Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24562822 - 08/18/17 01:20 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I once drove in Illinois by accident from Indiana. I drove 50 miles on the straightest road I've ever seen. Nothing but corn.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemynakedrat
The phantom hourglass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Inner Astral levels Flag
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: eatyualive]
    #24562824 - 08/18/17 01:21 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I drove through there, southern part.
Corn as far as I could see. And nothing else lol

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24562898 - 08/18/17 01:50 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yup! I am lucky that there is a river, small one, a couple miles outside town and has some good wood patches along it. About 12 to 15 miles away, along the same river, is a forest preserve with a couple thousand acers of land open to the public.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Loc: Valhalla
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheMadHatter420]
    #24564303 - 08/19/17 02:21 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I will never go back to IL! I hate cities, and I hate religion.

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: dhype773]
    #24566447 - 08/20/17 12:25 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Pouring plates at 2 a.m.  :smile2:

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: hamloaf]
    #24566463 - 08/20/17 12:41 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I keep thinking about doing stuff but it just doesn't happen. I cleaned out the closet where I had my icky oyster bags and it doesn't smell like a moldy basement in my closet anymore. Good thing to because I store cultures there. I opned my other closet and thought hey maybe I should go clear off a shelf so my ganoderma sesille can get fruiting. I love it every time I open that damn closet. The smell is amazing. I'm just not feeling it tonight. Kinda want to just lay around.

Oh and I just took my purple mystic bin out and smelled it. I guess that's something sorta like work. It smells perfect and is colonizing nicely. After the mycogone infection in my pan cyans. I really needed this to go well to bring up my spirits. That means my three other jars I finished are safe. Weird thing though. One of my jars colonized downwards and then just stopped a half inch shy of the bottom and won't colonize that part of the jar. It's been a few days. It looks completely normal but the mycelium got all super mychorhizal and seems to be not having it. It's weird how it looks perfectly clean. I'll chuck it outside in the patch. I have three other jars. Better safe than sorry.

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (08/20/17 12:47 AM)

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: TheBlackCat]
    #24566472 - 08/20/17 12:46 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Evening black kitty!  :hatsoff:
It's about time to go our some PLATES, gurl.  Like the scent of fresh, healthy mycelium wafting through the air too.  Get that right after shaking grain bags, and after building tubs.  After grain bag are shaken the scent of mycelium usually wafts through the air for a few days.  Come to think of it, the smell of mycelium wafts through the air right around 100% colonization of the bulk substrate & after having misted.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24566484 - 08/20/17 01:00 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hello Hamloaf! I kinda want spam every time I see your name but not really. Or one of those danish hams covered in that weird gelatin. :gethigh:

I do have some stuff on plates and some extra clean plates to work on. My PESA looks like major crap so I'm starting that over. But there is much hope for my KSSS. It seems a bit wispier than I'm used to but it's clean and agressive. I'm hoping a few more transfers of select areas should strengthen it up. Seems to be growing out evenly on all sides. Just sparse. I got extra plates so I'm going to drop more spores to see if I can get some better mycelium as well. I kept my pan cyans on agar so even though my bin went sour I can still try again at any time.

I want to build a flow hood but I'll have to make some trades to get the equipment. I'll enjoy the work much more with my EDS if I can just sit down and relax and stretch out. I want to build a 2x2'

--------------------

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24566491 - 08/20/17 01:05 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Crap!  Delayed 15-20 minutes.  It's no big deal though.  Recently noticed some fresh, and clean Psilocybe Stunzii germiation on agar a few hours ago, pretty excited about that.  Have to clean out the fruiting room first thing in the morning.  Will be introducing into fruiting various Panaeolus, Mexicana, and some more APEENO trays in the ol' GH at the same time.  Last I checked those wild oysters haven't began to run a culture yet, and I really want some orange juice right about now.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24566500 - 08/20/17 01:22 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Woah! You have all sorts of stuff going. Maybe once I start mastering my technique I can get more stuff happening at once. <3

I kinda want a hot pocket and those are totally gross for you but the pepperoni ones are my occasional junk food. Mmmmm. Hot cellulose and nitrate pockets. I wonder if I could grow mushrooms on one. Well time for a snack then drifting off with my kitty and netflix. Fun fact. My avatar is my actual kitty.

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24566505 - 08/20/17 01:26 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I just realized I hit a thousand posts in a matter of months. Holy shitake. I'm lucky if I make a few posts a week on Facebook. I have become one with the shroomery.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #24566512 - 08/20/17 01:33 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

There even worse when u cover them in melted cheese n butter xD who's at risk of an early heart attack? This guy :cool:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24566551 - 08/20/17 02:05 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Gross!  :puke:  :smile2:
Finished pouring plates, and got some darn orange juice.  Good news.  The wild oyster clones have begun to fuzz up.  So far only one section has got a satellite, wet/grease spot contamination.  The rest of them look pretty clean.

--------------------

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#24566639 - 08/20/17 04:31 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Knocked up a bunch of AA and looks like my minitub alternative thing is about ready to fruit

This is what i do with in-vitro fruiters, give em some bulk sub and more space, and cling wrap with some breathing holes

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: Fractal420]
    #24567650 - 08/20/17 02:54 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I'm really fascinated with your live moss covered cubes LemurLemur. Where did you get the moss?

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24567692 - 08/20/17 03:12 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

ill be spawning the matias romero tonight. im hoping i can revise this one and spread the spores. its an oldie but goodie.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24567868 - 08/20/17 04:51 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Literally from behind the apts. i was last living at. I put my pp5 mouth on a good patch an traced it with a knife and gently rolled it up so there wouldnt be holes n tears that might make it pin from just those holes.
I was worried i was just gonna get side pins or trapped pins under neath it but they poked their pretty lil heads out n said surprise!
When i find a full enough patch ill answer eat's request of a full mono like that :amanita2::amanita2::amanita2:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The "Midnight Mycology" Thread. [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24570181 - 08/21/17 05:57 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

-  Clone native oyster mushrooms, check.
-  fruit several & various speices of exotics, check.
-  empty, and clean sterilizers, check.
-  prep 20 quarts of WBS, check.
-  take inventory on progress of every culture in the lab, check.
-  shake 21 cubensis grainmasters, check.
-  shake 16 Mexicana grain cultures, check.
-  DO NOT shake 3 Panaeolus grainmasters, check.
-  build 6 Galindoi 50 quart, Ohmatic monotubs of cased, sterilized bulk susbtrate materials, check.

Was going to take the rest of the night of, and chill, but need a sleeve of 3 sectioned Petri dishes for some transfers coming up, so it was decided to start agar instead of chill.  It's alright though.  Wouldn't be able to relax without having completed every task anyway.  Anybody else have any Monday night, Midnight Mycology things planned?

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

#24570245 - 08/21/17 06:21 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

If u aint doing shit u waste'n time, rest when your dead.
Im maken some cakes for spore inoculation since amazon fucked up my dish order:mad2: for some different varieties that ima forget about for 2 weeks or so haha.
Ive got some cakes already with clone agar wedges to inoc em just so i can add it to my resume(?) and cause i like the look.

Im die'n to clean up the rest of my cultures!!!

--------------------

OfflineTheBlackCat
Possibly Human
Female User Gallery

#24570253 - 08/21/17 06:24 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Hey midnight mycology people. I'm trying to save my ganoderma sesille bags. I was wondering if you had any ideas.

My substrate was way too moist and it caused some issues.I got all the contamination off and drained the excess water out and it grew back over the contaminated areas I removed fine. My one issue is some slight pooling on the bottom and what looks like a bit of bacterial slime. I want to remove the whole bottom layer and give a chance for fresh mycelium to grow over. The question is what do I do with the blocks once I do that. Maybe make a chamber out of a plastic bin with perlite and then put the cakes on top of a foil layer or pie tin. What do you think? They are in my basement right now segregated from my grow area. Ganoderma sessile is so amazing and I can't believe how well it heals itself.

--------------------

Edited by TheBlackCat (08/21/17 06:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom