Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24573385 - 08/23/17 12:27 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks.  Yeah that first round of transfers all contaminated with that grease spot stuff.  I had to go back, and take 12 more transfers. 
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24569543#24569543

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24573416 - 08/23/17 12:52 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Thats a shame, truly  :flop:  :sonofawebitch:

Ima route for u untill my dog starts lookn at me funny and makes me feel self conscious haha

You live by the shroom u sleep whenever they tell u to haha. They were ready now so i took a teeny tiny harvest.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Edited by LemurLemur (08/23/17 02:53 AM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24574558 - 08/23/17 03:35 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Man it took 2 and a half full days to get all those prints packed, and all the folks who I promised pages to completed.  Been a slave to the spores the last few days, and it feels good to get all that stuff out of the way and it was great fun.  Think I'll celebrate by taking a rest, then drinking a bunch off coffee, and staying up all night doing inoculations, and making transfers.  You know.  Lab grunt work.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24574605 - 08/23/17 03:50 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I get little dots of yeast sometimes. They are like orangey red and almost seem greasy. Yay! My purple mystics should be fruiting in a few days hopefully. My ganoderma sesile looks pretty cleaned. Closed the bags up yesterday and no more contams since the ones I picked off. So excited! I saved them. I was supposed to try and make substrate again today and get some agar work done but I may be just too damn tired. Was thinking just a quart of worm casting verm and coir.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24574663 - 08/23/17 04:24 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Haha i took 5 xD but im getting better at taken them, theyre dark dark purple N thick. Some of my first prints ever were invisible in comparison, waited to long but now i get em at the golden zone.

I cant wait to see how purple N mystic they turn out o.o, screw it next time i get paid ima order a few hundred plates ill be damned if i get another 25pk that just dont cut it.
Im maken more cakes to try Li but with a twist, ima mix in some straw with the standard mix to speed up colonization a bit more.
Im tired as hell to, my insomnia is coming back again. I needa get some smot and sleep for a few days.

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24574765 - 08/23/17 05:28 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

ive been lazy lately. only spawned one tub a few days ago. havne't done any myco work. only been harvesting daily.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: eatyualive]
    #24574946 - 08/23/17 06:55 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Come on now, dont make us take your TC license and give it to Ham. :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: eatyualive]
    #24574955 - 08/23/17 07:00 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
i know its not super rare cause in the baggie it came in it has a lil card with a pic of them with Martinique written in gold cursive.

That means it originally came from saralove. Her packaging is down right classy. She makes those cards from pics she takes from her grows. I have one of her Martinique prints too.

Been busy with life. Been making and knocking up grain in the meantime. Put more grain in to soak tonight. Gonna PC it tomorrow after work and maybe knock it up if I don't fall asleep. Actually working a legit jobby job now to help save up money to move and work for myself full time again.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LotKid]
    #24574991 - 08/23/17 07:24 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Nice man, baby steps.  What did you get a job doing?

Fell asleep for a few hours.  I am about this far away from halting all cold weather Psilocybe cultivation.  It's just too darn humid, and hot in my zone.  Perfect for mold to take ahold, and set in my on the woodchips every time.  Not dry, and, or cold enough here.  It's windy here but like a swamp, so on the next few trials I am going to pasteurize the woodchips before spawning to them, and inocualte with a super high inoculation ratio into a thin substrate in hopes that the mycelium colonizes the woodchips before a mold colony can set in.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24575004 - 08/23/17 07:31 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Ah thats super cool! I wanna do that eventually.

Hellyea work that job till your own boss again, fuck being some1s errand boy.
Curious? What did u do then?

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24575037 - 08/23/17 07:50 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I actually found a place that doesn't seem to care about my drug felonies. The company manufactures materials then sells those materials to companies that use the materials to make their products. Make sense? The department I'm in makes the white absorbent part of band aids. :lol:

I hate punching a clock. But, it's the only legit job offer I've gotten so far that doesn't care about my slight background. I've gotten a few job offers from one of my previous business partners but they're not exactly legal and I'm still on a slight leash. Albeit my leash is very very long and should be non existent within the next few weeks.  So within the next few months, I should be outta here and doing something I love again.

I bet cold liking woodlovers would be challenging in your area. But if anyone can pull it off, it's you. I know you won't give up on them. Do you think you might have a better shot building up culture and spawn during the winter and spawning outside after the frost? Let them get established a little before the summer heat. Or maybe spawning in early October and possibly getting a harvest in early spring?

Quote:

LemurLemur said:
Ah thats super cool! I wanna do that eventually.

Hellyea work that job till your own boss again, fuck being some1s errand boy.
Curious? What did u do then?

You mean, what was I doing for work previously?

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24575063 - 08/23/17 08:02 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, idk why but i wanna say mason work?

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24575066 - 08/23/17 08:04 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Why mason work?

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LotKid] * 1
    #24575076 - 08/23/17 08:11 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Your pants, the only reason. Masons wear tan pants alot....weirdos haha i do electrical work and most of us wear shorts like any normal person working outside in the south.
If u can find a gig doing electric work its really easy unless your on a nuke plant job an are the head electrician cause u gotta know owm's law N conversions, but if u can read a blue print and dont haft ass u can make up to 20 with no schooling.

--------------------

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24575098 - 08/23/17 08:21 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Actually those pants in my sig are light camo. When I got out last sept not all my clothes fit. I gained a few pounds while I was away. :facepalm:

But before that, I was doing "concert vending" for a long time. Hence my screen name. The parking lot or "lot" outside of shows was my main office where you could find me. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24575120 - 08/23/17 08:33 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if this is the right way to go about things but it makes sense in other instances in life. Survival of the fittest and all that jazz. I got a really rhizomorphic strain of purple mystic by isolating the strong mycelium that was able to gather together and beat the contamination in the jar. I transfered those singular thick rhizomorphic bits a few times and came up with what I have now. I have three PESA jars that I put on the bottom of the shelf because they weren't growing. But in one of the jars I just noticed a really strong section that beat out whatever this contamination is. I'm thinking if it's only one area in one jar it might be good to transfer that ut a few times to see what I get. I'm hoping I have enough energy either sometime tonight or when I get home tomorrow.

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24575160 - 08/23/17 08:59 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Uh oh, now that I am free to roam the country, and rested up after having packed up hundreds of prints the inspiration to get in the lab to take inventory, and inoculate those manure/straw bags with all that pan LC is hitting hard.  That sounds like a good Midnight Mycology goal for this Wednsday evening.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24575211 - 08/23/17 09:19 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Ohhh i get it now du... now i meeda know why Ham chose the name Hamloafinberg unless im missing something and that was a scientist.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24575343 - 08/23/17 10:32 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

OH NO! Hamloaf. Just took a look at your clones. Looks a bit yeasty or something. Looks like what's chasing me PESA right now. I got a clean wild clone of my ganoderma by wrapping it in a alcohol wipe for a few seconds. Just long enough for it to only partially permeate the surface. I think this may only work with drier mushrooms though.

Finally I have some actually usable bulk substrate. For fucks sake. Nice coir, verm and gypsum mix. I may forgo supplementing since I already soaked my grain in strong coffee and it seems with the springtail filled fun bag of utter cow shit (pun not originally intended) I should avoid any other variables that could fuck me over and just mix my spawn jars when I wake up.

Also is it just me or does coir smell like pinesol. It's so weird.

Oh yeah and this. <3 Smells so nice too. 3-4 more days and I should hopefully have some mushy friends popping up. Ignore the bare spot. I stuck my finger in because I was worried the substrate was dry. Yay! Purple mystics and more purple mystics soon. Bulk magic.

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (08/23/17 10:53 PM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24575493 - 08/24/17 12:13 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:woot:

Got all the bags inflated.  Got 6 bags inocualted each with 70cc's of LC.  The bags were, then gently rolled around for a few seconds to distribute moisture, and inoculum.  Right now I am boiling some water for the sterilization (cue for some one to come and start an argument) of those large syringes, so that the Sandose, Jamacian, and Australian can all be shook up, aspired, then inocualte the remaing sterilized manure/straw bags with.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale