Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

2 more charged with growing shrooms
    #24547463 - 08/12/17 12:58 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Aug 11, 2017

Williams County, North Dakota- Two men were charged Thursday with growing hallucinogenic mushrooms, bringing the total of such arrests this month to three.

Jeremy Richardson, 34, and Tyler Olsen, 28, were both charged with manufacturing a controlled substance, a class B felony, and both class A and class B misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia. Richardson was also charged with a class B misdemeanor count of possession of a controlled substance.

Police say the men, who shared an apartment, had the material to grow multiple batches of psilocybin mushrooms.

A search of Olsen’s bedroom turned up four syringes containing a black liquid and labeled as containing different strains of Psilocybe cubensis, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed in Northwest District Court.

Northwest Narcotics Task Force agents also found a bong, a storage container and a grinder with marijuana residue, as a journal with notes on psilocybin growing, charging documents state.

Police found three plastic bags containing a total of about 15 pounds of rye grain they believed to have been inoculated with psilocybin spores, seven glass jars containing psilocybin and various growing supplies, court records said.

In Richardson’s bedroom police found a bag of marijuana and two pipes, one with methamphetamine residue and one with marijuana residue, according to charging documents.

Various kinds of other growing supplies were found throughout the apartment, police said, including a book titled “The Mushroom Cultivator.”

Their arrest follows the arrest last week of Jerilee Hughes, 32, for manufacture of a controlled substance, and other drug-related charges. Police said they found 14 jars of the hallucinogenic mushrooms in her home, according to charging documents.

Hughes was charged Monday and released on $10,000 bond.

At a bond hearing Thursday afternoon, Williams County prosecutor Christopher Votova said neither man has a significant criminal history, but that the charges were serious. If convicted, both men could face more than 10 years in prison.

“It sounds like there was quite the operation for manufacturing psilocybin mushrooms,” Votova said.

Richardson and Olsen were both held on $7,500 bond and are due back in court Sept. 7 for preliminary hearings.

http://www.willistonherald.com/news/more-charged-with-shrooms/article_5231c882-7e42-11e7-904b-afa86eeea4a1.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Ogla]
    #24547652 - 08/12/17 04:37 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

15lbs in 7 jars huh?

the "grains" actually arent proven to be inoculated, and it seems like they found zero growth. So, it seems like they got arrested for just grow materials. At most making grain jars. And possessing (legal) mushroom spores. Not even a single shroom growing, and no mycelium is what it seems like. This is pretty fucked up. The law is only broken once you create spawn, but it looks like their other buddy told the cops it was a shroom op. But really. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I think most legit mycologists at least at some point have worked with cubensis (what easier way to learn?) and might have some spores around, they could have been working with shiitakes for all these cops know.

This is a "pre-crime" from what i understand, which means they should be let go. B class felony for 7 jars with nothing growing

This "manufacturing psilocybin" shit has to go, and in this case it isnt even accurate. I dont think any psilocybin was created. i guess their "friend" ratted on the,

Probably wasnt even an active grow, just some materials laying around. No mention of any myc, just "potential" which is prolly bs

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Fractal420]
    #24547840 - 08/12/17 08:38 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just another example of hatred towards people who don't use the right drugs. Just like the hatred for gays who don't act like the right gender, or hatred for people who have the wrong religion.

I thought America was founded on "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" but I guess Americans really don't have the right to a life where they can legally pursue happiness that does not harm others.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: rider420]
    #24547889 - 08/12/17 09:20 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

What else soes everyone expect from jacked up ex-military guys turned cops?

Over course they will overly embellish the entire situation.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24547952 - 08/12/17 10:10 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

cops go out and drink all the time

none of them have fought any wars ever
and they would have retired decades ago if they did
which the LA dept certainly didn't
only blacks and poor people go to war
the whites go to college then indoctrination to become cops

Edited by Konyap (08/12/17 10:18 AM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #24548005 - 08/12/17 10:46 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
15lbs in 7 jars huh?

They might have weighed the glass too.

Quote:

And possessing (legal) mushroom spores.

Psilocybin mushroom spores are a felony to possess in all 50 states if you intend to grow them.

Quote:

Not even a single shroom growing, and no mycelium is what it seems like.

If they inoculated the grains there will be plenty of psilocybin by the time they get around to testing them.

Quote:

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

They are currently presumed innocent, and will get their day in court.

Quote:

they could have been working with shiitakes for all these cops know.

If the things seized test negative for psilocybin, all charges will probably be dropped.

They could press new charges for intent to manufacture for the spores, but that is pretty rare.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #24548029 - 08/12/17 11:05 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Lol at their day in court.

At best they get some sloppy fat ass lawyer who sobered up just long enough to ask a few defense questions.  Lawyers are hugely lazy and stupid and can't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisiblepuff4200
Natural born lever puller

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24549060 - 08/12/17 07:57 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

:whathesaid: I bet NO ONE can think of a time in any point in the past 40 years that a lawyer has got someone off who is obviously guilty *cough* Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, countless other no name criminals *cough*. Not to get the thread off topic that was just one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: puff4200]
    #24549234 - 08/12/17 09:24 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Jeez.

No one should have their damn mycelium confiscated. And Alan, you dont have to side with the dudes who got caught, but it seems that you are okay with P. cubensis being criminal/this type of operation. I know that you are a serious mycologist so to me thats very sad.

The reason being i want mycologists in general to stand up for P. Cubensis instead of acknowledging the whole species as an "illicit drug"

and its not. I legitimately think if someone wants a cubensis terrarium to just watch and keep growing, thats fucking great in itself. They are beauties

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #24549816 - 08/13/17 05:19 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Varieties*

OfflineCagney
Hanging with my Shroomy's
 User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Adden] * 1
    #24549831 - 08/13/17 05:32 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yea I agree, the police are blowing that shit out of proportion. I'm amazed they didn't go in the house in full hazmat gear treating it like a toxic methlab just to stick an extra fine on those poor fellas. I do have to say though, those fellas look like they may need to leave the shrooms alone and focus more on getting their shit together.

--------------------

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings."

OfflineShroomyBudz
지혜
 User Gallery

Loc: Space Cadet
Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Cagney]
    #24549870 - 08/13/17 06:24 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------
.                      Explore the unknown!
                      :aliendance:
                      Love forever & always..
                                      :heart:
:pm: me if you ever need anything! I try to check them daily! :cool:

Offlinefractalgod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: ShroomyBudz]
    #24550351 - 08/13/17 10:52 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I think it said they found psilocybin in a jar, probably little dried bits of mycelium and grain. Pretty sad but these guys knew the risks and must have told the wrong person.

OfflineTheHulk69
Stranger
Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Konyap]
    #24551643 - 08/13/17 07:35 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Wowowo.

You are not generalizing at all...

Your logic is flawless.

Are you really assuming that only black and poor people go to war?

Have you been in the military?

Don't get me wrong, rich people can certainly dodge the military. but that doesn't automatically make everyone who fights for our country "poor or black"

The U.S military has actually gotten more selective about who they take.

In reference to your point about "whites going to college and being indoctrinated to be cops."

Have you literally never seen a asian/latino/black cop? How deluded are you? You don't even have to necessarily go to college to be a cop fyi.

And who gives a fuck if they drink?  Ya its fucked up. They deal with stressful shit. Since you are some high moral judge? The real world is tough bud

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
    #24552733 - 08/14/17 08:43 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
No one should have their damn mycelium confiscated. And Alan, you dont have to side with the dudes who got caught, but it seems that you are okay with P. cubensis being criminal/this type of operation. I know that you are a serious mycologist so to me thats very sad.

I am not ok with psilocybin being illegal, I think all drugs should be legal.  I was saying what the law is.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #24552751 - 08/14/17 08:54 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Wars are fought to get rid of poor people and make old people rich, when they have high unemployment the rich would rather send everyone to war than figure out how to hire more people.

In the 40's it was facism, in the 60's it was communism, in the 80's it was dictatorship. All wars fought thousands of miles away with each friend becoming our enemy years later.
And yes no cops ever fought in any war ever. Cops pre-1980 were like security guards, they would get their asses kicked by the military. They dodged the draft by going to college.
The number of minorities I've heard war stories from outnumber whites like 10:1

Edited by Konyap (08/14/17 09:06 AM)

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
    #24553461 - 08/14/17 03:06 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

This story sucks...those poor guys were only growing for themselves...this is no major drug ring supplying scores or college kids.(lol, not that that is a bad thing either) I sure hope they get off lightly, these stories make me ill. A fucking felony charge.:facepalm3:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

OfflineCagney
Hanging with my Shroomy's
 User Gallery

Re: 2 more charged with growing shrooms [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #24553531 - 08/14/17 03:40 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

:facepalm3:

I looked up that article and also spotted another incident back in June, in Kansas City, Mo.Where a kid supposedly ran over and killed his best friend while on psilocybin mushrooms. After which he went back into his friends and passed out. Smelling a little fishy to me, wtf? I've experienced many trip in my time here on this Earth and I have never been able to just pass out, maybe it's just how my body works. Shit like this really puts thing in a very bad perspective.
  Also saw where the 32 year old woman was arrested right before those two guys from the same area. Sounds a little like she may have started squealing to me, trying to save that ass with her X-rated tshirt on. She looks like she has lived a hard life if she is really 32.

--------------------

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax-- Of cabbages--and kings-- And why the sea is boiling hot-- And whether pigs have wings."

OfflineWeebleWobble
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24553533 - 08/14/17 03:40 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:

The number of minorities I've heard war stories from outnumber whites like 10:1

Not very scientific to base your facts off stories you've heard.

Here's some stats:

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

OfflineTheHulk69
Stranger
    #24553586 - 08/14/17 04:02 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Dude your head is so far up your ass.

Excuse my french, but you are generalizing all over the place and attempting to simplify the world. It's just intellectually lazy. I'll admit I have no clue how alliances,and  enemies work in the context of the world. But writing it off as "friends become enemies" is oversimplifying something that is so complex. I suppose its only natural to defer to the easy explanations when confronted with the chaos and complexity of the world. But you are just generalizing out your ass and running with your subjective experience,  while trying to come off as knowing something.

We're all ignorant in many ways, but at least admit it. Don't parrot the same old shit you here to justify your own subjective beliefs

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale