Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: Jaegar]
    #24543024 - 08/10/17 05:13 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, sure..."God" sounds more exciting I guess. For some people though, and in my personal experience. In depression, or whether faced with an anxious situation. Knowing you can react differently to the "voice" talking down to you, or getting you down - basically befriending the "monkey chatter", is pretty helpful.

But, in this way, one can successfully at least how I apply it remove egoistic notions such as anger, jealousy, pride, lust - with ease and sort of "operate" within the environment with more control...

Not manipulation of people...but of The Moment.

Edited by remake (08/10/17 05:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: remake]
    #24543040 - 08/10/17 05:31 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Your God must be totally amoral. Some people enjoy eating babies, so that is their God and through the devine interconnection you talk about, it's your baby eating God too.

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: blingbling]
    #24543045 - 08/10/17 05:36 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Aha...but I'm not a Christian. See, that was your "God" making up stories about me. And I most defnitely do not support violence.

"Violence is idiocy" - I said that shit, just a few posts ago.

I was using some themes of Christianity to explain the Moment, and how it can be utilized, in my own way I guess. Don't fear man - I get your frustration with what God you think I'm referring to - but - I'm not...

Edited by remake (08/10/17 05:43 AM)

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#24543060 - 08/10/17 05:47 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

You said God is the voice in your head that tells you what is good or bad. So what makes your good and bad more Devine than anyone else's?

--------------------
Kupo said:

cez said:

dustinthewind13 said:

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Invisibleremake
Male

#24543069 - 08/10/17 05:54 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I never said mine was "better". This is just my way of keeping a clear head, being mindful and peaceful :heart:. And wanted to share if anyone could relate. Or yes debate.

The "voice" is basically the thing causing guilt/shame/anger etc.

Everyone has their own "God". Being the thing that sort of distracts us through "it's" opinions.

None is better in a competitive sense...but violence really seems like a waste of time.

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#24543078 - 08/10/17 05:58 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I'm glad you have a way of keeping a clear head :thumbup:You should check out a guy called Jordan Peterson. Some of your ideas sound like his.

--------------------
Kupo said:

cez said:

dustinthewind13 said:

White Beard said:

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24543094 - 08/10/17 06:09 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The way I see it, all our gods come from the same place of mankind's mind and what makes them different is that they took a different path through history. I mean scientology isn't exactly the oldest religion around.

What would make something good or bad following this line of thought is a matter of whether someone else is unfairly disadvantaged or injured through the actions of the self or another, kinda like a case going through a court of law.

I think the 'voice' is merely an element of mind and I think it takes form as the organ of corti with how it encodes both high and low frequencies of sound in the ear.
Quote:

The organ of Corti is the sensitive element in the inner ear and can be thought of as the body's microphone. It is situated on the basilar membrane in one of the three compartments of the Cochlea. It contains four rows of hair cells which protrude from its surface.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Invisibleremake
Male

#24543117 - 08/10/17 06:29 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blingbling said:
I'm glad you have a way of keeping a clear head :thumbup:You should check out a guy called Jordan Peterson. Some of your ideas sound like his.

Yeah, have seen some of his stuff. Might have slipped into my stream of thoughts while writing this. Though, have thought about these things before ever knowing about him. Oh well, not claiming any authenticity on this really.

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: sudly]
    #24543119 - 08/10/17 06:30 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, that makes sense to me.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #24543966 - 08/10/17 02:58 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps these two links to the topic of theosis will lend some clarification to the divination of humankind in the Christian idiom. The bolded words are used interchangeably, but the word theosis is an Eastern Orthodox (Greek) term. The first article is more general and includes several early church authorities, some, like Augustine, still have authority in the Roman Catholic Church and to lesser degrees in various Protestant denominations. Methodism, founded by John Wesley, has some Eastern Orthodox attitudes since Wesley was fascinated by Patristic (Eastern Orthodox) theology. The latter article focuses on theosis from an Eastern Orthodox perspective where it is emphasized more than in Western Christianity.

"Theosis is an important concept in Eastern Orthodox theology deriving from the fact that Eastern Orthodox theology is of an explicitly mystical character. Theology in the Eastern Orthodox Church is what is derived from saints or mystics of the tradition, and Eastern Orthodoxy considers that "no one who does not follow the path of union with God can be a theologian." In Eastern Orthodoxy, theology is not treated as an academic pursuit, but it is based on revelation (see gnosiology), meaning that Eastern Orthodox theology and its theologians are validated by ascetic pursuits, rather than academic degrees (i.e. scholasticism)." -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_(Christian)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosis_(Eastern_Christian_theology)

If you are interested in an autobiographical account written by a 19th century anonymous pilgrim in Russia, who learned about and obtained a copy of The Philokalia (Love of the Good/Beauty), and began to practice the Prayer of the Heart (Jesus Prayer), you might consider reading The Way of a Pilgrim and A Pilgrim Continues His Way, usually in the same volume. https://www.amazon.com/Way-Pilgrim-Continues-His/dp/0060630175/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502398229&sr=8-1&keywords=the+way+of+a+pilgrim

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: Jaegar]
    #24545168 - 08/11/17 12:59 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jaegar said:

By not desiring any outcome seems to cancel the thoughts of not thinking about nothing. It legitimately feels like absent thought monkey chatter for 5 minutes.

inner emptiness is godliness

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder