Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineseafacing
Stranger
 User Gallery

mycelium honey LC tek questions
    #24526757 - 08/03/17 08:35 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I made these honey LC yesterday watching otto's honey LC tek. And its been a little less than 24 hours. It's Golden teacher. They were in the same environment, but only one of them are blooming with white little things, which I suspect, mycelium. The jar with less matter looks like its germinating too. I see very little white matters but its still present.
So I have some questions: 1.Do honey teks normally take this fast? I heard it takes about a week to use it. 2. How do I know if they are not the contams? are contams white too? 3. Would using mycelium transfer take less time to fully colonize the brf jar?

Thank you so much everyone.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomway
It's me!
Male

Re: mycelium honey LC tek questions [Re: seafacing]
    #24526780 - 08/03/17 08:53 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Seafacing, it can be quick or slow. Two weeks is also very possible. It depends on the culture and temp and your conditions I guess.

The tricky thing with LC is that it is hard to spot contams. Sometimes it is clear they are present; the water can become murky and that's when you know it is contaminated. But most of the time with LC's you can not tell... Just my two cents...

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: mycelium honey LC tek questions [Re: seafacing] * 1
    #24526784 - 08/03/17 08:59 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24511487#24511487

^ Here's how I do LC.

Did you inoculate this with spores? If you did, then you are far from experienced enough to be using LC.

BRF cakes are forgiving enough for most spore syringes, but they are simply not clean enough for liquid culture. Its even risky to inoculate grains with spore syringes. Any bacteria or mold will expand rapidly in the LC broth

LC needs to be inoculated with  clean culture. To get a clean culture you need to germinate the spores on an agar plate and then make transfers to new plated until you are absolutely sure you have a clean culture , and then you inoculate the LC with a wedge of the agar.

But after that , you still need to test that LC on agar before using it to inoculate anything.

Hopeful this will discourage you. Lots of new cultivators get suckered in with very poor LC tens, get lucky, and continue to spread bad info/use LC until they lose an entire grow thanks to it.

If you have a pressure cooker, I suggest you learn agar work to start (easy) and how to make clean grain spawn for bulk grows. If you don't have a PC, stick to PF Tek.

To answer your question, there is no way to know if an LC is clean without testing it first.

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Offlineseafacing
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium honey LC tek questions [Re: mushpunx]
    #24526884 - 08/03/17 10:06 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you so much for your advice !
I simply don't have enough material and time at the moment.
going to go to army in a month (I am in Asia btw). I am already growing couple of cakes using brf. And I was just looking for quick fast ways to produce more shroomies at the time haha. Thanks a lot. I will definitely try working on agar culture when I go back to the states after the service. Wish me luck !

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: mycelium honey LC tek questions [Re: seafacing]
    #24527708 - 08/03/17 04:57 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Yea good luck ! You'll have much more consistent success by making spore syringes and using those than spore to LC :thumbup:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation