Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineGlitchedz
Stranger

Opinions on Osho?
    #24538403 - 08/08/17 04:13 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Osho is a guru that gets mentioned semi-frequently around here, I am wondering what people's opinions of him is?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Glitchedz]
    #24538451 - 08/08/17 04:54 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting stuff :thumbup:
Quote:

Mind is always a bridge only of one thing, and that is your heart, because mind is basically meant to be a servant, but he has managed to become the master and the heart which was going to be the master has not even bothered to interfere and has allowed the mind to remain the master, but the mind is aware that any moment the heart wants, its mastery is gone.

So whenever the heart wants to say something, the fear arises in the minds, mind is very much afraid of love, mind is very much afraid of trust, mind is very much afraid of anything that has to do with the heart. Because its master is not part of the natures; heart is naturally the master, but this is the problem because the heart feels its mastery so definitely with such a certainty that it never asserts itself, there is no need, it is an intrinsic knowing in the heart that mind can be pushed aside any moment, and mind knows it perfectly well, that he is just a servant because the master is too gentlemanly and has allowed even the servant to pretend to be the masters, for the servant is a servant.

So whenever your heart wants to say something the mind starts to feel shaky, it wants the heart to remain completely dead, it wants man to become completely heartless, and it has succeeded all over the world to make people heart less.
But once in a while a few people escape from the slavery of the mind and start ascerting the rights of their hearts, this is the greatest revolution there is, the revolution by the heart against the mind.
- © Osho

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

InvisibleFerdinando
Male

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: sudly]
    #24538470 - 08/08/17 05:12 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

didn't he attain liberation?
anyone who has attained liberation is probably really fine

--------------------
with our love with our love we could save the world

OfflineHalayudha
Empath
Male User Gallery

Loc: fresh air, nature, warm-i...
Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Ferdinando]
    #24538872 - 08/08/17 10:06 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

He was very off-putting to me at first; I have a good sense for these things.  Markos will say a lot about him, in a negative way -- I ceased saying negative things about people many years ago, but there is a lot of incorrect about him -- Not as much as some of the others. . .

The main thing was -- or one of them -- he would simply collect a ton of Rolls' Royces.  Why -- Who knows. But those who deny that this world is real, have themselves severed their connection with Earth...  Sounds crazy huh.  But it's true -- anyway, like I say, I do not say have any criticism of him, simply that it is an incorrect way of behaving in the world, to do this kind of thing. 

Why -- it is very destructive.

Namaste and peace.

Better than, perhaps, Dogma. though. :smile:  :heart:

So in all and all - recently having come abreast of the horrid, and horrible nature of the caste system in India, I perhaps revise my opinion of him slightly -- just as those who dislike America would still have to admit, we (helped) save the world from a pretty ugly future in the early 1940's, and so on.

In other words, his eccentricity or faux pas in collecting tons of Rolls' Royce's can be seen in a more forgiving light, considering the rigidity and destructive nature of caste order which he was coming from, and rebelling against.

--------------------
Call me not rebel, though { here at every word
                          {in what I sing
If I no longer hail thee  { King and Lord
                          { Lord and King

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Halayudha]
    #24538881 - 08/08/17 10:12 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Not to mention the whole scheme to food poison The Dalles, OR... He was deported.....  and you can be sure he was burying his ashes in all the young women in the ashram...

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineHalayudha
Empath
Male User Gallery

Loc: fresh air, nature, warm-i...
Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #24538888 - 08/08/17 10:15 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

O I c... yes that is not good at all.  First impressions can really be a good guide.

Ty CJ.

--------------------
Call me not rebel, though { here at every word
                          {in what I sing
If I no longer hail thee  { King and Lord
                          { Lord and King

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Glitchedz] * 1
    #24544004 - 08/10/17 03:15 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Glitchedz said:
Osho is a guru that gets mentioned semi-frequently around here, I am wondering what people's opinions of him is?

His name was Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a psychopathic cult leader (see https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Guru-Strange-Journey-Rajneesh/dp/0828906300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502398828&sr=8-1&keywords=the+golden+guru%2C+rajneesh) whose books were re-marketed with another name he had used at another time - Osho - after the name Rajneesh became associated with depravity, excess, and damage to his young and gullible acolytes.

Rajneesh held pro-Hitler sentiments based on his Aryan (Indian) heritage. He was a serial sex offender, for which there is ample testimony. He was accused of several high level crimes including the ordering of murder and of a biological attack on a neighboring town. The Wiki article below says that while these charges were initially greeted with skepticism, but eventuated confirmed. He amassed a fortune, including something like 64 Rolls Royce automobiles, and he sought to purchase and control a town in Wasco County, Oregon which was only briefly incorporated as a township, and populated by 1000 of his commune/cult members, before he was ousted from the United States. He died at age 58. Good riddance. I have known at least one seriously indoctrinated disciple who took a cult name from Rajneesh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneesh

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #24544648 - 08/10/17 07:41 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Glitchedz said:

His name was Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a psychopathic cult leader (see https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Guru-Strange-Journey-Rajneesh/dp/0828906300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502398828&sr=8-1&keywords=the+golden+guru%2C+rajneesh) whose books were re-marketed with another name he had used at another time - Osho - after the name Rajneesh became associated with depravity, excess, and damage to his young and gullible acolytes.

Rajneesh held pro-Hitler sentiments based on his Aryan (Indian) heritage. He was a serial sex offender, for which there is ample testimony. He was accused of several high level crimes including the ordering of murder and of a biological attack on a neighboring town. The Wiki article below says that while these charges were initially greeted with skepticism, but eventuated confirmed. He amassed a fortune, including something like 64 Rolls Royce automobiles, and he sought to purchase and control a town in Wasco County, Oregon which was only briefly incorporated as a township, and populated by 1000 of his commune/cult members, before he was ousted from the United States. He died at age 58. Good riddance. I have known at least one seriously indoctrinated disciple who took a cult name from Rajneesh.

His associate Sheila was a scumbag too.  Put rattlesnakes in peoples mailboxes and was instrumental in the bioterrorism at the salad bar in The Dalles.

Regardless, just like Carlos Castaneda the cult scammer, there are those on here who worship suck people for their brainwashing apparently. 

I'm still a little pissed about the Carlos books what a fraudster.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #24544817 - 08/10/17 08:59 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
I'm still a little pissed about the Carlos books what a fraudster.

:laugh:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #24544860 - 08/10/17 09:14 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just because you were unable to master bilocation doesn't mean that others failed as well. :ohwell:

Now go trim your tonals.

--------------------

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #24545173 - 08/11/17 01:01 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Might be a cultural thing because he did have a keen look in his eye. Might have just been high intelligence and the distance from mainstream culture that allowed him to turn something on - a little.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#24545199 - 08/11/17 01:16 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, Sheela was a scumbag too, and a whole generation is pissed because on my early trips I too looked for earthy "power spots" and I too got inebriated and ran down treacherous embankments with the "gait of power" (no doubt appropriated from actual Tibetan Lung-gompas).

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#24545206 - 08/11/17 01:21 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Just because you were unable to master bilocation doesn't mean that others failed as well. :ohwell:

Now go trim your tonals.

This is good, this is funny OC. :lol: Tonals/toe nails

BTW, at long last we both have something tangible in common: JSB as a houseguest.

--------------------

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24545235 - 08/11/17 02:31 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Twin Flame saga update? Is the magic still there?

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#24545413 - 08/11/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Now go trim your tonals.

This is good, this is funny OC. :lol: Tonals/toe nails

BTW, at long last we both have something tangible in common: JSB as a houseguest.

Life is A Grand?

--------------------

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Glitchedz]
    #24545570 - 08/11/17 08:41 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Hahaha he's a shark like all the gurus. Mix some trickster in ya got a party.

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24545573 - 08/11/17 08:42 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Trick ays3lf once be tricked.forever
Orgone your experi3nce is the most fascinating story to be divulged here. Gimme a ending for.the day of.my.life

Edited by Jaegar (08/11/17 08:56 AM)

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Jaegar]
    #24545760 - 08/11/17 10:26 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

the man has 50 rolls royces, but hey atleast hes not a pastor w/ 50 rolls royces cause that would make him a hypocrite lol.

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Green7Alchemist]
    #24545780 - 08/11/17 10:35 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

He is as holy as your butt hole. Same for budda and all the rest.

My perspective. Butt holes all the way.

Edited by Jaegar (08/11/17 10:37 AM)

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
    #24545894 - 08/11/17 11:27 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

anal is unclean...

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#24546528 - 08/11/17 04:20 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jaegar said:
Twin Flame saga update? Is the magic still there?

The illusion is real.

--------------------

Edited by LunarEclipse (08/11/17 04:26 PM)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#24546617 - 08/11/17 05:01 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

Now go trim your tonals.

Just because you never trimmed your tonals, doesn't mean you failed.  Now go, and bicycle in your lane, catch the wind of Las Vegas and enjoy that heat and the smell of fucking death with all the satanists who flock there.  Enjoy it.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#24546665 - 08/11/17 05:22 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Oooh that smell.

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#24546883 - 08/11/17 07:04 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Glitchedz said:

Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself? I know I have. :bye:

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Middleman]
    #24546897 - 08/11/17 07:10 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Glitchedz said:

His name was Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a psychopathic cult leader (see [url=https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Guru-Strange-Journey-Rajneesh/dp/0828906300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502398828&sr=8-1&keywords=the golden guru, rajneesh)&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1]https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Guru-Strange-Journey-Rajneesh/dp/0828906300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502398828&sr=8-1&keywords=the golden guru, rajneesh)[/url] whose books were re-marketed with another name he had used at another time - Osho - after the name Rajneesh became associated with depravity, excess, and damage to his young and gullible acolytes.

How did you becone a mod?  It's a joke.  Bye?  tired of repeating yourself?  Markos is the man you are a scam.  Fuck me.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

#24546929 - 08/11/17 07:25 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

Middleman said:
Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Glitchedz said:

His name was Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a psychopathic cult leader (see [url=https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Guru-Strange-Journey-Rajneesh/dp/0828906300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502398828&sr=8-1&keywords=the golden guru, rajneesh)&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1]https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Guru-Strange-Journey-Rajneesh/dp/0828906300/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502398828&sr=8-1&keywords=the golden guru, rajneesh)[/url] whose books were re-marketed with another name he had used at another time - Osho - after the name Rajneesh became associated with depravity, excess, and damage to his young and gullible acolytes.

How did you becone a mod?  It's a joke.  Bye?  tired of repeating yourself?  Markos is the man you are a scam.  Fuck me.

Really Middlescam man.  How did you become the mod?  Fucking joke tired of your jokester bullshit.  Scam.  Fucking scam.  Never a contribution.  Fucking scam.

--------------------

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Middleman]
    #24547019 - 08/11/17 08:18 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Good find MM.

Boom bada boom Osho

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Middleman] * 1
    #24547209 - 08/11/17 10:22 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

It's like a school here. Some newcomers miss certain lessons. Having been an educator I can say with confidence that repetition becomes necessary. Students and grad assistants learn to take the same lessons again in stride. Then there are variously motivated unhappy or disenfranchised non-students who attempt to insult others on these forums. As for me, I'm of the opinion that some teachings bear repeating. Manners is one of those teachings. I recommend that people who do not want to read my words simply put me on their personal Ignore list. I can accept and always use constructive criticism but non-constructive criticisms are boring, banal, and generally useless. :shrug:

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (08/12/17 11:30 AM)

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #24548754 - 08/12/17 05:26 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Osho sounds like a shady character but I've seen multiple people I respect praise his teachings.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Peyote Road] * 1
    #24551041 - 08/13/17 03:26 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Peyote Road said:
Osho sounds like a shady character but I've seen multiple people I respect praise his teachings.

Perhaps they were simply deceived like the rest of his acolytes and they fail to taste the massive nefarious shit in which the chocolate chips of wisdom are embedded. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

#24551136 - 08/13/17 04:11 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

It's one very important thing - the heart and / or the energy behind anything is very significant.

One may believe one is doing good -- indeed, by definition, just about, every single human ever to exist had believed this..  But if the energy is bad, the result will be too.

For instance, if someone is kind, strong and peaceful -- they will have beneficial effect.

The opposite is true as well..  So this is basically the case here.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #24554916 - 08/15/17 02:59 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

Peyote Road said:

Perhaps they were simply deceived like the rest of his acolytes and they fail to taste the massive nefarious shit in which the chocolate chips of wisdom are embedded. :shrug:

perhaps but interesting I just came across another example of his teachings being referenced positively on http://biologyofkundalini.com which I consider a very good website.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Peyote Road]
    #24555736 - 08/15/17 12:51 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I have passed through my phase of Kundalini Yoga theory and practice. I took a crash course with the 3HO Kundalini Yoga ashram in Princeton, NJ in 1975, read/visited Sri Chimney, read Gopi Krishna's books, and familiarized myself with the conceptual differences between the Kundalini-Shakti and the gTummo Inner Fire in Tantric Buddhism. Similarly, I have seen the parallels with the Kabbalistic Tree's 3 pillars as corresponding to the 3 main nadis, and written about Jacob's dream in the Old Testament where his 'stairway to Heaven' at a place called Luz (which means light, almond, and coccyx) refers symbolically to the amygdala ['almond'] in the brain, the coccyx where the Kundalini enters, and the light that results from the ascent. The angels ascending and descending is the current and Heaven is an experience of the Brain center illuminated. Jacob awakens and names Luz Bethel - House of God.

BUT...I do not need to read information that I already Know from a man who admired Adolph Hitler. I want nothing to do with unscrupulous people who hold out gems. I invited a few people to my home once and they apparently used the girl as a lure who introduced her friends, who I sensed had some ulterior motive for bringing me into some unknown shit. One guy was terribly accident-prone, had broken almost all his bones. Didn't sit down for their 3 hour visit. The other guy kept calling me to take me to a "Masonic" meeting. I am not a Freemason, and I didn't request initiation. Then he called to say he was sitting on 100 vials of "liquid" (presumably LSD), but he couldn't even lay me onto a single drop (not a vial). This was HIS gems, just as knowledge was for Osho. Well, the liquid-guy was either (1) lying, (2) a busted guy who needed to entrap others like me, (3) law enforcement himself, (4) a big-time drug dealer, (5) something more sinister trying to get me to get in a car with his 'Masonic' buddies for God knows what.

I trust my intuition. I was a Miami-Dade County Public School 'TRUST Specialist' for 27 years. I trust that anyone who speaks positively about anything about Hitler is NOT to be trusted.

--------------------

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (08/15/17 03:16 PM)

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
    #24559521 - 08/17/17 01:55 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not trying to defend Osho's character, I'm just commenting on how influential he seems to have been even outside of his cult following.

I remember being surprised one time listening to a Tony Parsons talk on youtube where Tony mentioned Osho and said something to effect of "Dear Osho, bless his heart". Tony Parsons lived at the Osho commune for 3 years. Anyway, like I said that's just one example of several places I've heard Osho mentioned in a positive light. That's rather unusual for someone whose followers poisoned a town.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Peyote Road]
    #24566334 - 08/19/17 10:52 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I am not without error. I took Transcendental Meditation, then entered into teacher-training, and then I discovered the writings of someone who had risen in the TM® ranks only to realize that there was a metaphysical deception occurring that was simply not apparent to anyone not versed in Sanskrit, or unawares of the material in The Garland of Letters by Sir Arthur Avalon AKA John Woodruff (the scholar who wrote The Serpent Power and Shakti and Shakta), which describes 'entities' (not God) which are invited to indwell the lotus of the heart, and which each new practitioner parrots before receiving their mantra. The mantras, which were said to be personalized were not. They were assigned by the age of the new practitioner. I have the list. The Beatles came to realize the nefarious aspect of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi early on. They wrote a song about him but changed the name from Maharishi to Sexy Sadie for obvious legal reasons. Listen to the words and you'll see it's about all of them being seduced by the Maharishi. I wish more information had been available to me in 1975.

Ken Wilber became enamored of the man Franklin Albert Jones who began his self-styled guru trip as Bubba Free John, and then took more and more exalted names: "Da Free John, Da Love-Ananda, Da Kalki, Da Avadhoota and Da Avabhasa, among others. From 1991 until his death, he was known as Adi Da Love-Ananda Samraj or Adi Da." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Da Da Kalki would suggest that he was the next avatar of God as Hindu scriptures prophesy. Adi is both a Hindu term for the Causeless Cause and a Buddhist term, the Adi-Buddha referring to Primordial Reality. Wilber eventually saw the light and abandoned his loyalty to this lifelong pretender.

I don't feel as dumb for my momentary loss of reason if a bright guy like Ken Wilber also got seduced by another human being with a gift for gab. Neither Maharishi nor Bubba were as sinister or as destructive to others as Osho seems to have been. Parsons probably benefitted from the love-bombing and free sex that abounded at the Rajneesh ashram. No surprise that he'd speak well of the man whose party it was. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineRaptoralic
Tomorrow Never Knows
Male

Loc: Utopia
    #24568760 - 08/21/17 05:57 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

My first contact with Osho was a book about zen but his misogyny and narcissism put me off. Puzzled by his success, I have read a little about his life and I see him as a mediocre business man who marketed spirituality. I see no philosophical  value here other then repeating some things others have said before him. I'm still puzzled by his success...

He transformed himself in a marketing ploy and now rich/upper middle-class customers are targeted by the heirs of his company. If you want a taste of being robbed and a feel of fascism, visit his meditation center in India. What's worse is that they use his teachings as unquestionable and undeniable rules so they can squeeze another penny from you.

http://www.osho.com/

--------------------
Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Opinions on Osho? [Re: Raptoralic]
    #24569722 - 08/21/17 03:21 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

No thanks. I saw what Rajneesh's influence did to an already personality-disordered late girlfriend of m BFF. I read The Golden Guru. I remember the news from Oregon. I don't need to be convinced of the man's abject sociopathy.The ONLY exception I'll make is this 5:17 video. Clearly, Rajneesh was not a pious man.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26zues

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale