Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKevyWevz
Stranger
10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated.
    #24545916 - 08/11/17 11:35 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Been looking forward to having a first psilocybin trip for a long time, in all honesty probably expecting too much.

The long term goal has always been heavy introspection but since I'm very chemically sensitive and am currently in Amsterdam with friends I decided to try a beginner's dose. The lady in the (very highly rated, I did my research) smartshop recommended I try 10g of Atlantis truffles to start

I steered clear of weed the day before (only half a brownie the day before that, for the first time ever) and had a mild bit of alcohol the night before (2 bottles of cider).

This morning at circa 9am I had a small bowl of cornflakes and nothing more until I took the truffles at 14:30(in a big park to be closer to nature). About an hour in I felt a bit of spatial distortion, followed by very mild 'breathing' of some of the trees in the park.

But really that was it. No giddyness, no cosmic joke, no introspection, barely anything. On the whole a very indifferent experience.

I am pursuing it further with another trip planned at the tail end of September and will be totally alone on that one, it is intended to be as introspective as possible. O have questions I would really like to quiz my psyche with. Should I look at a different strain? A higher dose is a given but how much higher if changing the strain etc

I'll chalk this up to the lady in the shop not wanting another tourist walking around her city after taking too much of a substance they didn't understand and giving psilocybin a bad name name but I still can't help feel somewhat... disappointed, I guess.

Any input on what I could do next to get more brutally introspective or on why almost nothing happened this time would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by KevyWevz (08/11/17 11:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGoldMold
Stranger in the night
Male User Gallery

Re: 10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated. [Re: KevyWevz]
    #24545934 - 08/11/17 11:46 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Wait a few days and goto 15 or 20 grams.  I'm not sure if dosage advice is aloud tho? If not I'm sorry and ill edit or delete this.

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated. [Re: GoldMold]
    #24545952 - 08/11/17 11:55 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Dosage advice is not allowed.

Never had truffles but I believe at best those are weak.

Get some fruits.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Invisibleconnectedcosmos
Neti Neti
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Pathless Path
Re: 10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated. [Re: GoldMold]
    #24545954 - 08/11/17 11:55 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Dosage advice is allowed in TPE

Up the dosage and try again!

You'll find a sweet spot eventually! Sounds like you atleast dipped your toes!
Go in with no expectations,

With no expectations - no disappointment

--------------------

54. The true nature of things is to be known personally , through the eyes of clear illumination and not through a sage : what the moon exactly is , is to be known with one's own eyes ; can another make him know it?

OfflineKevyWevz
Stranger
Re: 10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated. [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24545958 - 08/11/17 11:56 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Apologies for ask on dosage advice then guys, slip by me

What are fruits?

OfflineThe Mycologist
Explorer

Re: 10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated. [Re: KevyWevz]
    #24545967 - 08/11/17 11:58 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Mushroom fruit bodies instead of sclerotia,

--------------------
"That you are here—that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.”
― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
:acidfire::tmckenna:

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24548520 - 08/12/17 03:22 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I decided to try a beginner's dose. The lady in the (very highly rated, I did my research) smartshop recommended I try 10g of Atlantis truffles to start

I think they do tend to be fairly cautious about dosage advice especially if you specifically ask for a beginner's dose. At 10g you will be lucky to get more than "threshold" effects unless the truffles (sclerotia) are very potent.

Quote:

About an hour in I felt a bit of spatial distortion, followed by very mild 'breathing' of some of the trees in the park. But really that was it. No giddyness, no cosmic joke, no introspection, barely anything. On the whole a very indifferent experience.

Yes, pretty much "threshold" effects, on the borderline where you're not 100% fully sober but not really tripping either.

Quote:

Been looking forward to having a first psilocybin trip for a long time, in all honesty probably expecting too much.

Don't underestimate psilocybin. It takes a certain dose to reach threshold effects, but then when you increase the dose beyond this point the effects ramp up quite rapidly. The optimum dosage window is quite small - for example, it might be that 15g is slightly too weak, but 30g could be unpleasantly strong.

Potency varies quite a bit with sclerotia too. I've eaten a 20g dose of Atlantis in the past and got really strong effects, described in a trip journal as "multi-dimensional annihilation and retribution. Brain torture and sensory overload". That would be quite unexpectedly strong for 20g Atlantis these days!

One reason for the standard tampanensis / mexicana / atlantis generally being a bit on the weak side is because the stronger sclerotia (in reality pretty much the same three species but grown for longer to become more potent) is usually sold under more fancy names, and marketed as a stronger product (which it usually is).

Quote:

I am pursuing it further with another trip planned at the tail end of September and will be totally alone on that one, it is intended to be as introspective as possible. O have questions I would really like to quiz my psyche with. Should I look at a different strain? A higher dose is a given but how much higher if changing the strain etc

I recently tried a 20g dose of "Dragon's Dynamite" which became very introspective, in fact it felt a bit like a 'slap in the face' in terms of really making me think. It wasn't excessively strong, so that might be the kind of dose which is strong enough to give some genuine effects but is not so crazily strong that it would be unsuitable for a (sensible) first-time user wanting a "brutally introspective" experience.

Quote:

I'll chalk this up to the lady in the shop not wanting another tourist walking around her city after taking too much of a substance they didn't understand and giving psilocybin a bad name name but I still can't help feel somewhat... disappointed, I guess.

I guess this kind of dose is designed to be reasonably safe even for someone fairly clueless taking it in inappropriate surroundings just for a bit of a laugh, for example. Also to be honest due to potency variation it would be difficult for the seller to know exactly how strong the trip would be.

For a satisfying first time trip I would probably suggest trying 15g of one of the types advertised as being a bit more potent (maybe not the absolute strongest). Usually that should be enough to get a light-to-medium trip going but nothing that's going to be too overwhelming. The only problem is that *occasionally* 15g of the more potent types is enough to give an unexpectedly powerful trip - like this one: 15g Dragon's Dynamite Sclerotia - an indirect way to experience Egypt.
This is another reason why the smartshops will be a little bit cautious before handing over their stronger types of sclerotia to first-time trippers!

N.B That Dragon's Dynamite has become a fair bit milder over time; like I say I think 20g would be a fairly solid but not overwhelming dose for a first-timer with a serious interest in tripping.

For more info on the same topic see these threads -

Truffle potency & dosage

4 days full immersion?

Also there's my Sclerotia FAQ on Ignatzmice for general info, although the dosage advice on there is a bit out of date and probably overly cautious for the typical potency of tampanensis / mexicana / atlantis around at the moment.

Hopefully your September trip will be more fruitful. If you really want a "brutally introspective" trip I'd suggest it might be better to do it somewhere secluded and private like a hotel room where you can lie down / freak out in peace! :peace:

:sunstone:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineKevyWevz
Stranger
Re: 10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated. [Re: Aldebaran]
    #24549663 - 08/13/17 02:46 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you guys for your respones, and a big thanks to you Aldebaran, I really appreciate the depth and time put into your response :smile:

Quote:

I think they do tend to be fairly cautious about dosage advice especially if you specifically ask for a beginner's dose. At 10g you will be lucky to get more than "threshold" effects unless the truffles (sclerotia) are very potent.

Yes, pretty much "threshold" effects, on the borderline where you're not 100% fully sober but not really tripping either.

I felt it was cautiousness also - though I have spent a lot of time reading about psilocybin and trip reports I purposely did not mention this to the smart-shop staff, I wanted to see where they directed me. Once I mentioned that I had not tried truffles the lady asked if I had ever done any psychedlics. When I confirmed that I hadn't she seemed to go into a little bit of auto-pilot with 'try x batch, take on empty stomach, don't mix with alcohol etc'.

I really shouldn't say I'm disappointed with the experience. I figure I have the rest of my life to experiment with mushies/truffles so the intention with this visit was to see how I reacted to a beginners dose - which was accomplished. I suppose the fact that I was (just a little) disappointed revealed that I was hoping for something more beneath the surface.

Quote:

Potency varies quite a bit with sclerotia too. I've eaten a 20g dose of Atlantis in the past and got really strong effects, described in a trip journal as "multi-dimensional annihilation and retribution. Brain torture and sensory overload". That would be quite unexpectedly strong for 20g Atlantis these days!

Indeed! Definitely don't think I'm ready to really process that experience without being scared off for life at this stage.

Quote:

I recently tried a 20g dose of "Dragon's Dynamite" which became very introspective, in fact it felt a bit like a 'slap in the face' in terms of really making me think. It wasn't excessively strong, so that might be the kind of dose which is strong enough to give some genuine effects but is not so crazily strong that it would be unsuitable for a (sensible) first-time user wanting a "brutally introspective" experience.

N.B That Dragon's Dynamite has become a fair bit milder over time; like I say I think 20g would be a fairly solid but not overwhelming dose for a first-timer with a serious interest in tripping.

This sounds like a good next step for me. As connectedcosmos mentions above, I've dipped my toes so staying with that analogy I would like to go about waist deep next.(though I am aware and open to the fact that the truffle may take me where I need to go not necessarily where I want to go)

Quote:

Also there's my Sclerotia FAQ on Ignatzmice for general info, although the dosage advice on there is a bit out of date and probably overly cautious for the typical potency of tampanensis / mexicana / atlantis around at the moment.

Excellent, many thanks!

Quote:

Hopefully your September trip will be more fruitful. If you really want a "brutally introspective" trip I'd suggest it might be better to do it somewhere secluded and private like a hotel room where you can lie down / freak out in peace! :peace:

:sunstone:

Thank you, my friend. The decision to try the beginners dose this time was purely logistical as I cannot afford many trips to Amsterdam as I am saving for some worldly travels in 2018. For this one I 100% planned on seperating myself from my friends and staying in our hostel room (booked only for the 5 of us, no strangers but they would have not been present all day). However when I advised where I would be they wanted to stay with me to ensure I did not get into any danger (physically and mentally).

So in order not to confine any of them to a hostel room after they paid to visit Amsterdam I thought a good compromise would be a big open nature park. The next visit to Amsterdam (which I booked a few weeks ago) will be totally solo and I will be in a hotel very close to the airport. My ideal scenario would be to have a good trip in the comfort of my own home where my very open-minded house-mates could act as trip-sitters but I am too cautious about bringing anything illegal into the country. Though I have spoken to people who have ordered from vendors with zero hassle I guess my tin-foil hat doesn't want any question mark over my name for future employer back-round checks etc. So something that reasonably could 20-40 bucks end up cost a few hundred each time in order to keep my name clean. I digress, sorry just ranting.

It is approaching mushroom season here however and picking them is of course totally free but since there are also poisonous ones out there I'm not sure how much I trust myself, even with identification threads.

Interesting side-note, my friend did the exact opposite to me. He also had zero psychedelic experience but he took his at 3am after a night of booze and food while needed to get up 4 hours later for a flight. And he had a wonderful time haha. Go figure. But I am glad he had a positive experience.

Edited by KevyWevz (08/13/17 02:47 AM)

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
    #24551544 - 08/13/17 07:00 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The next visit to Amsterdam (which I booked a few weeks ago) will be totally solo and I will be in a hotel very close to the airport.

Hotel tripping FTW! Should be fine for an introspective trip, I prefer to trip in the evening with the interplay of shadows e,t.c from multiple light sources in a typical hotel room..... plus you are unlikely to get disturbed by cleaners e.t.c at that time of day. Personally I like to trip listening to a carefully chosen music playlist on headphones, avoids distractions from external noise and adds to the vibe.

I get the issues with preferring to stay on the right side of the law; Amsterdam is a short hop from the UK so it just seems easier and more fun for me to take short breaks there than get paranoid about a grow op or trying to import sclerotia (being a fresh product it doesn't always travel too well in any case).

The only difficulty is that compared to someone with their own supply, you don't have the same luxury of time to slowly increase your dose on multiple trips and reach an optimum dose- you end up making stabs in the dark which might be too high or (more likely) too low.

I've been discussing the issues with sclerotia potency at length in the concurrent 4 days full immersion? thread; like I say there one possibility is to buy say 30g of sclerotia, eat 15g initially, then re-dose after 90 minutes if the trip is feeling a bit on the weak side (don't necessarily need to eat all 30g but often the ideal dose will be more than one 15g pack but less than two packs).

You can get 20g packs of Dragon's Dynamite in some places which is a pretty good dose, or the 22g High Hawaiians are the "nuclear option" (probably a bit excessive if the aim is introspection but you could always eat two-thirds of a pack and have the rest on standby as a booster dose).

Quote:

Interesting side-note, my friend did the exact opposite to me. He also had zero psychedelic experience but he took his at 3am after a night of booze and food while needed to get up 4 hours later for a flight. And he had a wonderful time haha. Go figure. But I am glad he had a positive experience.

A mild dose of truffles added to booze e.t.c might contribute pleasantly to the general party mood, but as you can imagine it's not advisable on a more substantial dose....

Quote:

I really shouldn't say I'm disappointed with the experience. I figure I have the rest of my life to experiment with mushies/truffles so the intention with this visit was to see how I reacted to a beginners dose - which was accomplished. I suppose the fact that I was (just a little) disappointed revealed that I was hoping for something more beneath the surface.

Can't argue with that.... time to dive beneath the surface....the only way is down!

I'd love to read a report of how your next trip goes... :thumbup:

:aliceshocker: :owl: :feelsshroomyman:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

OfflineKevyWevz
Stranger
Re: 10g Atlantis Truffles for first trip, ultimately disappointing. Any input appreciated. [Re: Aldebaran]
    #24552514 - 08/14/17 05:33 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Trip report is a definite - I am planning to have a notepad and pen and will attempt to put what I can to paper unless I am not lucid enough to do so or I feel that I should simply let myself be absorbed in the experience

Offlinenexusian
you

#24566659 - 08/20/17 05:01 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I had psychedelics for the first time roughly 6 weeks ago. I ordered Atlantis truffles from NL and ate around 25 g. That is the dosage I would recommend, together with fasting (last meal in the afternoon on previous day), meditative mindset (give it at least 30-40 minutes into trip) and away from people.

Having a brownie or alcohol a night before is a no-no.

Edited by nexusian (08/20/17 05:08 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order