Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkulltivator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24584721 - 08/28/17 07:17 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Oh Lot is sleep'n haha.

Yeah, figured that out!

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Sterilizing jars, pastuerizing straw N started germing cacti and morning glory seeds wile y'all sleep'n :lol:
Really im just not able to sleep even though i feel like ragged shit.

Quote:

TheBlackCat said:
Can't sleep either. Now you have me thinking of the 20 some odd agar jars I need to dump and bleach.

I was working late. Myc was my reward afterward!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: Skulltivator]
    #24585301 - 08/28/17 12:48 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, i was sleeping. Damn job. Keep telling myself its temporary. Be working for myself again soon.

Skull, I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LotKid]
    #24585444 - 08/28/17 01:39 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Some of them are. Most are just way past their prime. I have to do it outside and not in my grow room. Cause duh. But not sure what the neighbors will think of it.

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24585939 - 08/28/17 04:51 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Skull, you're fruits looked good to me. You got some solid advice too. I was gonna recommend putting a fan in the room for circulation but looks like you've done that. You should be good. Just keep them hydrated. Keep up the good work.

My new job just put me on a new schedule. Starting tomorrow night I'll be working midnight to 8am. Then a 12 hour shift on saturdays, 8pm to 8am sunday morning. So looks like sundays will be my midnight mycology nights for the next couple months until I move out of this crappy state. At least I should have a decent bit of change stacked up for the move. Can't wait! Then it's on!

Gonna pour some plates later. Guess I should stay up and go to bed around sunrise. :lol:

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #24585949 - 08/28/17 04:57 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Lol fuck that, night shifts suck:mad2:

Im waiting to see if i fucked my plates up, leaving them in a warm room for another day or 2.
But i got a couple jars noc'd up that i sterilized last..well this morning

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24585963 - 08/28/17 05:05 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Eh, I figure I'm a night owl anyway. Also, night shift pays a dollar more an hour. With the 12 hour Saturday shifts I should rack up some time and half and double time. Punching a clock and paying taxes sucks in my book regardless. Been a long time since I've done that. Forgot how much I hate it. But the money will make it easier for me to get up and running full time again once I get outta here. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24585979 - 08/28/17 05:14 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I think I'm swiping spores from 2001 prints that are unlabeled. Also going to put a apeu swab on agar, old 2009 Tasmanian, Texas yellow cap from my fresh prints!

Also putting my 2014 tyc clone to a transfer to get a few more flushes!

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: eatyualive]
    #24585989 - 08/28/17 05:23 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I actually cleaned my jars and plates. Yay! But now I have a mild headache. Cause bleach sensitivity. Uggh. But it's the only fucking thing that works that I have in the house. Going to have to get a jug of quat sanitizer.

It's weird cause you see all these little bits of mycelium attached to agar floating at the top. I just quickly scrape them out and drop them in.

On another note is the fact that I used micropore tape on all the holes on my tub while it's colonizing a bad idea? And I kinda blanked and have two tubs without liner. Sigh. And I specifically purchased a nice box of liner material.

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (08/28/17 05:32 PM)

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24586002 - 08/28/17 05:28 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

When I make plates later I have a feeling some TYC spores will find their way on one. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24586016 - 08/28/17 05:33 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

TYC?

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24586019 - 08/28/17 05:34 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Texas Yellow Cap. Thanks again eat. :super:

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24586078 - 08/28/17 06:03 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I just got some TOC from Psilo. Super excited to try them out.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #24586080 - 08/28/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

No cubes for me well except 1 clone, ima try to clean my pan trop and start the alutacea. My later flushes have crapped out on me. 3.15 aint alot but i should get good visuals like i have before. I need a heavy hitter.
Ill put more effort into more cube R&E when i get more plates

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24586084 - 08/28/17 06:07 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm working on Psilocybe alutacea (Heyowana genetics) and it seems that some cultures will produce primordia on half strength PDYA so last night I transferred some of these primordia to fresh PDYA dishes, this may be a head start in the domestication of that species.

I also observed all of my culture dishes and small test grain jars, the Panaeolus cinctulus which I found fruiting in one of my house plants has germinated and also P. alutacea grows almost twice as fast on RGS than it does on Rye grain or Rye berries as most call it here.

I have many other cultures which I'll mention as I work on them including Lentinula edodes (clone from fresh store brought fruit bodies), Pleurotus pulmonarius (clone from fresh store brought fruit bodies), Stropharia rugosoannulata (wild clone, extremely robust, first fruiting attempt underway), Woodland red staining Agaricus sp (wild clone, extremely slow growing on all agar recipes, help needed?), Psilocybe papuana (Heyowana genetics, first fruiting attempt underway)
Most of my work finishes around or just after midnight:cool:

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: inski]
    #24586120 - 08/28/17 06:27 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hi, inski.  Sounds like you have some pretty cool projects going on.  Always been fascinated by Panaeolus Cinctulus.  I have that same wild Ps. Alutaceae.  Was pretty satisfied with it's growth rate on regular MEA, but if you say it begins to pin on half strength PDYA, then I will try that.  After a few transfers the culture was put to sterilized whole oats, and it's aggressively ripping through these whole oats.  The mycel is a lot thinner than cubes, but it took a shake like a champ, and began to take off, exponentially.  I like your tip over the RGS.  In the wild these things grow on wombat crap.  As far as I know wombats eat grass and such, so I am planning on putting a little bit of composted grass clippings into a straw, and horse manure based substrate, so far. 

I have a wild yellow oyster clone that after two attempts, 4 out of 12 tissue samples have fuzzed up, grabbed some agar, and began running with out a sign of contamination.  The cultures aren't the size of a dime yet.  The ones that all contaminated caught that greasy/wet looking spot stuff that shows up on agar, and can smell like an old house.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24586136 - 08/28/17 06:33 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I really want to do something now with this TOC. I don't have any agar. Going to wait till I make modified jar lids for the next batch. A few days now. What are peoples experiences with Texas Orange Caps. Potency etc?

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24586148 - 08/28/17 06:37 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

If you have a couple of syringes, you could jack-around, and make a few spore syringes, then inocualte sterilized grains with a few cc's of spore solution.  Texas Orange Cap is an agresive colonizer.  It throws short, stout, fruits who's caps are shaped like bells. 

As far as potency I wouldn't know, becasue I grow food, not drugs.  :super:

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #24586264 - 08/28/17 07:29 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hi hamloaf:smile:

I've definitely got some interesting things going at the moment and my culture work is much better than it used to be.

P. cinctulus has always intrigued me and here in New Zealand it seems to be quite rare, in just over fifteen years of studying fungi in the field I have seen it twice, the first time in a friends vegetable garden, I attempted to germinate spores from that collection with no success, this time I'm confident I'll get clean cultures to work with and I'm interested in seeing the sclerotia.

P. alutacea grows well on all agar recipes and just by chance I made some transfers from a clean looking germination plate to the half strength PDYA, I think three dishes and one of those has produced primordia around the entire circumference of the culture near the edge of the dish, most have aborted and turned blue I think due to warmer temperatures but more primordia are forming as we speak, I now have multiple clean cultures from that dish and the primordia transfers which I'm sure will take:)
I suspected the slow growth on rye berries may have been due to the large grain size but if you say whole oats are working well then that can't be true, I shook these rye berry jars and this didn't speed the growth up at all.
I'll see how my RGS does but I'm not sure about a final substrate yet, maybe grain spawn to CVG could work, if I can get horse manure I'll try it but I also see that saralove used compost/straw pellets, I'll experiment with a few different substrates anyway.

I'm very keen to see my King Stropharia clone fruit, I have a tray of colonised Poplar woodchip which the clone colonised in just under two weeks using supplemented aged sawdust spawn, I've applied a thin casing layer of untreated potting soil/peat which I'm hoping contains some beneficial microorganisms so in the next month or so I'm hopeful that it will promote fruit body formation.

For P. papuana I've roughly replicated the technique I used for P. aucklandiae as it is also a clay loving or terricolous species, I'm testing six different cultures four of which had strongly blueing mycelium on agar when damaged, one had slight blueing and one showed no blueing, these have been in fruiting conditions for almost three weeks and are looking good so far, fingers crossed:cool:

Good luck with your yellow oyster clone, I'd love to see it fruit:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSonGrohan
New in the trade
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: inski]
    #24586294 - 08/28/17 07:40 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone know if a standard GE lid used for liquid culture would work as a top for my agar plates I made in half pint jars today?

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: SonGrohan]
    #24586297 - 08/28/17 07:42 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I do but I think I'll just start from agar. got to wait a day or two for the new jar lids anyways.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract