Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Convince me Pink Floyd is good. *DELETED* [Re: musiclover420]
    #24535821 - 08/06/17 10:42 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Here is another one of my favorites, super underrated:

Pink Floyd - Country Song (The Red Queen Theme)

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #24535840 - 08/06/17 10:51 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

One last soundtrack song :lol:

Pink Floyd - Blues Scene (from the soundtrack of Zabriskie Point Session) (1969)

Some great blues :jamming:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineDemitrifruit
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Convince me Pink Floyd is good. [Re: SARAtonin] * 2
    #24535880 - 08/06/17 11:17 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Pink floyd Is not the typical dance music by any means. IMO its a genre of its own. documentaries about them have taken some of the magic away from it to me. however, i blocked that out because we are all human. the point is the music. the point is what the songs mean to YOU. for me, Pink Floyd - great gig in the sky has meaning that really hits my heart more than any other song. I wont go into detail too much, but the situation, being "coincidence" or martyr, of when my buddy took me to try dmt had profound significance and meaning to me. on the walk up to the spot i had that song stuck in my head. specifically the quote "I'm not afraid of dieing, why should i be? theres no reason for it, you have to go sometime...". a week later he passed away. the irony was ludicrous but i have never cared for a friend in my whole life as much as i did him and some odd force pulled me to that spot early the next morning. then it hit me. dejavu, that quote played in my head and i was speachless with unexplainable feelings. i looked down in the sand some feet away and saw his actual foot print from that fatefull night. you see, he was wearing the running shoes that look like reinforced socks with toe slots. it was unmistakeable as this is not a normal spot for random people. im talking way off in the outskirts of town. The next day all of our close friends went out and casted a mold of his footprint and have kept it ever since. needless to say I will never look at pink floyd the same.  RIP to the most genuine soul Ive met.

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

Re: Convince me Pink Floyd is good. [Re: musiclover420]
    #24536369 - 08/07/17 07:28 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

Ibex-Trismegistus said:
Ok, I love the grateful dead and the bands associated with them, I love the doors, I love Jefferson airplane and I love Jimi Hendrix...

But I can not stand pink Floyd.

I can not stand the rolling stones, I don't like the who, or any of those other nonsense acts that people assume I would like.

The stones are terrible, something about Mick Jagger just makes me cringe every time I see him. It's obviously an act with these guys, I watch old videos of them and think "stop trying so hard and just act natural" it all just seems completely ridiculous in my eyes.

As for pink Floyd, the music isn't bad, it's just not necessarily my style, all of that farty old rock seems to be lacking an air of reality to it.

I never got into the Who or Stones but those are 3 very different bands.

Pink floyd alone has a ton of very unique music spanning the decades they were together.

I think some of their music would be almost anyone's style if they are unbiased, they have a lot of great mellow classic stuff through modern far out heavy stuff.

Pink Floyd is more real then a lot of music IMO, both lyric wise and music wise. David Gilmour puts a lot of emotion into his playing and they have a ton of great lyrics.

Some of the Roger Waters floyd is definitely a bit more "fake" you could say maybe but he wrote some great stuff as well :shrug:

I agree, the stones, Led Zeppelin, the who, and Floyd are entirely different bands. ( and i can not stand led Zeppelin, or the stones, or the who )

My issue was because I love the grateful dead, Jefferson airplane, the doors, Jimi Hendrix, and bands of this sort that people will automatically assume that that I am a fan of the stones, Led Zeppelin, the who, and Floyd.

Floyd is actually one of the better bands of that time, and I suppose that Floyd is quite a bit more real than the other bands I mentioned. I mean, Floyd is good stuff, I just couldn't ever get into it. I don't deny that floyd had talent, while with the other bands on my "dislike" list the talent is debatable.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

Stranger

Re: Convince me Pink Floyd is good. *DELETED* [Re: twighead]
    #24536385 - 08/07/17 07:45 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
TBH I wanted to kill myself last fall trimming around hardcore deadheads for days on end... "AWW MAN LETS LISTEN TO LITTLE LUCIES CHOO CHOO TRAIN 94" "No way man 83' is the best version" "OK LETS LISTEN TO BOTH" *40 minutes of pointless noodling*  then when anyone plays music besides dead, or phish or someshit they have this vaguely disappointed look like their wife hasn't been home for 7 hours and they think she's fucking some other guy.

Phish is terrible, phish is like the college student wanna-be-hippie go to band in my eyes, or like all the kids who are just discovering cannabis and want to rebel tend to like phish, but I have always thought they were awful, kind of like a gimmick, or a theft of jam music specifically for marketing to suburban middle school stoners. (These are just my opinions, and I do not mean to offend  )

I love the grateful dead, they have to be my all time favorite band, but I also understand how some deadheads can be pretty insufferable.

Dead fans are diverse, look at a dead show, you will have your bikers, your run of the mill hippies, your psychedelic enthusiasts, there will be "psychedelic cowboy" types, there are recorders (this was a point where I respect the dead as well, they allowed individuals to bring in recording gear and tape their shows) there were the "spinners", these people are like a modern Sufi sect, they are like the whirling dervishes in the Sufi tradition, only the dead "spinners" have some strange notion of jerry as a God or something to that effect. There are deaf people holding balloons to hear the music through the vibrating balloons in their hands. There are general music nerds, there are hells angels, there are old hippies from the 60s and 70s, young kids just exploring music and psychedelics, there are mothers nursing children, artists, poets, vendors, and so on, dead shows are diverse, dead fans are diverse.

Though I can understand how straight people (square people) might have issue with dead heads, hell, even deadheads don't like every deadhead out there.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

Stranger

#24536405 - 08/07/17 08:02 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

twighead said:
TBH I wanted to kill myself last fall trimming around hardcore deadheads for days on end... "AWW MAN LETS LISTEN TO LITTLE LUCIES CHOO CHOO TRAIN 94" "No way man 83' is the best version" "OK LETS LISTEN TO BOTH" *40 minutes of pointless noodling*  then when anyone plays music besides dead, or phish or someshit they have this vaguely disappointed look like their wife hasn't been home for 7 hours and they think she's fucking some other guy.

That's how I feel around people who listen to ridiculous hip hop...

Last time I trimmed down in Cali some dude was playing R Kelly and it was hilariously bad :uhoh:

I used to do trimming and other work for a dispensary that was owned and operated by people who did not even smoke cannabis, it was pretty bad they we're basically just a bunch of greedy white people who saw a chance to cash in. the messed up part is they managed to run any real cannabis smokers out of the business before they ran the business into the ground. Karma I guess. Greed is the biggest detriment to modern cannabis. Well, greed and non-cannabis users trying to get involved in a business they don't belong in.

I love all music, as long as it's good.

I love hip-hop, but not so much the mainstream hip-hop.

I love eyedea and abilities, sage Francis, lucid optics, dead prez, NWA, public enemy, I used to love old "stretch and bobito show" mixtapes, or old tapes from "the good life cafe"

There is tons of good hip hop out there, more than I can list.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale