Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

Poppy question
    #2452935 - 03/19/04 09:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was at this farm and the dude was growing poppies, they are still in the lettuce stage and are very big. he was kinda panicing about them and was considering pulling them out. I advised against it (I have never seen one in person) and he said that he would just pull them and smoke the leaves. Can you do that? I thought the leaves contained no good stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Poppy question [Re: OOKLA]
    #2452957 - 03/19/04 09:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You can't smoke the leaves, that will do nothing. You want the latex from the pods some 3 to 4 days after petal drop by scraping, and/or collect the pods and the top 3" of stem when dry to make an edible putty. In other words, the plants must go the FULL cycle.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #2452968 - 03/19/04 09:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

why the hell would he pull them out? what good would that do? he should just leave em', they grow really fast and go into flower in a matter of a few weeks. and you said the lettuce was really big which means it will grow flowers in about a week or two...but yes you can get high on the leaves. i smoke em' all the time. the whole plant even the root has opium in it. but the flower pod has the highest content. the opium poppy is a wonderful plant! you can make a smoking blend out of the leaves, HARVEST OPIUM, make tea out of the straw, save the seeds for cooking or future grow (each pod has something like a 1000 seeds), or just have an awesome flower with beautiful colors unfold infront of your eyes. it's definately a rewarding hobby. don't pull em... they will treat you well

peace
Psilostylin' :beer:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2453873 - 03/20/04 09:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So say you make a full meal with leaves and cooked seeds and straw tea, would you get effects from eating all this and drinking the tea?

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Poppy question [Re: filthysock]
    #2454036 - 03/20/04 11:07 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yes you would, from the straw and leaves but not the seeds. the seeds contain no opium at all. the tea is great! it's one of my top 3 bevarages ever. you can make it from the flowers after they've been milked too many times. stalks,leaves and roots.... so nothing goes to waste...but most of the time the roots are not used.

peace
Psilostylin

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2454138 - 03/20/04 11:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I lost a $10 bet when I was a young pup...

This guy told me poppy seeds could get you stoned (we didn't know back then that edible poppies and medicinal poppies were 1 and the same...)

We got 1kg of poppy seeds from the health store... put them in 2, 2 litre milk botles with some warm water and lemon juice and shook the guts outta tem for 2 hours (probably overkill...)

Drank the resulting (milky white) fluid with great difficulty.. not nice... and got quite opiated.

I've heard since that the seeds aren't active, but they have a certain amount of residue left on them.

This isn't a bullshit erowid report... It does indeed work (but tastes like shit)

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale