Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24531145 - 08/04/17 10:02 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

My supermarket has some real nice WBS for 12 bucks for a 20lb bag. It's so amazingly clean no junk. Mostly millet and something that looks like sorghum and very few black oil sunflower seeds where are super tiny. I may switch to WBS afterall and stop feeding it to the ducks. Well maybe I'll feed a little to the ducks.

I'm drilling holes in jars with  my new drill. It's fun.

The company that accidentally send me a bag of moldy oyster spawn has decided to give me 1000 maitake dowels free along with a new order. If I plant the dowels in the fall will they pop up in the spring?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemynakedrat
The phantom hourglass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Inner Astral levels Flag
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24531159 - 08/04/17 10:07 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Got everything prepped to make some pastys...

Wife didn't get the agar from local Asian market.
Midnight myc resumes tomorrow I suppose

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24531170 - 08/04/17 10:10 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Awwwe no agar. Lame. :tongue2: Tell her I said she's lame. :ducklol:

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24531220 - 08/04/17 10:33 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Didn't get around to prepping LC solution and agar. Just got home from helping out my neighbor. Looks like LC and agar are on the agenda for tomorrow. Probably need to make some transfers off of some of my germ plates too. Man, if I get started now I'll probably watch the sun come up. Think I'll opt for sleep tonight and do it tomorrow. Was up till 4am last night.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LotKid]
    #24531288 - 08/04/17 11:18 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I was just thinking about my trip to the local feed and garden and pet and well bait and tackle store a few days ago. Yeah weirdest store ever I discovered in my hometown and not typical for the area. It was just tucked in the back on some road in a small warehouse area. I can get stuff I can't get anywhere else. Guy said he can even order me stuff. I can get everything from chopped hay to hydrated lime to worm casting to wood pellets and anything really. I have to actually call and see if they have or can order in large quantities of rye. Got two nice bags of cocoa mulch and some other things. I wish It wasn't 45 minutes before closing when I went. I could have stayed in that place all day trying to find things to use. The guy seemed pretty cool. He was super stoned and every time I asked if they had something he said no and I ended up finding it. The funniest was the hydrated lime because it was in a bright yellow bag with giant letters. He listed off every other kind of lime but hydrated. He asked me what I was doing with all the stuff and I figured he was cool so I was like I'm growing oyster mushrooms. He's like are they for eating or the trippy kind or decoration. I scratched my head for a second cause I just said oyster mushrooms and then wondered who grows mushrooms for decorations. Anyways he mentioned something about having a friend who would come to get wheat husks for growing mushrooms but he didn't know why. I bet his other friend is growing the fun kind too. But we can't tell all our secrets can we. It seems like we were both carefully skirting around the topic. It was a bit dirty and had a really vintage feel to it. They didn't tarp anything outside so I couldn't buy any of the manure based stuff they had because some of it was split open and plants were growing out of it and it looked sketchy. I really like this store and I feel super lucky to have found this one stop shop for my needs. Before I was busing to multiple stores. Now I can walk a mile load up and take a cab home. :gethigh:

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (08/04/17 11:30 PM)

Offlinetrollbutter
Neet
Male

#24531395 - 08/05/17 01:02 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

yeah love those awkward moments I always say its for my orchids n ferns they never know lol

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: trollbutter]
    #24533467 - 08/05/17 07:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Well I am in for a little of the ol' Midnight Mycology this evening.  Tonight on the docket is to get in the lab, and take this nice clone from my Nu Maung tub, as well as, extract, and dunk 34 pan cakes as to have them prepared to case in the morning.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24533566 - 08/05/17 08:36 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

i did pan cyan wild tampa today on the g2g. did LI of matias romero cubensis to 5 quarts. got a really slow culture and only want to test out one tub. ill take prints if it does well.

on the horizon i think i want to roll with ape again for fun. because they are fun. and i want to test them with these filters.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (08/05/17 08:36 PM)

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: eatyualive]
    #24533691 - 08/05/17 09:18 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I just opened my cooker finally and it smells a bit weird. I may have let it run a little dry. Turned all the grain a weird brown color and it smells kinda like baked beans. I suppose it's still good though. It's nice and moist. At least I know it's sterile. I think I'll put a few extra inches of water in next time. Luckily it didn't run dry cooking because everything is still shiny but from releasing pressure. Mycology has such a learning curve. I knew I'd have to mess at least one thing up on my first grain run. :sunsalutation:

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (08/05/17 09:19 PM)

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24533696 - 08/05/17 09:20 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

if it smells burnt its probably too little water. look at your grain. is the bottom a little toasty?

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24533709 - 08/05/17 09:28 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I'm pretty sure I ran out of water since there was none left at the bottom when I opened it. The grains don't look terrible though and seem to look like a lot of other peoples grains. They just smell weird like baked beans and I didn't expect it to get as dark as it did. I've never smelled rye cooked before. It's still good hopefully. I'll just add more water so it doesn't get toasted at the bottom again. Are you saying the grain isn't moist enough? I'm pretty sure it was. If I cooked it any longer it would have split and got mushy.It soaked for 15 hours too.

Edited by TheBlackCat (08/05/17 09:30 PM)

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24533713 - 08/05/17 09:33 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

should be ok if its not dark brown. ive overcooked a few batches and the grain looks a little darker than normal. but it worked as long as the pressure cook was long enough at the right psi.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24533726 - 08/05/17 09:40 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

:whathesaid:

T-minus 20 minutes and counting,  shoot, guess I should get geared up.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24533727 - 08/05/17 09:41 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Well good thing is there was just enough steam in it not to burn the bottom of my pot. I love vinegar for my PC. I'm so glad I read about it somewhere. I buy vinegar by the gallon now and dump in at least a quarter cup. My PC stays shiny and my jars come out all clean and shiny.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24533732 - 08/05/17 09:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:

I know what time zone you are in now hamloaf. :wink:

Oh and I pressure cooked my grain for Almost 2 hrs just to be safe because my gauge fluctuates between 12-14.

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24533733 - 08/05/17 09:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

damn this free ufc card is badass. so far almost all knockouts and submissions.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24533734 - 08/05/17 09:46 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheBlackCat said:
Quote:

hamloaf said:

I know what time zone you are in now hamloaf. :wink:

Oh and I pressure cooked my grain for Almost 2 hrs just to be safe because my gauge fluctuates between 12-14.

Oh no, haha.  I meant t - minus 20 minutes until my hood has been running long enough to achieve sterilie equilibrium inside of the lab, and I can go in there.  I see what you're saying though, and for me it's T-minus 74 minutes.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24533742 - 08/05/17 09:51 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Hehehehe. I was thinking about chicken shit. Yeah I'm thinking about chicken shit in the middle of the night. What is the ratio of chicken shit I should use versus my other ingredients in my substrate. I heard it's a lot stronger than cow manure. And how is worm castings relative to manure?  Can it replace manure?

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24533760 - 08/05/17 09:59 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I also keep waffling over whether or not I should purchase these synthetic filter disks at 92 cents each. Is that a good price. Is it even worth getting them if you can afford them?

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24533767 - 08/05/17 10:06 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

if your adding them to your lids. you can cut a pattern with dime size pieces to fit hundreds of lids. i can cut 25 plus filters per sfd. so you only need to order 3 tops and you can do about 75 quart jars of grain for filters with sfd. you could also try unmodified lids like pasty does. i don't like messing with things. if i have 80 quarts. id rather just shake when needed and not have to make sure i unscrew 80 lids after a shake. thats screwing and unscrewing 80 times or more per shake for me. thats alot.

check it out. i think it would be better to cut the pieces into squares. when you do a circle template(i use a nickel or dime) you get wasted pieces. i drill 1/4" holes in the lids themselves. they do crack so keep a consistent speed till you push through the lid.

to me its the difference between riding a crappy old mostor cycle and driving a brand new harley.

you could drive either and get from point A to point B. but which one would you want to drive or be seen in public driving?

disregard the two filters. i used to have whatman ports and ships in my lids. so all the old converted jars have two sfd's on them.

for all the new jars i drill 1 hole right down the center. 1/4" hole.

here we go, this has an assortment of old and new jars. the 1 hole central filtered jars are newer lids. the older double filters are old lids. you can see one blue ship in the image that was missed along the way. that will have to be switched out when i can remember haha.

i have to say, ive used rusted ass band lids for years. but these are super easy, easily store and clean. easy to clean. i don't have to search for bands and lids and drop them all over the floor.

this batch has more of the newer lids. you can see my rusted ass regular mouth 1/2 pint bands with pour lids with magnets on them.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract