Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process
    #24522002 - 08/01/17 05:45 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

So I'm in LOTS of pain right now and mainly I'm scared I fucked up my surgery recovery for my shoulder surgery it's been very painful but not too terribly much to the point where I'd need to be hospitalized. The force of the fall on the concrete knocked me out immediately. I was using a new 2017 jaccuzi at my house and the water was getting too hot so I tried to momentarily raise up a bit and slightly leaned back against the side and I slipped to the point where I just did a half back flipright into the cement . Thank god I landed on my left shoulder if I did fall on the right one it would've 100% chance my repaired labrum would be ripped and I'm 7 months in recovery and the surgery itself was  insanely incredibly painful. I can't do it again    Disclaimer I know what I did was no doubt stupid but I didnt expect that and I'm sooooo sad and frustrated . I feel like I'll never get better at this rate :frown:.

Also I did pass out, my head is a little dizzy/blurry/headaches also I'm just sitting here and my surgery pain is bad which isn't super normal :sad:

Good vibes friends?

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlinetheRealrollforever
Selfproclaimedwizard
 User Gallery

Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24522011 - 08/01/17 06:00 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear that man do you at least have a bowl you can smoke

--------------------
:wizard: :wizard:
sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineCujllickduo
Male

Loc: England Flag
Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #24522016 - 08/01/17 06:04 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

was sent home today they changed my shift for another man, have to see the manager in morning to talk to him.

pale skin might go mums she has my shampoo want a shower and could relax in hotub  :awelol:

@seriouslytripping hope you make a quick recovery that'll be great :smile:

OnlineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: theRealrollforever] * 1
    #24522026 - 08/01/17 06:14 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

theRealrollforever said:
I'm sorry to hear that man do you at least have a bowl you can smoke

Thanks y'all :hug: and yeah I have a g or two thank god.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

OfflineCujllickduo
Male

Loc: England Flag
    #24522027 - 08/01/17 06:26 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

:murray:

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#24522041 - 08/01/17 06:43 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I've had injuries severe enough that it took months to fully close/shed the scabbing but even after that point there's still pain and nerve damage that takes even longer to heal. The worst for me I think was a cut I got on the ball of my foot. Either from a clam shell or broken bottle or some other random piece of super sharp junk (I was "swimming" in our local fishing water). It was a huge gash. Literally the only thing that stopped it from going further was bone. Went about 2/3rds the way up the side of my foot at the "tallest" part of the ball of your foot to nearly my middle toe.

I knew it was going to take a long time to heal so I wasn't really worried about how long that took. However after the visible healing was done, a huge section of my foot basically felt perpetually numbed by local anesthetic but the sensation is painful at the same time. There would also be random spikes of pain that would just come out of nowhere. This went on for at least a year or two. I thought it was never going to get better and just grew to accept it. Eventually it sorted itself out. The body is an amazing thing, you'll be fine. Just take it easy.

Here's the story if anyone is curious.

Me my brother and a friend had worked our way out about 30 or 40 feet from the shore, water level was really low, deepest it reached on me was about waist level. We were sinking deep into the mud with every step as far up as our knees. As you can imagine it wasn't just a 10 second stroll to get to the spot this happened, but that also goes for getting back to shore from that spot.

Right about the time that we were gonna have to turn back because it was getting impossible to go any further, I felt something. I'm no stranger to this feeling, I'm prone to injury and have sliced myself so many times.. I instantly knew I had just cut my foot and it was bad. I tell my brother and friend that I just cut the shit out of myself and need to get back ASAP but they think I'm joking.

So I start going as fast as I can and then they realize it's not a joke. I barely made it to the shore and managed to tie a sock around my foot before the blood loss was making it difficult to remain conscious. Soon as it was tied they carried me back to my grandpa sitting in the truck and we rushed home (yep, home.. I don't go to the hospital for stuff like this, huge phobia of needles). I was very worried about infection because A. I had no idea what I cut it on and B. This was a huge fucking gash that was wide open and I'm having to walk through mud on it. So I sterilized the shit out of the wound. Easily one of the most painful experiences of my life. I use butterfly stitches (well now "wound closure strips") gauze and neosporin for stuff like this.

Few days after it happened I had just taken my bath and was on my way back to my room when the crutches I was on both slipped at the same time. Instinctively I tried to catch myself which meant slamming my foot down to get my balance back. I actually spent the next 2 hours crying (I was 18).  I knew at some point bathing was going to cause me a lot of pain, I assumed it would be from getting in or out of the tub.. Not easy to get in one with one good foot, you can just feel like you're going to slip at any second.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

#24522285 - 08/01/17 10:20 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

@ seriously trippin and JAF

what do you two think about koods returning but not changing his sig as per the bet?

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24522617 - 08/01/17 01:18 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Did you go to the doctor? you should at least see your primary care to get checked out. Shit ain't the movies, you can't hit your head hard enough to go unconscious and be A okay.

He/she can do a general check of your shoulder too, assuming he/she knows the procedure you went through. Go ahead and go so you can avoid having something worse happen and maybe hopefully put your mind at ease about possible injury.

:hug: take care of yourself man. And be more careful. Use sticky fish mats on the bottom of the tub or something next time.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24522618 - 08/01/17 01:19 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I swear you and Vandango have the absolute worst luck.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24523602 - 08/01/17 10:32 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Anywhere that's wet and u have no shoes on u gotta be careful, maybe get some chacos

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: 5150]
    #24523606 - 08/01/17 10:36 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Order a pizza to heal your shoulder.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: sunshine]
    #24523620 - 08/01/17 10:42 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Get hamburger or sausage on pizza,protein heals

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

OnlineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad night,got knocked out and may have fucked my surgery process [Re: 5150]
    #24523833 - 08/02/17 01:04 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

I have a lot of specific responses to homies/homette in the thread but as you can imagine I'm pretty wiped. I will update this soon though to answer questions and such. But no I didn't go to the hospital or really do anything good for it . I took Advil,water,pain killers and weed. Also I didn't sleep for about 5 hours after I fell. I did sleep 7 hours today and feel better . Like I said though I'll update and answer some questions more in depth later.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
& Big Worm Forever

InvisibleFrozenHappiness
Professional Cereal Box

Loc: Nagoon Lagoon
    #24523836 - 08/02/17 01:05 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

The real question is if your innie is an outie again. I hear those surgeries are explensive.

--------------------

OnlinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#24523940 - 08/02/17 02:38 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Damn man, hope you recover well. Drink lots of carrotnjuice

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Community >> The Pub