Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' * 2
    #24539332 - 08/08/17 03:16 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I just felt inspired to share my angle on 'enlightenment' and how it can be viewed from a logical position.
Most would draw a hard line between enlightenment and logic but I don't think it's entirely necessary, they are connected in very real ways.
Logic can even be used to gain a deeper level of understanding in what is commonly considered "spiritual".
I am not claiming to be a Buddha and I honestly don't think sharing knowledge and views on things like enlightenment/awakening means you have to be enlightened.
In the same way that you don't have to be a doctor to understand how a heart works, or how you don't have to be a cop to understand law.

Before I begin to explain, I want to clarify some terms and words. These words are often used in ways that make them seem exotic or 'spiritual' when realistically they are completely natural and common things in your everyday life. However, they only become natural and common if you can manage to untangle them from distant concepts and bring them into clarity.

1) "I" as in referring to yourself
2) Awareness
3) Knowing
4) Consciousness
5) Beingness
6) Now, The present

1-5 are all the same thing. Take a moment to understand that before we continue.
When you say "I" you are referring to yourself. Sometimes the "I" is confused as the body/mind however.
Example: "I hurt my leg."
In this simple sentence you see 2 key words. 'I' and 'My' - 'My' means belonging to yourself(more accurately, belonging to mind or ego).
Notice how the 'I' was there first, that is because 'I' is the awareness, there would be no pain in the leg, if there was not awareness of it.
In another sense, there would be no pain in your leg without the 'knowing' of it. 'I' is referring to the awareness/knowing which is itself.
'I' is self aware, it's aware of itself while simultaneously being aware of objects arising in it, such as the body/mind and the accompanying feelings/sensations/perceptions of the body/mind.

Now onto 4 and 5, consciousness and beingness. Consciousness is best defined as: The state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
Or we can shorten it to "awake and aware" however the "awake" part is not accurate, as you are also aware in your dreams(or you wouldn't know you were dreaming), therefore you do not need to be awake to be conscious. The fact that you can say "I had a dream" means awareness/consciousness was there to witness the dream.
Beingness is a word often used by gurus and spiritual teachers. In order to break down 'beingness' you should ask yourself this: being means to be, 'ness' means the quality or state of. So who is 'being' and in what 'state'? The answer is "I" is being(present) and in the state of awareness. 1-5 are different words but they are all rooted in the same exact one thing, awareness. As for 6, the only reason there is a present or 'now' is because you are aware of it. The present moment is awareness.

You can now hopefully see, 1-5 are all synonyms.

Now that we've clarified this, we can begin to work on our own assumptions that we have believed to be true without ever testing or looking at honestly.
The first thing we should establish is that awareness is not a product of mind, thoughts or the body whatsoever. It's very obvious yet constantly overlooked.
Isn't it strange that you can be aware of your mind operating? Mind is not watching mind, awareness is watching mind. Isn't it strange that even if you identify as a 'person' the person itself is merely an object inside your awareness, as you are also aware of your 'person'. Likewise, the body is also an object inside awareness.
So if you are aware of mind, aware of body, aware of identities, aware of feelings, thoughts and perceptions, than you(awareness) are none of them.
If awareness was any of these, it would be like looking at your own eyes directly(without a mirror), or trying to touch the tip of your right pointer finger with your right pointer finger, or clapping with one hand, it cannot be done. Anything that you can see(be aware of), you cannot be essentially. In other words, anything that awareness is aware 'of' is not awareness.
Again, you are aware of the mind and it's thoughts, aware of the body, aware of perceptions. You are none of these "of's" you are awareness.

That is a good place to start, start as awareness. Notice that awareness is the only thing that has remained the same throughout your entire life.
As a child you are aware, as an adult you are aware. Awareness never changes, only the body/mind taking place inside awareness does.
You have never had a single experience you were not aware of. Try to name one. With that said wouldn't you agree that awareness is quite important? In fact isn't awareness the most important thing there is? As without awareness there is no experiences, no world, no person, no universe. Without awareness there isn't even the concept of 'nothing' because who would be there to say "there is nothing here"? Therefore awareness even gives birth to the nothingness. A good metaphor for awareness is 'light' because anywhere that awareness shines, that place will be illuminated and thus experienced. I believe it was Jesus who said: “I am the light of the world". He wasn't speaking as a person, he was speaking as "I am" or awareness. More accurately this quote would say "I am is the light of the world" as in 'I am'(awareness) is illuminating(creating) the experience of the world. There are countless quotes saying this very same thing from many others like Buddha, Krishna, Ramana, etc. and for good reason.

If awareness is not body or mind, is awareness affected by body or mind? In short no, awareness has never been hurt, never been killed, never been lost or found.
Hurt happens inside the body, awareness is aware of both the body and the hurt. Death is a natural process that happens to living things, awareness is aware of both the living thing and it's passing. Awareness is never lost because wherever you go, awareness is already there, it has never been found because it is already here right now.

This is where I'd like to introduce what I believe to be the most accurate metaphor for awareness that I've ever come across.
I like to call this metaphor "The Screen". You are viewing this post on a screen I'd presume, so lets use your screen in this explanation.

So many things have appeared on your screen, you've probably listened to music, read things, watched videos, or talked with friends.
But was the screen ever affected by the things took place on the screen? Awareness is just like this. A person appears on the screen(awareness), a landscape, a bird, a universe, but the screen is none of these things, it's simply the place where they happen. In fact upon closer inspection, the landscape, the person, and the bird on your screen are made of screen. Made of awareness. Now lets use a movie on your screen as an example, there is a character in this movie, he is looking everywhere for the screen, he spends years searching for the screen. He searches his entire life, and eventually dies of old age, never having found the screen. From the characters perspective the screen was some exotic thing he might be able to find someday. Similar to how we give exotic names to very simple things such as 'enlightenment'. Where was the screen while this character was searching? Not only was he himself the screen the whole time, his search was screen, everything he saw and touched and tasted and smelled was screen, the world he saw, the universe he lived in, all screen. Awareness is exactly like this. How would this character in the movie realize he was screen? All he had to do was stop. Stop searching, stop seeking. All effort made is already watched by awareness/screen. To realize you are awareness, you do not need to do anything. You do not need to go anywhere. It already is.

If awareness is the only thing that is real, there is a way to put this to the test. Awareness can be aware of any object, be it a physical object, a feeling or a perception, but since awareness is none of these, the one thing it cannot see is itself. Ask your attention to be aware of awareness and see what happens. If you are successful, you will not find anything, rather, you will become still. If you can remain as awareness for more than a moment, you will begin to notice a feeling of expansion and spaciousness, a moment longer, and you will feel infinite, because awareness has no specific location. In the same way that the screen never moves during a movie. The body/mind connects with awareness in order to experience, but you can easily withdraw from the body/mind as it's merely an object you are aware of. It's like the difference between being stuck in a traffic jam in your car, and watching the traffic jam from an airplane. In the car(body) the traffic jam is stressful and agitating, but from the airplane(awareness), it's kind of neat looking and has no effect on you whatsoever. There will be no more suffering for one who realizes this.

This is enlightenment. The simple and sometimes comedic realization that you are awareness, you always were awareness, there is nothing but awareness. Your search was a sort of play, your suffering was a sort of test, your body/mind and it's 5 senses are a sort of tool that awareness uses to explore and inhabit the universe and creatures it created. Do not be confused, there is no such thing as an enlightened person, because enlightenment is not for the person, it is freedom from the person.

The world is not filled with many creatures, it is one creature, it's name is I.
What you are looking for, is where you are looking from.

:heart:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: Tmethyl] * 1
    #24540115 - 08/08/17 08:54 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Great stuff!

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: viktor]
    #24540355 - 08/08/17 10:21 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Excellent stuff and you are a smart cookie.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

Invisible7even
Pumpkin King
 User Gallery

Loc: Halloween Town
Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: beforethedawn]
    #24540393 - 08/08/17 10:39 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cogito ergo sum is a Latin philosophical proposition by René Descartes usually translated into English as "I think, therefore I am". The phrase originally appeared in French as je pense, donc je suis in his Discourse on the Method, so as to reach a wider audience than Latin would have allowed.

Quote:

Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.”[a] And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” 15 God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: 7even]
    #24540404 - 08/08/17 10:47 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

BLACKXIII said:
"I think, therefore I am".

This has always turned my stomach. I can't think of a more illogical statement.
Thinking happens inside "I am" and there would be no thinking if "I" was not already present.
The organism is, because awareness is. For someone to say that thinking is the cause of "I am" is quite absurd and baseless.
A few moments of honest introspection would have prevented this statement from existing.

Quote:

BLACKXIII said:
“Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’

Excellent.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineTrianglism
Trianglist

Loc: El Castillo
Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: 7even]
    #24540450 - 08/08/17 11:13 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Trianglism has all the answers. It's the worlds oldest religion

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: Tmethyl]
    #24540889 - 08/09/17 08:24 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

T have you ever experienced anesthesia. Stuff they use to knock you out in operations. Remarkable and enlightening experience. It feels like when administered you black out and a second later wake up. No sense of time or awareness which is still present during sleep. Total annihilation of awarness and consciousness.

Hell of a trip if you get to experience it. I feel would definitely give people a appreciation of how our brain is fundamental to consciousness and awareness.

Edited by Jaegar (08/09/17 08:27 AM)

Invisible7even
Pumpkin King
 User Gallery

Loc: Halloween Town
Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: Trianglism]
    #24540983 - 08/09/17 09:25 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trianglism said:
Trianglism has all the answers. It's the worlds oldest religion

You cant just flash your :watchingyou:  :watchingyou:  :watchingyou:  illuminati confirmed religion without saying anything about it otherwise  :frankly:

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: Jaegar]
    #24541132 - 08/09/17 10:46 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jaegar said:
It feels like when administered you black out and a second later wake up. No sense of time or awareness which is still present during sleep. Total annihilation of awarness and consciousness.

Total annihilation of awareness? Than how do you know that it happened?
There would be nothing to report without awareness. Total annihilation of mind and thoughts maybe, this can be watched by awareness.
Maybe you're not understanding the position of awareness, there can be no experiences without awareness.
In order for you to even say something was annihilated, there must be something there to watch it happen.

Mind and body can be completely absent, especially in certain drug-induced experiences, but awareness cannot go anywhere.

Some would make the argument that "during deep sleep when I'm not dreaming, there is no awareness" but even this is not true, during deep sleep awareness is not associated with the body, thus nothing is experienced. No experience happening to the mind, feels like nothing happened or that there was no awareness. But to even know that in deep sleep nothing was happening, something must have been there to witness nothing happening. Since awareness(yourself) was even there during deep sleep, when you wake up you can now say "there was no awareness in deep sleep". :lol:

Remember that awareness is not an object to be seen, it is only a pure witness. This will make it feel very subtle. The minds job is in objects(feelings and perceptions included) and when there are no objects the mind will say "there is nothing". But the mind itself is an object to awareness.

"Time and space always change, but there is something which is eternal and changeless. For example, the world and time, past or future, nothing exists for us in sleep. But we exist. Let us try to find out that which is changeless and which always exists." -Ramana Maharshi

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

#24541150 - 08/09/17 11:01 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

This was just posted in a different thread but it's perfect for this one.

Quote:

beforethedawn said:
The hard part is getting over how ordinary it is.
Just an ordinary joke you play on yourself.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinekenp
one with nature
Male

#24546578 - 08/11/17 04:41 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Dude

This is one of the most real, beautiful things i ever read

Thank you so much for this

I honestly will remember this for the rest of my life

you explained this in an amazingly logical way, easy for even
the most sceptic to grasp

--------------------
Chamomile, rosemary and lavender. three wonderful herbs!

The world is a fractal, and fractals are beauty and beauty is what holds the worlds together.

Edited by kenp (08/11/17 04:49 PM)

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: kenp]
    #24546678 - 08/11/17 05:26 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I was a skeptic myself, for a very long time. I still entertained the words of Gurus and spiritual speakers like Mooji, Rupert Spira, Papaji, Eckhart Tolle, and the like. If you read books from all of these people, and listen to them speak you will eventually come to see a pattern. They are all saying the exact same thing. Even with the noticing of this I remained unconvinced, I understand that correlation is not causation, there was only one honest way to disprove all of this, and that was to try what they were saying, which was very simple.

First thing, be without effort. What could be easier than this? As Mooji always said, effort is mind. All effort is away from yourself.

Drop your story(past) and drop your projections(future), what is left? Now is left and now is awareness. I should add "now" and "the present" as #6 on my original post. The now is here because of awareness, like a fountain the present pours out of awareness. The present moment is awareness only. Future and past are mind.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinekenp
one with nature
Male

#24546791 - 08/11/17 06:21 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Again, well said :thumbup:

--------------------

The world is a fractal, and fractals are beauty and beauty is what holds the worlds together.

OfflineGlitchedz
Stranger

#24547776 - 08/12/17 07:29 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
I just felt inspired to share my angle on 'enlightenment' and how it can be viewed from a logical position.
Most would draw a hard line between enlightenment and logic but I don't think it's entirely necessary, they are connected in very real ways.
Logic can even be used to gain a deeper level of understanding in what is commonly considered "spiritual".
I am not claiming to be a Buddha and I honestly don't think sharing knowledge and views on things like enlightenment/awakening means you have to be enlightened.
In the same way that you don't have to be a doctor to understand how a heart works, or how you don't have to be a cop to understand law.

Before I begin to explain, I want to clarify some terms and words. These words are often used in ways that make them seem exotic or 'spiritual' when realistically they are completely natural and common things in your everyday life. However, they only become natural and common if you can manage to untangle them from distant concepts and bring them into clarity.

1) "I" as in referring to yourself
2) Awareness
3) Knowing
4) Consciousness
5) Beingness

1-5 are all the same thing. Take a moment to understand that before we continue.
When you say "I" you are referring to yourself. Sometimes the "I" is confused as the body/mind however.
Example: "I hurt my leg."
In this simple sentence you see 2 key words. 'I' and 'My' - 'My' means belonging to yourself(more accurately, belonging to mind or ego).
Notice how the 'I' was there first, that is because 'I' is the awareness, there would be no pain in the leg, if there was not awareness of it.
In another sense, there would be no pain in your leg without the 'knowing' of it. 'I' is referring to the awareness/knowing which is itself.
'I' is self aware, it's aware of itself while simultaneously being aware of objects arising in it, such as the body/mind and the accompanying feelings/sensations/perceptions of the body/mind.

Now onto 4 and 5, consciousness and beingness. Consciousness is best defined as: The state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.
Or we can shorten it to "awake and aware" however the "awake" part is not accurate, as you are also aware in your dreams(or you wouldn't know you were dreaming), therefore you do not need to be awake to be conscious. The fact that you can say "I had a dream" means awareness/consciousness was there to witness the dream.
Beingness is a word often used by gurus and spiritual teachers. In order to break down 'beingness' you should ask yourself this: being means to be, 'ness' means the quality or state of. So who is 'being' and in what 'state'? The answer is "I" is being(present) and in the state of awareness. 1-5 are different words but they are all rooted in the same exact one thing, awareness.

You can now hopefully see, 1-5 are all synonyms.

Now that we've clarified this, we can begin to work on our own assumptions that we have believed to be true without ever testing or looking at honestly.
The first thing we should establish is that awareness is not a product of mind, thoughts or the body whatsoever. It's very obvious yet constantly overlooked.
Isn't it strange that you can be aware of your mind operating? Mind is not watching mind, awareness is watching mind. Isn't it strange that even if you identify as a 'person' the person itself is merely an object inside your awareness, as you are also aware of your 'person'. Likewise, the body is also an object inside awareness.
So if you are aware of mind, aware of body, aware of identities, aware of feelings, thoughts and perceptions, than you(awareness) are none of them.
If awareness was any of these, it would be like looking at your own eyes directly(without a mirror), or trying to touch the tip of your right pointer finger with your right pointer finger, or clapping with one hand, it cannot be done. Anything that you can see(be aware of), you cannot be essentially. In other words, anything that awareness is aware 'of' is not awareness.
Again, you are aware of the mind and it's thoughts, aware of the body, aware of perceptions. You are none of these "of's" you are awareness.

That is a good place to start, start as awareness. Notice that awareness is the only thing that has remained the same throughout your entire life.
As a child you are aware, as an adult you are aware. Awareness never changes, only the body/mind taking place inside awareness does.
You have never had a single experience you were not aware of. Try to name one. With that said wouldn't you agree that awareness is quite important? In fact isn't awareness the most important thing there is? As without awareness there is no experiences, no world, no person, no universe. Without awareness there isn't even the concept of 'nothing' because who would be there to say "there is nothing here"? Therefore awareness even gives birth to the nothingness. A good metaphor for awareness is 'light' because anywhere that awareness shines, that place will be illuminated and thus experienced. I believe it was Jesus who said: “I am the light of the world". He wasn't speaking as a person, he was speaking as "I am" or awareness. More accurately this quote would say "I am is the light of the world" as in 'I am'(awareness) is illuminating(creating) the experience of the world. There are countless quotes saying this very same thing from many others like Buddha, Krishna, Ramana, etc. and for good reason.

If awareness is not body or mind, is awareness affected by body or mind? In short no, awareness has never been hurt, never been killed, never been lost or found.
Hurt happens inside the body, awareness is aware of both the body and the hurt. Death is a natural process that happens to living things, awareness is aware of both the living thing and it's passing. Awareness is never lost because wherever you go, awareness is already there, it has never been found because it is already here right now.

This is where I'd like to introduce what I believe to be the most accurate metaphor for awareness that I've ever come across.
I like to call this metaphor "The Screen". You are viewing this post on a screen I'd presume, so lets use your screen in this explanation.

So many things have appeared on your screen, you've probably listened to music, read things, watched videos, or talked with friends.
But was the screen ever affected by the things took place on the screen? Awareness is just like this. A person appears on the screen(awareness), a landscape, a bird, a universe, but the screen is none of these things, it's simply the place where they happen. In fact upon closer inspection, the landscape, the person, and the bird on your screen are made of screen. Made of awareness. Now lets use a movie on your screen as an example, there is a character in this movie, he is looking everywhere for the screen, he spends years searching for the screen. He searches his entire life, and eventually dies of old age, never having found the screen. From the characters perspective the screen was some exotic thing he might be able to find someday. Similar to how we give exotic names to very simple things such as 'enlightenment'. Where was the screen while this character was searching? Not only was he himself the screen the whole time, his search was screen, everything he saw and touched and tasted and smelled was screen, the world he saw, the universe he lived in, all screen. Awareness is exactly like this. How would this character in the movie realize he was screen? All he had to do was stop. Stop searching, stop seeking. All effort made is already watched by awareness/screen. To realize you are awareness, you do not need to do anything. You do not need to go anywhere. It already is.

If awareness is the only thing that is real, there is a way to put this to the test. Awareness can be aware of any object, be it a physical object, a feeling or a perception, but since awareness is none of these, the one thing it cannot see is itself. Ask your attention to be aware of awareness and see what happens. If you are successful, you will not find anything, rather, you will become still. If you can remain as awareness for more than a moment, you will begin to notice a feeling of expansion and spaciousness, a moment longer, and you will feel infinite, because awareness has no specific location. In the same way that the screen never moves during a movie. The body/mind connects with awareness in order to experience, but you can easily withdraw from the body/mind as it's merely an object you are aware of. It's like the difference between being stuck in a traffic jam in your car, and watching the traffic jam from an airplane. In the car(body) the traffic jam is stressful and agitating, but from the airplane(awareness), it's kind of neat looking and has no effect on you whatsoever. There will be no more suffering for one who realizes this.

This is enlightenment. The simple and sometimes comedic realization that you are awareness, you always were awareness, there is nothing but awareness. Your search was a sort of play, your suffering was a sort of test, your body/mind and it's 5 senses are a sort of tool that awareness uses to explore and inhabit the universe and creatures it created. Do not be confused, there is no such thing as an enlightened person, because enlightenment is not for the person, it is freedom from the person.

The world is not filled with many creatures, it is one creature, it's name is I.
What you are looking for, is where you are looking from.

:heart:

I don't agree with you or any of those "Gurus", I think if it was this simple everyone on the planet would do it, and religion would be extremely simple too

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: Glitchedz]
    #24547856 - 08/12/17 08:51 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The problem is it's so simple you can spend your whole life looking for it. Because all seeking is away from it.
This doesn't require belief it only requires honestly looking at your direct experience now. No religion necessary. No effort necessary.
Only the halting of effort, belief and religion would bring you closer.

We are like a wave searching for the ocean. :lol:
The wave rises out of the ocean and claims a form, we call this birth, it eventually says "I am a wave" then the waves subsides back into the ocean, we call this death.
But at no point in the life or death of the wave was it not ocean. It was ocean before the birth and after the death.

Awareness is like this ocean. A form rises out of awareness and eventually subsides back into awareness, at no point was the form not awareness.
At no point was awareness ever affected by the life and death of the organism. You cannot bottle infinity.

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinekenp
one with nature
Male

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: Glitchedz]
    #24547878 - 08/12/17 09:11 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Much to learn, young padawan.

--------------------

Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: kenp]
    #24547896 - 08/12/17 09:28 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
    #24560629 - 08/17/17 02:39 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

i think ill take your metaphor on the screen and expand from there my POV, we are the all but we are not all we can be.

the TV set by itself is a shell the images on that screen are not made inside that shell it is a receiver of frequency transmitted to this shell that allow those pictures to appear how and when they do.

so it is an outside "being" that is feeding the image you see on that screen, the shell never made it by itself though it has the components to receive these images in itself.

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: A Logical Take On 'Enlightenment' [Re: Green7Alchemist]
    #24570691 - 08/21/17 09:53 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Enlightenment is just a set of circumstances...alike what other any circumstances are..

Circumference into out of Asian Religion..or circled from and into everything..

But your very vision itself..is attached via photons..and the bend of reality that vision causes..

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #24592030 - 08/30/17 11:37 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:

Drop your story(past) and drop your projections(future), what is left? Now is left and now is awareness.

Lot's of great material you've presented here!

I'd like to share something by Adyashanti . . .

"Make no mistake about it – enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing
to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away
of untruth. It’s seeing through the facade of pretense. It’s the complete eradication
of everything we imagined to be true."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom