Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit
    #24538430 - 08/08/17 04:30 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Firstly, I don't know much about the specifics of Christianity, neither any specific scripture within the Bible. But, I believe the most important part of any religious or philosophical text is to teach us above all, not WHAT we are, but HOW we can be for the betterment of ourselves, those around us and the environment.

What I would like to discuss, or share with you, is a recent understanding I have come to, or self-devised theory based on a range of sources or personal experiences on how I choose, or would like to, approach reality.

When I think about the ultimate Good, or what heaven would be like, at least here on earth, it's easy to attribute materialistic value to what it would "look" like or what we will "receive". Rather, I would like to suggest looking at God as a "sphere" of being in which we are able to utilize and experience the best possible aspects of life. Within "God" we are able to play, create, rest, interact, prosper - all those nice things. "God" in this sense is a "realm" of being in which we can experience a multi-beneficial, all inclusive, and super conducive aspect of reality.

To get to "God" requires us to go through "Jesus". Now, what Jesus portrays, or at least to me, above all else, and in the purest light is Humility and Love. Both these aspects are not attributes of humans, but rather ways of being. It is a choice to live with humility and a choice to live with love. It is through humility and love that we come unbound from seeing ourselves as the Source of Knowledge, and rather a Channel through which Knowledge flows. Whereby we, as humans, are merely the operators of and pointers of this channel and where it goes.

By releasing ourselves from embodying any Absolute Form, and realizing the fluidity by which we can approach our ever changing reality through "Jesus" and accessing "God", we in turn are free to live as the "Holy Spirit".

Does this make sense? Or no?

Edited by remake (08/10/17 01:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: remake]
    #24538462 - 08/08/17 05:03 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

So like evolving mind states from a prophetic jesus kinda thing to the "God" of yourself which I would presume is self sufficiency and/or simply independence.

Quote:

You are a work in progress. The organization of brain cells that makes up who you are is constantly in flux. Forget the notion that the brain is static, rigid, and fixed. Instead, brain cells are continually remolded and reorganized by our thoughts and experiences. Neurologically, we are repeatedly changed by the endless stimuli in the world. Instead of imagining nerve cells as solid, inflexible, tiny sticks that are assembling together to make up your brain's gray matter, I invite you to see them as dancing patterns of delicate electric fibers in an animated web, connecting and disconnecting all the time. This is much closer to the truth of who you are. - Joe Dispenza

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: sudly]
    #24538478 - 08/08/17 05:19 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I would rather say "God" is where we are in a state of interdependence - individual humans contributing aspects of themselves for the enhancement of the Moment. Thus - making a departure from claiming oneself God, and rather serving "God"/The Moment or like you would probably say Nature. So this is just my way of dealing with where to I can channel my thinking and what would serve as the most peaceful/pleasurable "conduit". Not focusing on individual Ego's rather the contributions and prosperity of each individual as a human being within "God".

Edited by remake (08/08/17 05:36 AM)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24538499 - 08/08/17 05:42 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FranniePilgrim said: I would rather say "God" is where we are in a state of interdependence -

I can agree with this but I don't have a distinct opinion yet on what such a state of interdependence would be.

Recently I've heard machine elf, and I've never had DMT but I've read that's when people tend to experience what they call 'machine elves' that are geometric hallucinatory patterns and whatnot.

I like to think of what I am as some sort of machine elf too, even as a human I think this description is fitting.

I am within my own god and I hope to my god that you are in yours because otherwise who's gonna be there to take responsibility for your actions when you do something like change the volume on the TV or open a can of beans with the flippy lid.

--------------------

Invisibleremake
Male

#24538515 - 08/08/17 05:53 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I can agree with this but I don't have a distinct opinion yet on what such a state of interdependence would be.

It would be, I think where both of our focuses will be centered on creating the most pleasurable experience, instead of seeking to destroy or idolize any egoistic train of thought.

Not what you can get from me, or me from you - rather - what can we do for us.

So it's like freeing your mind from being people centred and violent to being peaceful, inclusive and pleasure centered - pleasure in this sense not bound by the assertion of "sin".

So it's like a win-win thing to the highest potential - at least in theory.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24538550 - 08/08/17 06:22 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Cus you gotta be violent to be people centred.. maybe I'm me centred and then people caring around that.

--------------------

Invisibleremake
Male

#24538570 - 08/08/17 06:33 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, most people exhibit some inclination to be me-centered, BUT, what they do not realize in some cases is the potential of having a much better experience without sacrificing anything other than anxiety and pain.

People-centered - I only meant in an egoistic sense - in such a way - it is violent. And unnecessarily limiting, without people even realizing it.

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24538675 - 08/08/17 08:02 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thats a awesome quote by this Joe Dispenza.:evil:

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24540644 - 08/09/17 03:08 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FranniePilgrim said:
Yes, most people exhibit some inclination to be me-centered, BUT, what they do not realize in some cases is the potential of having a much better experience without sacrificing anything other than anxiety and pain.

People-centered - I only meant in an egoistic sense - in such a way - it is violent. And unnecessarily limiting, without people even realizing it.

Me centered to me is self love which uh seems important. You know, in my experience I don't care if people are offended over nothing. If it's something genuine like someone being offended they were slapped then I get it but offence doesn't mean much with free speech being a thing now.

Still this people centered thing being violent..

--------------------

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: remake] * 1
    #24540656 - 08/09/17 03:52 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

What specific actions does your philosophy proscribe? How does one go through Jesus, to find God and be like the Holy Spirit? What are you actually doing other than pontificating?

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: blingbling]
    #24540748 - 08/09/17 06:24 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

getting yourself some Jesus might be like finding a good lawyer.
Holy Arbitration, Batman!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24540764 - 08/09/17 06:42 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are completely insane and clearly didn't understand anything I said. What I'm basically trying to tell you people up there in America is the following, and you have to listen closely, otherwise it will not make sense.

I am not talking about "becoming" Jesus, in fact this is in a way my effort to try to explain that enlightenment is a bunch of bullshit. Our words and reasoning about life means nothing.

I don't care what yoga positions you are doing, all that you are after in any pursuit of this fucking "journey" is to look at yourself doing those things. Just to say: "Woah, I did like 8 days of meditation, I'm so intune with the Spiritual world, bro". Or whatever, this whole fucking place is an exercise in vanity. When the wars end, we'll be left asking ourselves, why we bothered with any of it.

The party is happening now guys, you don't have to "love" yourself. You don't have to try to do anything.

You are the fucking scientist playing with "God". To a large extent we define "God", "God" can be anything - BUT - the best way to make "It", I believe, is to include peaceful notions. What we are missing in life is an anchor point, a motivation, so we fill it up with whatever stories we can come up with, but it can be any story in anyway because everything is in a sense stationary, yet isn't.

So I'm trying, and I think succeeding in achieving a state of constant, effortless meditation. There's nothing to fear, because all we fear is judgement. And there's no reason to hurt anyone or anything, or feel hurt, unless, yes, you are slapped. But basically all suffering is very real, but ultimately a result of idiocy among ourselves. Violence is idiocy. You are not an idiot for suffering, but if you cause suffering, you are. Get it?

That's all I'm saying. I love you guys. I seriously do. But, I just would like to put it out there: You are perfect the way you are. If you ever feel unbalanced or lost, try to remember that life isn't about understanding necessarily, it's about experiencing. Yet there's another level to life, which is a simple perspective, and it's realizing that we are separated yet connected through this thing called "God". You can create a "God" within yourself, or including others. "God" is our playground.

:heart:

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24540816 - 08/09/17 07:34 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a plan. My own personal approach to meditation is to hold no desire goal in mind peaceful and deep. Definitely gets easier as brain changes. Other fun one is to hold on single idea or form and allow only associations related to it.

Still a novice at it all. Got any great techniques yourself?

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: Jaegar]
    #24540825 - 08/09/17 07:40 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

The thing is we don't stop thinking. At least, this perspective to me: Channeling an overall "thing" or "God" you continuously create is my meditation.

There's no way you will be able of thinking of "nothing". You'll just be thinking how you are thinking about "nothing". So removing your ego from the equation, ego being "what am I?", with "How can I make 'it' better?".

This includes: your actions, thoughts, ideas, everything - centered on making your immediate surroundings better, more fun, more pleasurable - without feeling the need to ever ask "what am I?" or "what do you think of me?" - shit like that.

So just realize you are constantly, literally creating "God". And "God" can be anything you wish.

That's applicable meditation with some cool results.

You are not 'God'. You make 'God'.

You can have any goal, the result you really seek is: complete wholesome interaction. Not a thing.

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24540852 - 08/09/17 07:57 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

By not desiring any outcome seems to cancel the thoughts of not thinking about nothing. It legitimately feels like absent thought monkey chatter for 5 minutes. Very peaceful.

Mm interesting. If I was to associate anything with divine/ godliness probably be imagination. Which these relaxed reduced sensory states seem to enhance.

Edited by Jaegar (08/09/17 08:00 AM)

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: Jaegar]
    #24540860 - 08/09/17 08:03 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yes. That's the thing - you are the outcome. We are the outcome.

:snoop:

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#24542711 - 08/09/17 09:57 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FranniePilgrim said:
You guys are completely insane and clearly didn't understand anything I said. What I'm basically trying to tell you people up there in America is the following, and you have to listen closely, otherwise it will not make sense.

I am not talking about "becoming" Jesus, in fact this is in a way my effort to try to explain that enlightenment is a bunch of bullshit. Our words and reasoning about life means nothing.

I don't care what yoga positions you are doing, all that you are after in any pursuit of this fucking "journey" is to look at yourself doing those things. Just to say: "Woah, I did like 8 days of meditation, I'm so intune with the Spiritual world, bro". Or whatever, this whole fucking place is an exercise in vanity. When the wars end, we'll be left asking ourselves, why we bothered with any of it.

The party is happening now guys, you don't have to "love" yourself. You don't have to try to do anything.

You are the fucking scientist playing with "God". To a large extent we define "God", "God" can be anything - BUT - the best way to make "It", I believe, is to include peaceful notions. What we are missing in life is an anchor point, a motivation, so we fill it up with whatever stories we can come up with, but it can be any story in anyway because everything is in a sense stationary, yet isn't.

So I'm trying, and I think succeeding in achieving a state of constant, effortless meditation. There's nothing to fear, because all we fear is judgement. And there's no reason to hurt anyone or anything, or feel hurt, unless, yes, you are slapped. But basically all suffering is very real, but ultimately a result of idiocy among ourselves. Violence is idiocy. You are not an idiot for suffering, but if you cause suffering, you are. Get it?

That's all I'm saying. I love you guys. I seriously do. But, I just would like to put it out there: You are perfect the way you are. If you ever feel unbalanced or lost, try to remember that life isn't about understanding necessarily, it's about experiencing. Yet there's another level to life, which is a simple perspective, and it's realizing that we are separated yet connected through this thing called "God". You can create a "God" within yourself, or including others. "God" is our playground.

:heart:

Wow, you got really defensive all of a sudden... Anyway, I agree that we are missing an anchor point that traditionally was religious in nature. However, I don't think what your offering will substitute. I have two reasons for this conclusion.

1. You don't define any of your terms. I don't even know what God means according to your philosophy.

2. You seem to put no effort into institutionalizing your philosophy. Without a community your philosophy will remain as just another internet rant about the power of jeebus.

In short there is no attempt to actually say or do anything substantive.

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: Philosophical approach to Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit [Re: blingbling]
    #24542898 - 08/10/17 01:36 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

All right man.

Wasn't defensive. It's okay. :heart:

Invisibleremake
Male

#24543013 - 08/10/17 05:02 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wow, you got really defensive all of a sudden... Anyway, I agree that we are missing an anchor point that traditionally was religious in nature. However, I don't think what your offering will substitute. I have two reasons for this conclusion.

1. You don't define any of your terms. I don't even know what God means according to your philosophy.

2. You seem to put no effort into institutionalizing your philosophy. Without a community your philosophy will remain as just another internet rant about the power of jeebus.

In short there is no attempt to actually say or do anything substantive.

Okay, just took some time, recollecting my mind.

Here's what I mean:

So "God" is like the presence of Awareness, or the Judge within each individuals mind. "It" tells us what is "good" and what is "bad". Both those parameters can be ignored. The values you place in your "God", and me in mine, determines our interaction.

When I'm talking to you now, your "God" is making judgements on what is being said, and "telling" you how you should react...

So, being aware of you actually being the creator of this "God" will open up a range of experiences and interactions you might previously have excluded yourself from through fear of your own "God".

So "God" is the connection between us, in a way. But still interdependent.

The larger "God" is a result of our collective attributions to the "unknown" or just "society" in general.

Participating in "God" is basically just you talking into "it". So "God" is sort of like the "atmosphere" among us, but can actually be used in anyway.

Not trying to convert anyone to anything, or create a community - just wanted to share my perspective here.

Personally, I think it has some general application...

Essentially we are both participating in "God" now...

But "God" can be anything in/under which people commute: War,Drugs,Money,Religion,Nature etc. etc. OR it can be pure imagination, open minded and all inclusive...

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24543019 - 08/10/17 05:08 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Why not skip god and say our personal values. Maybe shared cultural associations.

Edited by Jaegar (08/10/17 05:10 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order