk grows, with a better BE of the grain, where most of your nutririon is. Your bulk sub is mostly water and micronutrients which is what makes the difference between a perfect grow and a good grow. BRF and verm just don't provide all you need.

You, like a noob, decided to compare MS grows, which are thousands of strains, instead of learning how to isolate something consistent. You do bad experiments. Try an isolate side by side and you won't see this bullshit.

mod edit:
cleaning up

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

Edited by bodhisatta (08/14/17 12:21 AM)

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24552270 - 08/14/17 12:18 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
To directly answer your question, cake grows and bulk grows give the same type of fruits. It depends on envrionmental conditions as to how healthy your fruits are. Perfect cake grows tend to give fewer mushrooms of the same size as perfect bulk grows, with a better BE of the grain, where most of your nutririon is. Your bulk sub is mostly water and micronutrients which is what makes the difference between a perfect grow and a good grow. BRF and verm just don't provide all you need.

You, like a noob, decided to compare MS grows, which are thousands of strains, instead of learning how to isolate something consistent. You do bad experiments. Try an isolate side by side and you won't see this bullshit.

I said cake grows look healthier dried, and you give me reason why they would be the ones to be worse off, when it's the bulk grows I am saying that darken more when dried........um ok.

and

No I would still like to know why when drying, harvests from cakes tend to stay white and harvests from bulk tend to darken, consistently, in my grows, in friends grows, and in grows of many people I've ran into over the course of my life that grew and sold from bulk, and grew and sold from cakes... Just something I've noticed.

Why don't I post more? because I've been busy living life, and I only created this account because 4 others were deleted because I didn't handle people like you so nicely. So I'm going to continue ignoring your, "issue", and get back to the matter at hand.

So multi spore inoculate, causes fruits to darken when dried?

This is what I should take from your library of wisdom?

Edited by bodhisatta (08/14/17 12:22 AM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24552273 - 08/14/17 12:23 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

MS creates fruits of varying consistency. some darken when dries some don't. Some have different moisture contents from your conditions and water content etc...

OfflineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#24552275 - 08/14/17 12:27 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
MS creates fruits of varying consistency. some darken when dries some don't. Some have different moisture contents from your conditions and water content etc...

so can a difference in water content( there usually being more in bulk than in cakes I assume) cause this darkening ie: if a harvest has a heavier water content could this add to the darkening due to a longer period of drying, or something along these lines?

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24552280 - 08/14/17 12:36 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

along those lines and sometimes certain genetics just bruise more, which doesn't seem to go hand in hand with potency

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds