Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Does severe depression ever go away *DELETED*
    #24524385 - 08/02/17 10:45 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Anonymous

Reason for deletion: There's enough out there to be bummed about

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #24524397 - 08/02/17 10:52 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Prevention of pain is the prevention of growth. It is through pain that we learn and we grow. If there were no pain we would never be able to achieve happiness because there is no reason to appreciate life without pain, nothing to grow from, and nothing to overcome, nothing to be proud of.

There is a reason for everything in our world.

If you filled a backpack with weights and carried it around for a week when you finally took it off you would feel light as a feather. Like you could just float away. The experience would also make you stronger.

You want life. You just don't understand specifically what you want from it. Don't know the reality of how to achieve it. Keep pushing, keep learning, keep growing, and have some hope... You'll figure it out.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

#24524418 - 08/02/17 11:13 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Life is beautiful in my eyes, the world is an amazing place, I've to study chemistry, physics, math and so on, I love to be in nature, I love simply understanding and observing this magnificent planet.

Wei Po-yang was a Taoist philosopher and alchemist. Wei Po-yang would say "worry is preposterous, you don't know enough to worry"

There are not any reasons to be depressed, this universe is full of magic, and life, and light, and wonder, you are given this amazing opportunity to explore this beautiful existence, take the opportunity and use it well.

It helps if you regulate your surroundings, meaning eliminate the negative, do not watch negative television or movies, do not listen to negative music, do not participate in negative conversations, avoid negative thoughts, avoid negative art and surroundings, and only surround yourself with living, positive, happy, good hearted individuals who are able to bring your surroundings to life, whose very presence fills you with a rush of enthusiasm and joy equal to their own.

When I was younger I suffered from mild depression, though after serious psychedelic venturing, and a specific high dose DMT experience, I have been unable to feel depressed.

I guess when you receive a clear view of life and death, and when you directly confront death and begin to understand the nature of life, depression will become an impossibility.

This is the biggest detriment to western culture, their lack of shamanism. In traditional cultures when entering adulthood the child would go off with a shaman, they would learn the true nature of life, everything superficial becomes exposed and you realize that this situation is serious, through venturing with this shaman every member of the society would enter adulthood with a clear view on life. People in Western cultures are psychologically neotenized, and as a result of this neotenization, this never reaching full psychological maturity, as a result of never gaining a deep personal understanding of life and death, people in the west are plagued with self-inflicted psychological disordered such as anxiety and depression.

Rather than thinking "how do I feel better?" or "how can I fix this depression?" You should be thinking "what parts of this existence am I misunderstanding"

Psychological disorders can also be chemical, though psychedelics appear to permanently adjust ones physical brain as well as their General psychological state.

Quote:

Long-term use of psychedelic drugs is associated with differences in brain structure and personality in humans.

Abstract
Psychedelic agents have a long history of use by humans for their capacity to induce profound modifications in perception, emotion and cognitive processes. Despite increasing knowledge of the neural mechanisms involved in the acute effects of these drugs, the impact of sustained psychedelic use on the human brain remains largely unknown. Molecular pharmacology studies have shown that psychedelic 5-hydroxytryptamine (5HT)2A agonists stimulate neurotrophic and transcription factors associated with synaptic plasticity. These data suggest that psychedelics could potentially induce structural changes in brain tissue. Here we looked for differences in cortical thickness (CT) in regular users of psychedelics. We obtained magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) images of the brains of 22 regular users of ayahuasca (a preparation whose active principle is the psychedelic 5HT2A agonist N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT)) and 22 controls matched for age, sex, years of education, verbal IQ and fluid IQ. Ayahuasca users showed significant CT differences in midline structures of the brain, with thinning in the posterior cingulate cortex (PCC), a key node of the default mode network. CT values in the PCC were inversely correlated with the intensity and duration of prior use of ayahuasca and with scores on self-transcendence, a personality trait measuring religiousness, transpersonal feelings and spirituality. Although direct causation cannot be established, these data suggest that regular use of psychedelic drugs could potentially lead to structural changes in brain areas supporting attentional processes, self-referential thought, and internal mentation. These changes could underlie the previously reported personality changes in long-term users and highlight the involvement of the PCC in the effects of psychedelics.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25637267

Confront death, high dose DMT is the best way in my opinions to do this, it allows one to confront death, to shed programming, and to become reborn in superior condition, endowed with clarity and understanding regarding the deepest mysteries of conscious existence.

I am just writing without thinking now, but the first half of this post probably contained some valuable wisdom.

There is no reason to be sad, life is beautiful, the planet is endlessly fascinating, captivating, and overflowing with mystery, magic, and natural beauty...

...you just need to open your eyes (mind)

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24524420 - 08/02/17 11:14 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

OP you sound like a frustrated Buddhist monk right now, :cheers:
life is suffering, remove desire and ego to end the vicious cycle.

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24524425 - 08/02/17 11:18 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Getting drunk won't solve your problems.

Seriously, consuming some LSD or DMT might actually help, but consuming alcohol is only going to deepen your misery and create further problems, there are no solutions in that bottle, though they have been found through meditation, through good works, through psychedelics, or through thought.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus] * 1
    #24524510 - 08/02/17 12:00 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I'd not resort to any drugs. They can help give you introspection but they aren't needed for it. And it can make everything profoundly worse by re emersing you in the experience you are trying to let go of.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
    #24524727 - 08/02/17 01:44 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Severe depression is beatable. So, yes, sometimes it goes away. Sometimes after being in the dark for a long time the light looks more beautiful than you've ever seen it. After having known depression the ecstasy of joy can truly be appreciated.

--------------------
Space is the Place

OfflineProzac
Hotdogs

Loc: Miami, FL Flag
Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #24526116 - 08/03/17 12:15 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Life may not have everything you want, but it has pretty much everyone you love, doesn't it? Family and friends. That should be enough. You don't need what you want. I know sometimes it feels like it's not enough. You want more and more and more. You want something beyond life... to the point where you're willing to do something stupid to almost end your own. Just to find out what the purpose is. What's on the other side. But it can wait. Life is more precious and beautiful than you realize. Your eyes are closed. You're only seeing what you want to see. Open your eyes and you'll see people, our planet, life... all beautiful. It took me forever to realize this. And at great cost.

Edited by Prozac (08/03/17 12:16 AM)

OfflinetheRealrollforever
Selfproclaimedwizard
 User Gallery

Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: Prozac]
    #24526383 - 08/03/17 02:10 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Prozac said:
Life may not have everything you want, but it has pretty much everyone you love, doesn't it? Family and friends. That should be enough. You don't need what you want. I know sometimes it feels like it's not enough. You want more and more and more. You want something beyond life... to the point where you're willing to do something stupid to almost end your own. Just to find out what the purpose is. What's on the other side. But it can wait. Life is more precious and beautiful than you realize. Your eyes are closed. You're only seeing what you want to see. Open your eyes and you'll see people, our planet, life... all beautiful. It took me forever to realize this. And at great cost.

i like this much sir

--------------------
:wizard: :wizard:
sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineProzac
Hotdogs

Loc: Miami, FL Flag
Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #24526432 - 08/03/17 02:29 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

theRealrollforever said:
Quote:

Prozac said:

i like this much sir

Ma'am. And thank you.

I speak from experience. Life is much too precious to waste, to throw away. My depression almost got the best of me. Almost. But I had my family. I had my friends. And I fell in love. And that changed me, for the better.

OP. You may or may not have fallen in love yet, but you still have family and friends. They love you. They care for you. And those you've lost (if you have) would want you to be strong. Not for them, but for yourself. The only person you have to prove something to in this life is yourself. And you can do that. We can all do that.

--------------------
"And what if the world goes up in flames tomorrow and you die with that stick still up your ass?!"

Hotdogs. I like them.

Edited by Prozac (08/03/17 02:37 AM)

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #24530996 - 08/04/17 10:56 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:

Fuck the world, happiness is a delusion. I'm gonna go get drunk

Just want to make sure you know that ethanol is a depressant.

Before you blame the world for your depression, look in the mirror.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #24531692 - 08/05/17 07:38 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:

Is he not also earth?

--------------------
Space is the Place

InvisibleCyrus19
Represents Enlil's Hope

#24534532 - 08/06/17 01:01 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
People always say they need and struggle to find purpose, a point to life. I'm sure there is no such thing. Life is what you make of it blah blah... what if life has nothing you want? What if there is nothing that makes you happy or content?

If there is one purpose to life, it is to prevent pain. Life is a cycle of pain and then relief from that pain.

Alcohol abuse makes depression worse it may not feel like it at the time but it does trust me I've lived it. Medication and therapy are what brought me out of it

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Does severe depression ever go away [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #24545216 - 08/11/17 03:31 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

Anonymous said:

Is he not also earth?

Yes.  He said, "Fuck the world" so does that means "Fuck myself"?

Maybe he's drinking from the tarnished chalice of self-loathing . . .

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Ayahuasca

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being