Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

Nicotinic acid (niacin) diminishing effects of LSD
    #24540829 - 08/09/17 07:44 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Some time ago I was browsing through the pages of LSD by Otto snow, during this occasion I noticed an excerpt regarding nicotinic acid and LSD:

Quote:

Niacin (NADH-dependent enzyme) "One of the metabolites of LSD in the human body is 2-oxy-lsd. It is formed by liver microsomes by an NADH-dependent enzyme," Nicholas J. Giarman (1967). ref. (Axelrod 1957; Hoffer 1955) Use of nicotinic acid (niacin, B3) to abort psychosis - "We have given the subject 100 ug. of LSD; at the height of the experience we injected intravenously 200 mg. of nicotinic acid. Our experience has been that, within a matter of two to five minutes, almost all of the LSD phenomena disappeared, and the subject claimed that he was entirely normal," Abraham Hoffer (1956)

-Otto snow ; LSD

So I decided that further research was needed:

Quote:

AGNEW N, HOFFER A
Nicotinic acid modified lysergic acid diethylamide psychosis.
J.Ment.Sc. London 101:12 (1955)
200 mg nicotinic acid given i.v. to 5 normal subjects at the height of the LSD experience (100 mg orally) strikingly reduced the LSD-induced disturbances in all subjects except one. 3 Gm. nicotinic acid given by mouth daily for 3 days prior to 100 mcg. LSD orally in 5 normal cases reduced the LSD-induced disturbances in concentration and vision, but in some instances produced a psychosis more closely resembling schizophrenia than that observed after LSD alone.

Quote:

HOFFER A
Studies with niacin and LSD.
Lysergic Acid Diethylamide and Mescaline in Experimental Psychiatry, Grune & Stratton Inc. 1956, p 44
200 mg nicotinic acid given i.v. at the height of the effects of LSD (100 mcg) caused almost all the LSD phenomena to disappear with 2-5 minutes. 3 Gm. nicotinic acid given daily for 3 days prior to 100 mcg LSD caused the LSD phenomena to appear after about 1 hour instead of after 15-30 minutes and seemed to prevent most of the perceptual phenomena, the main changes noted being feelings of unreality and depersonalization
http://www.lycaeum.org/mv/mu/LSD_niacin.html

Quote:

Niacin is an antidote against d-lysergic acid diethylamide20 (LSD) and against adrenochrome. It reverses the effect of adrenochrome on the electroencephalogram in human subjects,21 and reverses the psychotomimetic effects of adrenochrome when injected intravenously into human subjects.6 It is also a safe and effective therapeutic agent in the treatment of the schizophrenias and several other psychiatric diseases. It is one of the main elements of Orthomolecular psychiatric treatment. Every physician who has duplicated the niacin schizophrenic studies has corroborated our earlier findings. However the treatment is not accepted because it was introduced during the wrong paradigm, the paradigm of vitamins as prevention only. For a full discussion see the reports.22

- "Schizophrenia: An Evolutionary Defence Against Severe Stress" ; A. Hoffer, M.D., Ph.D.

My research seemed inconclusive and at times almost contradictory, so I decided to research further:

Quote:

Contrary to what one report on here read (a female who took 200 mg), Niacin does work effectively IN THE CORRECT AMOUNT.

The flushing effect is not a side-effect, that's exactly how it does what it needs to do.. which is to move the toxins out of the cells and excrete them through the sweat function.. the redness of the skin and burning feeling is the success of the Niacin moving the acid out of your system.. The problem experienced by the female was that she did FAR too much Niacin for her body weight and amount of LSD.. Logic here.

(Don't ask a doctor to describe the function of an OTC drug as to relating to a prohibited substance... they just aren't gonna know.)

Let's compare my experience to hers..

Me:
7 hits acid in 170 lb body = 40ng / pound.
60 mg Niacin effectively treated .40ng / lb.

Her:
1 hit acid in 120 lb body = 8ng/lb.
200 mG Niacin was total overkill for 8ng/lb...

Being that I had 5x the amount of acid taken, and she took 333% more Niacin than I did, that means she actually took 16x the appropriate level of Niacin to have an experience more closely matching mine (the redness was there, and itching, but it wasn't swelling, or doctor visits, and it subsided within 1 hours time..)
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=22682

I am still not sure what exactly to think, but am very interested.

In other situations hoffer makes some concerning statements, to the point where I am uncertain as to the credibility of his research, though other sources seem to confirm that niacin can block the effects of LSD

Thoughts? Comments? Anecdotes?

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom