Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Lsd as a fuel for social change
    #2452620 - 03/19/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

One cant help but notice the facts of the past, during the late 1960's there was a significant amount of people that protested the goverment and called for a shift in american society. This time peroid went hand in hand with the explosion of LSD upon the american culture.

"in 1969 alone major demonstrations were held at nearly 300 colleges and universties nation wide during the spring of 1969, involvoing 1/3 of the nations students."

there were demonstrations of the democratic national convention, demonstrations at the pentagon, all over the country people were speaking out publicly about what they felt was wrong with america.

Fast forward 45 years to present day, and you will find people thinking the exact same things about this country and the world, yet you will be hard pressed to find these feelings outside of the thoughts of those that are un-satisfied.
Many people have large problems with the following things
-The war in Iraq and current presidential polocy
-The current state of international relations
-The patriot acts, and the loss of rights and privacy which our country was founded on
-The destruction of the ecosystem and many more.

things are just as screwed up as they were then if not more, there is just as much political dis-satisfaction, yet the the public outcry is just above a whisper.

strictly speaking lsd is neither a trancendental sacrement nor an anxiety producing agent,. Rather, it is a non specific amplifier of psychic and social processes.
"it makes you more of what you are"- aldous huxely

Although LSD itself does not cause people to protest, it may have awoken a need to protest within those that turned on, lsd was the flame that lit the fuse.

I sincerely feel that inside of society today there is a significant amount of the population that has the very same fuse within themselves, waiting to have it lit.

could a massive resurgence of LSD bring about a similar period of protest and social change just as it did in the late 1960's?
Or perhaps any exposure to a psychadelic state of mind or chemical would have similar effects. perhaps a mass proliferation of psilocybn, 2c-e, STP, or any other psychadelics could have the same fuse lighting effect.

IMHO we need to all light our fuses and change the path of this wayward country before it crashes head on into the problems it is creating for itself.

comments?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2452731 - 03/19/04 07:32 PM (20 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

could a massive resurgence of LSD bring about a similar period of protest and social change just as it did in the late 1960's?
Or perhaps any exposure to a psychadelic state of mind or chemical would have similar effects. perhaps a mass proliferation of psilocybn, 2c-e, STP, or any other psychadelics could have the same fuse lighting effect.

Oddly, even before I read your post, the first thing that came to my mind was that I wonder if any new research chemicals could affect the nation as much as LSD has. Following that I thought of 2C-E.  :thumbup:

I wonder if any new chemicals could affect the world as much as the old ones have. It's a possibility, but it wasn't just the acid that changed America. It was the people's views and determination, set off by harsh circumstances, such as a war no one wants and drafts. We have the former, but not the latter, and even if we did, it's a possibility most people are too brainwashed by now to do anything about it.

Changes always come; no one should worry about that. And with change brings renewed thoughts of the people, something the government wants to protect us from, protect us from ourselves and our  :3rd_eye: ability. I think then, with change, and only then, will the people finally rise and say enough of the horror.

Good read.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2453651 - 03/20/04 05:58 AM (20 years, 13 days ago)

Good thread.

Research chemicals will never take the place of LSD though. They're not as good. There's a limit to how much you can take. And the body load is a lot heavier, so it can't be taken as often.

They can be useful, but LSD won't be unseated as the psychedelic of choice. Even if someone figures out how to produce cheap synthetic mescaline and is able to mass distribute it, it wouldn't unseat LSD as the king of mind expanders IMO.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2454485 - 03/20/04 01:31 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

as i noted in an earlier thread..protesting can serve no other purpose in the US than to strengthen the resolve of its right-wing leaders...that was as true back then as it is now..the current expansion of authoritarianism actually began in the early 1970s..."social change" in the US involves changing this dynamic..something that LSD obviously couldnt do...so while LSD is a very useful tool in many respects..political football isnt one of them...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2454556 - 03/20/04 01:48 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

Anything that can cause such a shift in consciousness is bound to cause some people who use it to "wake up", which can lead to social change.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: Learyfan]
    #2454734 - 03/20/04 02:46 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

But how do you know the shift in consciousness will always be positive? The shift in consciousness doesn't necessarily have a single direction to go, nor does the social change it could bring about.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2454862 - 03/20/04 03:31 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

as i noted in an earlier thread..protesting can serve no other purpose in the US than to strengthen the resolve of its right-wing leaders

anna which post was that, i can't locate it. help mabus by posting the thread title please  :smile:

Quote:

..."social change" in the US involves changing this dynamic 

any ideas on how to change this dynamic?  :smile:

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2454933 - 03/20/04 03:52 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

bound to cause some people who use it to "wake up",

"Some" being the operative word...(I don't think there's much hope for lysergic/enima etc)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: mabus]
    #2455241 - 03/20/04 05:44 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

anna which post was that, i can't locate it. help mabus by posting the thread title please

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2455311 - 03/20/04 06:07 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

thanks for the link. after reading your position i'd like to try and sway your opinion. i can say that peaceful protests in america are different from peaceful protests in europe. the american style of protesting is really lame and shameful. its no wonder nothing really comes from it. in european countries peaceful protests are much different; tactics are employed that make the planning of the police impotent, its just totally different, and alot more effective.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: mabus]
    #2455484 - 03/20/04 07:52 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

the american style of protesting is really lame and shameful.

thats prolly because of the USA-PATRIOT act and a series of adjutant laws meant to protect the junta...it wasnt always like that..as witness seattle...but even without those restrictions..and had the european methods been copied..the result would have still been the same...nor do i have any clue has to how to make the process that yields that result work any differently either...

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2455963 - 03/20/04 11:22 PM (20 years, 13 days ago)

if you want to i'll show you how its done. what do you want to protest and change in mass?

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: silversoul7]
    #2456818 - 03/21/04 08:51 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
But how do you know the shift in consciousness will always be positive? The shift in consciousness doesn't necessarily have a single direction to go, nor does the social change it could bring about.

Right, the shift in consciousness that psychedelics provide doesn't necessarily go one way. However, I believe that the nature of LSD is that of "peace and love". An example of that would be Dead shows, Haight Ashbury in the sixties and The Rainbow Family.

More often than not, LSD causes people to become more peaceful and understanding.

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2456839 - 03/21/04 09:04 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Sorry, LF - I disagree.
Read Acid Dreams:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0802130623
and Storming Heaven:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0802135870/

LSD was deliberately used by our government for truly fucked up ends -- LSD is a tool.  A powerful tool with great power for positive ends, but still a tool.
I don't want to seem like I'm diminishing it by calling it such, since I'd also call fire a tool in this context.  The positive impact of LSD came from the desire of people using it to make positive change, and I'll even grant the idea that it has a positive inclination to it,
but it's more like magick.  The idea of it being used for negative purposes makes me think of some book I read where a good dragon was imprisoned and forced to power engines of destruction.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: valour]
    #2456876 - 03/21/04 09:38 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

I've read "Storming Heaven" twice. It's a great book.

You're right. LSD is a tool. That doesn't change my opinion that the nature of LSD is that of peace and love. The CIA did some fucked up things with it such as dosing people surreptitiously to see what happens, etc.., but more often than not, LSD will cause people to be more understanding, peaceful and loving.

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2456987 - 03/21/04 10:43 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Guess all that should matter is that we continue using it to positive ends, eh? :smile:

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: valour]
    #2457100 - 03/21/04 11:21 AM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Absolutely.

I haven't done LSD close to 3 years. I'm going to try and get some this summer. It's time.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2457256 - 03/21/04 12:28 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Right, the shift in consciousness that psychedelics provide doesn't necessarily go one way. However, I believe that the nature of LSD is that of "peace and love". An example of that would be Dead shows, Haight Ashbury in the sixties and The Rainbow Family.

But did LSD create these things, or did these things attract those kind of LSD users? Wasn't Charles Manson also heavily into LSD?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Lsd as a fuel for social change [Re: silversoul7]
    #2457312 - 03/21/04 12:47 PM (20 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

But did LSD create these things, or did these things attract those kind of LSD users?

LSD brought those people together.

Quote:

Wasn't Charles Manson also heavily into LSD?

Yes, but that doesn't change my statement. LSD will more than likely cause people to become more peaceful and loving people. My theory as to why this is, is because LSD temporarily removes your "filter of conditioning". This filter and the illusion of separateness is what keeps people apart. Once this illusionary vale has been lifted, people are able to better see the true nature of the universe, i.e. that we are all one being and that we love each other dearly.

Just my opinion though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom