Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Shroomery University

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesavagemessiah115
I'm a teapot User Gallery
A curious mind matters!?
    #24535077 - 08/06/17 06:06 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Hello fellow humans... I'm just a curious mind with a few questions that suddenly crossed my mind!
Like...
1. When growing, why is contamination so bad!
      I mean other then you know black mold,It's more of, why can't I pull out the successful portion of mycellium and mayhaps use it for something else like out door!?
2. Why are we afraid of contam on BRF but not on a cow patty or while hunting!?
My third question slips my wondering mind so I'll leave you with this!
I know my questions may seem weak or in-experienced...but I have to know everything about everything so I'm not left in question! Thank you for your time!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: A curious mind matters!? [Re: savagemessiah115]
    #24535092 - 08/06/17 06:13 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Contamination isn't "bad" it's actually natural and common, it's something you should expect, but do your best to prevent.
Contamination means no harm it's simply another organism trying to survive, who just happened to enjoy the food and environment you supplied.
You can remove contaminated sections and still have success, but people don't recommend it because you'll be spreading contaminant spores in your growing area, so they will tell you to get rid of it quickly. Putting contaminated substrates outside will often produce wonderful fruits, and as long as the mold or bacteria is not growing directly on the fruits themselves, they are still fine to eat.

You should treat all contams equally, if you see other fungi or bacterial spots on a fruit outdoors, don't eat it.
Mushrooms do get contams outdoors, it's just very rare because of the incredible amount of moving fresh air where Psilocybe cubensis grows.
The sometimes limited airflow indoors along with the maximum humidity you grow mushrooms in creates an optimal place for molds and bacteria to grow.
Thus the contams are more common indoors.

:heart:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinesavagemessiah115
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Re: A curious mind matters!? [Re: Tmethyl]
    #24535104 - 08/06/17 06:21 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! And thanks for the helpful info!now I know what to do just in case!
If I knew how to give your reply a thumbs up, I would!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

General Interest >> Shroomery University

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman
620 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.02 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.