Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: Skulltivator]
    #24582475 - 08/27/17 12:14 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I decided to do something weird. I brought an immature birch polypore just to examine it. I've had it for a few days now. I finally decided why not put it on agar. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it if it does grow out because there is almost no information on it's cultivation.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LotKid]
    #24582490 - 08/27/17 12:28 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I hope we can have ower own personal 1 like in American Dad, mine would be a fallout type deal mixed with kenny's cheesing adventure.

Maken agar now in the pyrex

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24582493 - 08/27/17 12:30 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Speaking of the end of the world. Knowing how to cultivate mushrooms is a pretty boss skill to have since you just need fire, straw and a pressure cooker. You can grow lots of high protein and nutrient rick food quickly to get you through those times when meat is scarce.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24582495 - 08/27/17 12:38 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: edibles are next on my agenda, i think i have phoenix oyster, finally gonna have a use for all those extra plastic grocery bags stashed on top the fridge.
Next month...next month...

Well plates are poured but i cant help feeling i fucked up. So fuck it! Im prepn grains and gonna drop some wedges or maybe Li..the cool thing about that is your myc returns to normal in a few days but seems to take longer to recover than wedges.

Edited by LemurLemur (08/27/17 01:26 AM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur] * 1
    #24582693 - 08/27/17 06:52 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Nice work, Lemur.  Have you considered LCs?  Man, LC mycelium recovers before it even hits the grains.  Of coarse, that last sentence was a bit of an exaggeration, but LC recovers fast, and covers a lot of area upon inoculation.  You can cause LC to cover even MORE area upon inoculation of the receiving media (grains, or sterilize bulk substrate) if you GENTLY roll the media vessels around for a second or two.  With bags you can gently knead apart the materials after inoculation, plus roll the bag around for a second or 2, also.

Quote:

TheBlackCat said:
I decided to do something weird. I brought an immature birch polypore just to examine it. I've had it for a few days now. I finally decided why not put it on agar. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it if it does grow out because there is almost no information on it's cultivation.

You might as well put some clones to agar.  That way an innocent poly pore doesn't lose it's life for nothing.  What I would do is figure out what kind of tree that the fruit came from, then once I got my culture going I'd drop a wedge to some LC, and grains after several transfers.  Once the grains, and, or LC colonized I would sterilize some wood dowels, and inocualte the wood dowels with fully colonized grain spawn, or LC.  Once the dowels colonized I'd bust out my cordless drill with quarter inch drill bit, and go find the same kind of tree in the same kind of condition the mother came from, OR return to the tree from which it came, drill a few holes, and inocualte the tree with some dowels.  You'll also need a hammer to pound the dowels into the pre-drilled holes, and "bees-wax" to place over the inoculation points as a sort of seal.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Loc: Valhalla
    #24582696 - 08/27/17 06:55 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Skulltivator said:
Quote:

LotKid said:
Welcome skull. Keep at it. :thumbup:

Thanks, brother. Hope to contribute at some point. For now, just logging grows and keeping you guys updated.

Quote:

Edit: Skulltivator, fanning a SGFC isn't really necessary. You should only need to mist when your cakes start looking a little dry. SGFCs get plenty of FAE.

No shit?! Didn't know that. Does it hurt to fan the SGFC or is it merely unnecessary? And about how often do the cakes get dry? (I'm not even sure what that would look like at this point.)

Welcome! It actually can contribute to your calls drying it faster. Please put a picture of your setup if you would like any input. Your cakes should appear to glisten.if they don't, and they just appear to look like a dry surface, then you need to mist. I'll put a link here for you that explains it all. I just have to find it.

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: dhype773]
    #24582699 - 08/27/17 07:01 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks dhype.  Welcome, Skulltivator!

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24582901 - 08/27/17 09:42 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Skulltivator said:
No shit?! Didn't know that. Does it hurt to fan the SGFC or is it merely unnecessary? And about how often do the cakes get dry? (I'm not even sure what that would look like at this point.)

Fanning doesn't hurt but, you don't need to do it either. I've never done cakes so I can't really help with the finer points of their care but like dhype said, if they aren't glistening then it's time to mist.

Lemur, I agree with ham, LC is awesome! I've been using LC for about 10 years now. If you can make it clean, it speeds everything up. I can have quart jars fully colonized in a week with no shake.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24583414 - 08/27/17 02:19 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

That's not a bad idea. I'll inoculate some more points on the dead birch tree. This way I can collect enough for tea. I already got the half inch bit setup on my drill and a rubber hammer so I'm golden.

--------------------

OfflineSkulltivator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: dhype773]
    #24583523 - 08/27/17 03:32 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dhype773 said:
Quote:

Skulltivator said:
Quote:

LotKid said:
Welcome skull. Keep at it. :thumbup:

Thanks, brother. Hope to contribute at some point. For now, just logging grows and keeping you guys updated.

Quote:

Edit: Skulltivator, fanning a SGFC isn't really necessary. You should only need to mist when your cakes start looking a little dry. SGFCs get plenty of FAE.

Welcome! It actually can contribute to your calls drying it faster. Please put a picture of your setup if you would like any input. Your cakes should appear to glisten.if they don't, and they just appear to look like a dry surface, then you need to mist. I'll put a link here for you that explains it all. I just have to find it.

DHype, thank you.

I'm going to put up a current picture on the original thread. It's here, but, if you're here now, give me a minute to resize the pictures according to forum specs and so on.

And I think you forgot the link.

Edited by Skulltivator (08/27/17 03:33 PM)

OfflineSkulltivator
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24583606 - 08/27/17 04:16 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Thanks dhype.  Welcome, Skulltivator!

Thanks, man!

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24583959 - 08/27/17 08:01 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

FRUITS! So excited!  :nyan:

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24583966 - 08/27/17 08:04 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Is that your Ganoderma?

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24583972 - 08/27/17 08:08 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

No it's cubes. Hehe. Yes! It is. Ganoderma loves the cocoa mulch. However I don't know if I love it. It just gets so gelatinous. I think I will try using cooler water to hydrate it next time and then pasteurizing it.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24583999 - 08/27/17 08:20 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Your excited?? Lol i just got my tamp print from sara along with 2 types of gyms/ven/thier. and a psilocybe alutacea which has me very interested since i read its comparable with liberty caps but not much else i can find about it so ill be doing some trail blazing which is also rad:awetongue:

Ima be up prepping more grain tonight and dropping plates in so ill be doing g2g by next week (hopefully!!) oh and making gas exchange ports for my lids

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24584030 - 08/27/17 08:33 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheBlackCat said:
No it's cubes. Hehe. Yes!

Oh you. Like I don't know cube myc when I see it. :smirk:
Seriously though, that's awesome.

@lemur- Nice! Sara hooks it up!

--------------------

OfflineSkulltivator
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24584325 - 08/27/17 11:38 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, Lotkid.

Up late again (just noc'd the jars I told you about last night). If you're up too, would you go take a look at the grow of mine we were talking about last night, the one I was fanning (perhaps too much)? I know you said I don't need to fan with a SGFC, but the fruits have fuzzy feet and are kinda long and skinny. If I understand correctly, these things mean insufficient FAE. Since I'm fanning a lot, I'm wondering if my SGFC is poorly designed, despite my best efforts to avoid that.

Pictures are here and here; I'd love your input.

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24584400 - 08/28/17 12:27 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Oh Lot is sleep'n haha.

Sterilizing jars, pastuerizing straw N started germing cacti and morning glory seeds wile y'all sleep'n :lol:
Really im just not able to sleep even though i feel like ragged shit.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24584502 - 08/28/17 02:25 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Can't sleep either. Now you have me thinking of the 20 some odd agar jars I need to dump and bleach.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24584518 - 08/28/17 02:47 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Are they tam'd? Eeeww thats not something u want to neglect:puke:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder